Rewards

Options
Wondering what others have set as a reward for themselves when they reach mini and over goals?

Replies

• steph_runn44
    steph_runn44 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I made mini goals for every 5 pounds like a massage or pedicure or getting a new pair of workout pants or a swimsuit. I made them non-food related and things I generally don't splurge on often.
  • FitOneSoon
    FitOneSoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I made mini goals for every 5 pounds like a massage or pedicure or getting a new pair of workout pants or a swimsuit. I made them non-food related and things I generally don't splurge on often.

Didn't think of those! I'm looking to fill in my last two. I have mine set for every 10lbs. Have the first 20lbs set but was hoping by asking others I would get some ideas for my last 20lbs. Thanks :)
  • missmagnoliablossom
    Options
    I just took a list of things I really want, but rarely buy myself, and set them down for each 10 pounds lost, as well as bigger milestones (onederland, BMI changes, goal, etc.). Some examples would be: a facial, new art for my apartment, a particular bracelet I've been wanting, a few books, etc. Big goal is a trip to CA + shopping my (hopefully) little heart out.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Rewards for losing weight seems like getting a trophy for participating in sports.
  • clags301
    clags301 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Rewards for losing weight seems like getting a trophy for participating in sports.

I'm kinda with you on this one. The reward for me is being healthy, feeling confident and rocking size 4 jeans!
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    my 75 pound reward for myself was a new tattoo. . tried posting a picture but cant figure out how to scale it down and no one needs to see my foot that big. . lol
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    new clothes...and may sound a bit stupid but iv never been into painting my nails but i was looking for excuses to walk more, And something to keep my hands busy. Fairly often ill walk an hour each way to the dollar store thats semi far away grab some nail polish and come home and do my nails. Burns the calories, Gives me a purpose in my walk, Keeps my hands busy for an hour i cant be eating, And i feel pretty :p

edit:
    ktekc wrote: »
    my 75 pound reward for myself was a new tattoo. . tried posting a picture but cant figure out how to scale it down and no one needs to see my foot that big. . lol

I also got a new tattoo at 75 pounds on my thigh :D I love it so much it reminds me why i do this :p
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    May sound a little weird but it worked for me, when I got down to a certain weight, I bought all new pretty panties in the appropriate size. Made me feel pretty even though no one else saw them.

80 pounds down (232-150) And im still in the same panties XD My booty just wont go away LOL. Owell
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    So?

Changing behaviour is hard work. Rewarding yourself is fun.

You have loads of good advice, but sometimes... if you've got nothing nice to say, try saying nothing.

there is a ton of psychological research between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation (so much so that I had to take an entire graduate psych class on motivation. Ultimately, some folks are motivated by things (small rewards etc) and others by intrinsic (doing it for yourself etc)
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    So?

Changing behaviour is hard work. Rewarding yourself is fun.

You have loads of good advice, but sometimes... if you've got nothing nice to say, try saying nothing.

there is a ton of psychological research between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation (so much so that I had to take an entire graduate psych class on motivation. Ultimately, some folks are motivated by things (small rewards etc) and others by intrinsic (doing it for yourself etc)
    I do best with a balance. I know that ultimately, my health is mine and good health is more fun than bad health.

But I'm also motivated by things like "streaks" of days with over 60 min of activity on Google Fit and putting money on losing weight (I won January - and now I need to work hard to win February).

If looking forward to a massage or a pedicure or new clothes makes it easier to skip that food you shouldn't eat, or get out and exercise, then do the thing that works for you. If you don't need that... cool story, bro.
  • nicruns
    nicruns Posts: 201 Member
    Options

SAME here.
    mani/pedi, massage, random kitchen gadget I want (but don't need), new workout top/bottom, some sort of fancy bath/body product (scented epsom salts or a new moisturizer)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    New clothes FTW!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Understand, keeping a reasonable weight is responsible behavior for good health. Do people reward themselves for brushing their teeth everyday?
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I call it a 'reward', but I put the $ back into myself: new workout shoes, equipment, etc. This, and - the best 'reward' is the shower after the workout, and feeling that you kicked it again....lol!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

Understand, keeping a reasonable weight is responsible behavior for good health. Do people reward themselves for brushing their teeth everyday?

My body rewards me by letting me keep my teeth. It's a pretty awesome reward.

Exactly just like getting to/maintaining one's weight is a big part to being healthy, being able to run with your grandkids,etc. Extremely awesome reward.