I can't wait.....

Options
MsLexii
MsLexii Posts: 105 Member
I can't wait for the day when Valentine's Day actually means showing someone you appreciate them, or even that you appreciate what they did for you...
#HallmarkHolidays
... just had to get that off my chest.

Replies

• WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I mean.....we could just go to the pagan days of men sacrificing goats and women lining up naked to have the fertility beaten into them with the goats hide. So romantic
  • MsLexii
    Options
    That sounds a bit creepy I'd settle for even a "thank you" lol.. screw the goat beating rituals
  • FFeric
    FFeric Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I mean.....we could just go to the pagan days of men sacrificing goats and women lining up naked to have the fertility beaten into them with the goats hide. So romantic

You mean you didn't spend today doing just that?
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    MsLexii wrote: »
    I can't wait for the day when Valentine's Day actually means showing someone you appreciate them, or even that you appreciate what they did for you...
    #HallmarkHolidays

I don't really think we need a holiday for that anyways. I mean most people in healthy relationships hopefully show that everyday, not once a year.

#totallyrelatable
  • LaBlanquita7
    LaBlanquita7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    FFeric wrote: »

You spend all g****** day waiting in line for your fertility beating and just when it's your turn, they're out of hides. All the goats are skinned now, they said. Typical
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

My landlord has a strict no goat policy
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

I'd move; I damn sure would.
  • FFeric
    FFeric Posts: 100 Member
    Options

You must not live in Montana, I take it!
  • MsLexii
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    #HallmarkHolidays

I don't really think we need a holiday for that anyways. I mean most people in healthy relationships hopefully show that everyday,

I agree, 100% - I guess that's where I failed myself. I shouldn't expect to be appreciated one day of the year when it doesn't regularly occur as is. Good point.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    wait.

valentine's day was today?
  • LaBlanquita7
    LaBlanquita7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    wait.

valentine's day was today?

in theory
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    #HallmarkHolidays

In my world it has been about love and appreciation not just buying stuff.
    Why don't you celebrate how you want on Valentine's Day?
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options

That's what we do in Iceland.. totally how we make sacrifices to our gods and goddesses.. by beating the ladies with goat hides the men killed with their bare hands.. So romantic
  • _BrewingAZ_
    _BrewingAZ_ Posts: 252 Member
    Options

Good lord that's a lot of work. I'd just send a text, "heyyy u wnt 2 netflix n chill?"
  • ccems1634
    ccems1634 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My husband and I don't even celebrate Valentine's day. We show each other appreciation, love and buy stuff throughout the year. We have an agreement that if we only do this once a year because the calendar told us too then we would need to work on our marriage.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Got my opium perfume and lotion so I'm happy
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    #HallmarkHolidays

Why do you have to wait for a designated day to do that?
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    I cant wait for Pigs to fly.... Which do you think will happen first?
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Everytime I see this thread:

tumblr_m7cs6fxFDq1qioot0o1_500.gif