Ask a vegan

Options
Tofu is actually magic.

Replies

• UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have a gut feeling that if this goes anywhere it won't go anywhere good.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    As a vegan runner you might be able to answer this.... are there any distance runners more awesome than Scott Jurek?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Have you had the daiya chocolate cheesecake yet?

I'd marry it if it was possible

Which it will be soon I'm sure
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Im not a vegan but love tofu
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Do you start eating a muffin before removing the little muffin sleeve or after removing the little muffin sleeve?

I take the paper off. Eat the bottom of the muffin. Then the top. Then the paper.

But I'm not vegan.
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    UltraVegRunnerBabe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have a gut feeling that if this goes anywhere it won't go anywhere good.

I just won't reply if it gets out of hand
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    As a vegan runner you might be able to answer this.... are there any distance runners more awesome than Scott Jurek?

Antoine Jolicoeur
    Sebastjan Gregoric
    Morgan Mitchell
    Ariel Rosenfeld
    Denis Mikhaylove
    Damian Stoy
    Ben Dame
    Madi Serpico
    The list goes on...
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    Have you had the daiya chocolate cheesecake yet?

I'd marry it if it was possible

Which it will be soon I'm sure

No, I havent! I was never a cheesecake fan, so even if it's vegan I will avoid it. But do invite me to the wedding! So long as there is cake, too;)
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    Do you start eating a muffin before removing the little muffin sleeve or after removing the little muffin sleeve?

I take the paper off. Eat the bottom of the muffin. Then the top. Then the paper.

But I'm not vegan.

I'm on a paper-free diet, so I only eat paper-free muffins. Homever, I usually eat the muffin top to bottom. For cupcakes, I lick the frosting off and then eat the cake part like the muffin. (Or I wipe the frosting off and give it to my cat, because I hate frosting)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    being a vegan is fine.... and just like anything else (religion, politics, enviromentalism etc.), keep it as your own value.

I gotta believe that eating lower on the food chain would solve an entire host of issues.

• omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Favorite vegan dish?
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    omakase619 wrote: »
    Favorite vegan dish?

Ooh that's a tough one. I'd have to go by meals for this:
    Breakfast: Peppermint Banana Waffles with maple syrup
    Snack: dried figs
    Lunch: Lentil soup with sourdough bread and pico de gallo
    Dinner: Huge burrito with blackbeans, chickpeas, avocado, rice, and more pico de gallo
    Dessert: Oatmeal raison walnut cookie topped with a spoonful of molasses
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    Options
    Do you abstain from eating cheerios or do you accept that some products are close enough ?

Btw I will eat cheerios but it does bother me more from a perfectionist point of view.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My question is this: Why vegan (or vegetarian)?

I do not understand why people choose to be vegetarian or vegan. I know it's not for me though.
    I am not judging one bit....many times I have shared a cheese pizza or a black-bean burger (which tastes amazingly like a chili burger - hold the ground beef) with a vegetarian friend.

• KeepRunningFatboy
    Options

I do not understand why people choose to be vegetarian or vegan.

I can share my reason; the knowledge of an animal suffering and being slaughtered and my participation or contribution by way of eating the animal or using the skin for a belt or shoes deeply, deeply hurts both emotionally and consciously. I would rather die than eat another creatures body. I also feel strongly that I should never push this point of view on others, but I'm always willing to share my philosophy of compassion for life.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options

I do not understand why people choose to be vegetarian or vegan.

I can share my reason; the knowledge of an animal suffering and being slaughtered and my participation or contribution by way of eating the animal or using the skin for a belt or shoes deeply, deeply hurts both emotionally and consciously. I would rather die than eat another creatures body. I also feel strongly that I should never push this point of view on others, but I'm always willing to share my philosophy of compassion for life.

That's cool.
    I respect that fact that you're not compelled to push your point of view on others. There is great value in that.

Whenever PETA does something outrageous, I typically respond by buying dinner for my friends. ... and I order veal for everyone.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    If I become Vegan, am I still technically a man?