Ask a vegan

Options

Replies

• UltraVegRunnerBabe
    UltraVegRunnerBabe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    How do you make sure you're getting enough protein daily? I'm considering going vegetarian then to vegan but this is where I hesitate.

I don't really worry about protein. I haven't died from a protein deficiency yet...I think. Plus, I'm not trying to build muscles or bulk up. I get most of my protein from oatmeal, I guess. Or beans.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Where do you get DHA and selenium? Do you track micronutrients with a tracker?

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    Tofu is actually magic.
    Only in Pad Thai and Miso soup for me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    My question is this: Why vegan (or vegetarian)?

I do not understand why people choose to be vegetarian or vegan.

I can share my reason; the knowledge of an animal suffering and being slaughtered and my participation or contribution by way of eating the animal or using the skin for a belt or shoes deeply, deeply hurts both emotionally and consciously. I would rather die than eat another creatures body. I also feel strongly that I should never push this point of view on others, but I'm always willing to share my philosophy of compassion for life.
    Science is now able to grow actual tissue. They've taken animal biopsies and grown "steak" in a lab, cooked it and it tastes like a steak.
    So now that an animal doesn't suffer death from this, the meat can be grown hormone and antibiotic free, would this be an option for you?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    Where do you get DHA and selenium? Do you track micronutrients with a tracker?

Brazil nuts, spinach, and more nuts. I just eat the rainbow, my bro. Better than skittles.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    If I become Vegan, am I still technically a man?

Are you kidding me! If you are a vegan, girls (and guys, whatever you like) will flock to you. They will be like, "awww he loves animals! He cares about the planet! I bet he cooks better than [insert famous chef here]!" Oh, dude, you have no idea how manly vegan guys are. Again, vegans are a minority, so the percentage of fit, super sexy men is probably much higher than the average bacon-cheese-burger guys;) oh, and apparently vegan guys last longer in bed...but I wouldn't know... *sheds a single virgin tear*

I'm sold... you ma lady can sell ice to an Eskimo.
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    Do vegans have cheat days? Like can I go all out and eat a bacon cheeseburger with a side of chili cheese fries and wash it down with a milkshake? Also add in some cupcakes for desert. Is there like coins that you get for being a vegan for a period of time, you know, like AA
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    Do vegans have cheat days? Like can I go all out and eat a bacon cheeseburger with a side of chili cheese fries and wash it down with a milkshake? Also add in some cupcakes for desert. Is there like coins that you get for being a vegan for a period of time, you know, like AA

Ethical vegans do not have cheat days. You can pretty much veganize anything these days, so if you wanted to eat junk food, go make or buy vegan chili cheese fries and a vegan milkshake. To be honest, they taste better and make you feel better than non-vegan junk food. I remember always feeling gross after eating a bacon cheese burger, but a vegan burger (even the greasiest one) makes me feel less crappy.
    There aren't any coins, but your body and the animals will thank you. Unfortunately, I bet the soy beans you just murdered have families that will send out little assasins to hunt you down. You might want to change your name and move to L.A. To hide among the other vegans.
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    Do I automatically become a crossfitter if I go vegan?
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    If plants could express their feelings would eat them OP? (Serious hypothetical question)
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    Do Vegans not like animals that eat other animals? So are lions bad or evil?
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Remember that extreme or outrageous things done by PETA trying to prevent suffering, unethical treatment, exploitation, etc. of animals, are done out of empathy and compassion.

No, it's not. They are the biggest hypocrites. And I hate them.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

no; that's paleo

I know, it's difficult to keep it all straight
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I too have decided to become Vegan.

.... up until lunchtime
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

no; that's paleo

Just for clarification.... You're a Vegan?
  • Motorsheen
    Options

no; that's paleo

Just for clarification.... You're a Vegan?

yes, for the next 90 minutes
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options

I thought crossfitters were paleo?
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options

no; that's paleo

Oh see! I just read this after replying to his question and said the same thing...*gasp* vegan telepathy power!!
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    If plants could express their feelings would eat them OP? (Serious hypothetical question)

Plants do express there feelings! I watched a documentary about it. Well, sort of a documentary. Actually, I can't remember what it was, but I remember learning about plants and that they can communicate and express themselves...but they aren't like animals. So...I still eat them knowing this...but it sure does open my eyes!