Short girls under 5'5 trying to loose weight?

Options

Replies

• tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yeah , i have a friend who's 5'7 and she is at 230 and her goal is 170. But she already looks curvy but not fat. shorter people just carry it so much more different then taller people
  • Birdie1952
    Birdie1952 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 217 pounds. My first goal is 170. I just started Nutrisystem last Friday. I am almost completed on the first week of "Turbo Takeoff Week". I am down 5 pounds as of this morning. The rest of the time I will probably be doing good if I lose 2 pounds a week but I will take that. : ) I carry most of my weight in my stomach and belly.
  • meghanlen93
    meghanlen93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    4'11 trying to lose about ten lbs! Add me as a friend - meghanlen93
  • tasha12004
    Options
    10 pounds should only take a month in a half or 2 months if your at a healthy weight already :)
  • borntowin4me
    borntowin4me Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". I'm 153 lbs ( down from 164 at the end of December) and aiming for about 128 lbs. I gain in my tummy and face.

Would love to have more friends on here, I find that seeing MFP friends' updates help helps keep me motivated.
  • crzypsychnrs1
    crzypsychnrs1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also started nutrisystem on Feb 7 and I am down 2.8 lbs in five days, I bought my kit walmart to see if I could commit to their foods. Im going to buy another kit today. If I can do it for 10 days I'll join for the month. Id like to stay in touch with others on this diet for ideas an support!!
  • sandynas
    sandynas Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'M SHORT AND I'M PROUD

LOL no but really even though us short girls are more compact and weight gain is more apparent, usually we are curvier! It is a struggle for me to...I was almost at my goal weight about 9 months ago but I have gained a lot back
  • m2marsh
    m2marsh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I also started nutrisystem on Feb 7 and I am down 2.8 lbs in five days, I bought my kit walmart to see if I could commit to their foods. Im going to buy another kit today. If I can do it for 10 days I'll join for the month. Id like to stay in touch with others on this diet for ideas an support!!

I had a lot of success with NS. Just as an FYI, if you do decide to sign up, they'll ask for a 2 month commitment. If you cancel after the first month, you'll have to give them back some of the discount they gave you due to your 2 month contract. I think ordering thru them is much easier in terms of staying on track. Because you get to choose your own entrees instead of just getting what they give you in those kits. Plus, you get to order frozen if you go thru them, and those entrees are generally more tasty -- at least in my opinion!
  • lizh9
    lizh9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    So glad to see all you fellow shorties! I'm 5'1" and if I lose 5 pounds I'll go down a pant size. But each pound seems to be slow go!
    Feel free to add me, I'd love to see more food diaries. Currently I'm at 145 and want to get down to 120.
    thanks,
    Liz
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 143. I have been as heavy as 180, started MFP at 163. I lost all the way down to 128, then purposely bulked to gain muscle back up to 144.

When I tried to cut after the bulk I made it to 137 then just ballooned back up to 148 due to stress eating.

I'd love to lose a few lbs. Maybe to 135. At the moment I'm maintaining because of some...issues. I'm also training for another power lifting meet in March and I can't really train in a deficit.
  • sharunza
    sharunza Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11". I've managed to get to 110, but would like to be 105. 1200 calories a day is tough. There's not much wiggle room when you're already short. I've had some success by quitting booze and any added sugar.

Feel free to add me.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    How have you ladies been doing on the weight loss journey? I'm really frustrated because i haven't lost any weight in about a week but i'm loosing inches.... i just want the weight to follow
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    The inches are what matters. I haven't gotten on the scale because it was too frustrating. Taking measurements is where it's at. The scale is the same but my thighs have gone down 1.5".
  • bbell1985
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    How have you ladies been doing on the weight loss journey? I'm really frustrated because i haven't lost any weight in about a week but i'm loosing inches.... i just want the weight to follow

I usually don't lose weight on a week to week basis anymore. I mean, I am in maintenance at the moment because I suck at losing weight but yeah...the scale moves at a snails pace. It's like it doesn't go anywhere, then all the sudden I'm just 3 lbs down after 2 months of agony.
  • designerdiscounts
    Options
    Bbell, that's exactly how it works for me. I get on the scale about every 2 weeks and it can take a couple months for it to budge. Measurements, measurements, measurements.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Bbell, that's exactly how it works for me. I get on the scale about every 2 weeks and it can take a couple months for it to budge. Measurements, measurements, measurements.

Yep. That started happening once I got in the "healthy" weight range.

You should have seen me last year trying to drop from 133 to 128. It was literally painful. I was lean enough that the 5lb difference made me really tiny (I'm no 128 in my profile pic lol. Back to 143).
  • designerdiscounts
    Options
    Are you saying you're 143 in your profile pic? Because you wear it well! I'm currently 145 and 5'4", we have very similar stats. I'd love to drop another 10 lbs.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Are you saying you're 143 in your profile pic? Because you wear it well! I'm currently 145 and 5'4", we have very similar stats. I'd love to drop another 10 lbs.

Yeah 143 there. I'm flexing though. I like being closer to 138. Before I bulked I really like 133. I lost my butt at 128.
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm with you all.. 5'3, and my weight has spanned 50lbs at this height... around 105 in my early teen years (not eating enough & too skinny- the start of a long disordered relationship with food), up to 120s in high school and college, then 130s in graduate school.. crept up to 140 in my late 20s/early 30s... then high 140s... 35 now & I got on the scale last month & it was 155! Through all this weight gain, I have maintained a steady schedule of 5-6 days a week of exercise- running & boot camp stuff. Unfortunately, it's all food that I need to get a grip on - being so short, the weight gain is very noticeable and I feel terrible about the way I look and how things fit right now. I'm down to 150 since early January.. I know the only thing that will work is slow & steady. Ideal weight at this point (considering that I have a lot more muscle than in my 20s) is probably about 135.
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    4' 8'' here... carrying any extra weight being short is the worst! I always look heavier then I actually am. :neutral: