UltraVegRunnerBabe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    omakase619 wrote: »
    Favorite vegan dish?

Ooh that's a tough one. I'd have to go by meals for this:
    Breakfast: Peppermint Banana Waffles with maple syrup
    Snack: dried figs
    Lunch: Lentil soup with sourdough bread and pico de gallo
    Dinner: Huge burrito with blackbeans, chickpeas, avocado, rice, and more pico de gallo
    Dessert: Oatmeal raison walnut cookie topped with a spoonful of molasses

Would you ever give me a raisin cookie and tell me that it's chocolate chip?

No, I would give you a cookie raisin and tell you it's a raisin cookie. Mwahaha!
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    Do you mount the toilet paper roll over or under?

I use the old lettuce in my fridge, and I place it on top of my pile of Gardening magazines.
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    Amanda92TX wrote: »
    Do you start eating a muffin before removing the little muffin sleeve or after removing the little muffin sleeve?

I just eat the tops and leave the stumps

Aw the poor stumps! I'll eat your stumps.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Do you compost?
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    Do you compost?

We have a compost, yes, but we feed it to our chickens.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    Do you compost?

Are your chickens just pets, or does someone eat the eggs?
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    omakase619 wrote: »
    Favorite vegan dish?

Ooh that's a tough one. I'd have to go by meals for this:
    Breakfast: Peppermint Banana Waffles with maple syrup
    Snack: dried figs
    Lunch: Lentil soup with sourdough bread and pico de gallo
    Dinner: Huge burrito with blackbeans, chickpeas, avocado, rice, and more pico de gallo
    Dessert: Oatmeal raison walnut cookie topped with a spoonful of molasses

Would you ever give me a raisin cookie and tell me that it's chocolate chip?

No, I would give you a cookie raisin and tell you it's a raisin cookie. Mwahaha!

Pure evil
    Do you mount the toilet paper roll over or under?

I use the old lettuce in my fridge, and I place it on top of my pile of Gardening magazines.

Yet pure genius

Why thank you:D
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    Do you compost?

Do you compost?

So are the chickens just like house pets or do you sell the eggs? Do they roam free? Do they have names?

My family eats the eggs, and sometimes we give them away. Chickens don't really have a choice for laying eggs, and we don't have a rooster, and as weird as it is for me to imagine eating eggs, I don't feel bad giving them away. The chickens do have names, although I only know a couple of them because they all look the same. They also roam free in the perimeter of our yard, which is biggish, and they tend to get out somehow, but we don't chase them back. They go over to our neighbors house and eat the bird seed and cat food left outside. Well...at least the three that always get out (one of them with a healed broken leg that gives it a strange hobble).
  • beagletracks
    Options
    Oh, I thought chickens laid eggs to produce offspring, not to feed humans. No rooster=no moral quandary. Cool! Thanks for the info! :)
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    Do you compost?

Do you compost?

So are the chickens just like house pets or do you sell the eggs? Do they roam free? Do they have names?

My family eats the eggs, and sometimes we give them away. Chickens don't really have a choice for laying eggs, and we don't have a rooster, and as weird as it is for me to imagine eating eggs, I don't feel bad giving them away. The chickens do have names, although I only know a couple of them because they all look the same. They also roam free in the perimeter of our yard, which is biggish, and they tend to get out somehow, but we don't chase them back. They go over to our neighbors house and eat the bird seed and cat food left outside. Well...at least the three that always get out (one of them with a healed broken leg that gives it a strange hobble).

Awesome! What is the hobbly one's name and how is she? Like cool or kinda smug?

She follows me everywhere. She even got in my car with me once. Her name is Lucky, although I would have preferred something more suitable...like Gimpy. Or Little Clucker.
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    Oh, I thought chickens laid eggs to produce offspring, not to feed humans. No rooster=no moral quandary. Cool! Thanks for the info! :)

They don't produce eggs to feed humans, but they have been genetically chosen over time to lay more eggs than what they naturally would. What normal chicken would lay an egg a day? That would be 365 chicks. That's definitely not natural.