Halo Top...how the heck do they do it???

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    never tried it but cant see paying almost $4 for a pint of ice cream(im cheap lol)

Be grateful you can get it for so cheap! It's $12 for a tub here in Aus, which is why i haven't tried it yet. It would want to be super awesomely delicious for that price...

Living where the food has to be shipped in sucks. Australia gets screwed over a lot with pricing.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    never tried it but cant see paying almost $4 for a pint of ice cream(im cheap lol)

Be grateful you can get it for so cheap! It's $12 for a tub here in Aus, which is why i haven't tried it yet. It would want to be super awesomely delicious for that price...

Living where the food has to be shipped in sucks. Australia gets screwed over a lot with pricing.

Yep. Food is THE largest expense/bill in our household.
  • Kcash1996
    Kcash1996 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of halo top until this discussion, I have tried arctic zero and didn't care for it at all, but it is pretty nutritious considering the sugar and protein content. What kind of nutrition content does halo top have?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    The oatmeal cookie is my favorite!!!

SAME!
  • Wadeeee
    Wadeeee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    jeanne460 wrote: »
    There's a birthday cake flavor that literally tastes like birthday cake. I let it soften for a few minutes before I eat it.

This is the flavor I've been searching for, week after week, but it's always sold out. I'm almost to the point that I would jump someone in the parking lot for the last pint. ;)
  • Wadeeee
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Would try but it's not sold in my part of Canada and the price is likely comparable to B&J's.

I hate every single Halo Top thread and I hate everyone who starts them

Grrrr.

:(

I said it, and I'mma say it again... HALO TOP!!!!!! ;)
  • Wadeeee
    Options
    I have never heard of halo top until this discussion, I have tried arctic zero and didn't care for it at all, but it is pretty nutritious considering the sugar and protein content. What kind of nutrition content does halo top have?

apjy81.jpg
  • abovethecity
    abovethecity Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love every flavor I've tried, but I just can't afford it most of the time :(
  • dabry05
    dabry05 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    jeanne460 wrote: »
    There's a birthday cake flavor that literally tastes like birthday cake. I let it soften for a few minutes before I eat it.

I just don't see how so many like that flavor. I threw mine out. :/

There's people that agree with you, my roomie's ex gave him a pint because she didn't like it and it sat in the freezer for like 6 months before I said ...are you going to eat that? Not great, tasted like a frozen protein shake to me personally.

I've heard great things about red velvet, peanut butter cup, and oatmeal cookie. I never see those in stock ever, so that must be true. I will probably give one of those a try for science.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I like Halo Top, but sign me up with the Birthday Cake loathing club. Can't stand that flavor profile in general.

If I'm not looking to fill my protein macros, I'm also happy with some Edy's slow churned. It's usually easy for me to fit a decent sized serving of that into my day.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I haven been able to get it on the Island here. I went to Safeway a month ago and requested it. It finally came in. Yay me!!!

Birthday Cake - don't like
    Peanut butter- likey
    Chocolate- like
    Vanilla- like
    Salted caramel- in the freezers waiting for me to try it.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My store only has chocolate and vanilla. If they ever get in peanut butter cup, then i will definitely fork out the cash and give it a try.
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Got the Birthday Cake flavor for the first time (usually I get chocolate or vanilla). Tastes mostly like frosting to me. Interesting, but probably not something I'd get again. But it does go well sandwiched in a graham cracker or a couple of gingersnaps.

Got the oatmeal once, and while I liked the flavor the texture of the oats threw me a little bit. And the mint chip didn't really work for me.

I guess I'm lucky; a pint of Halo Top is only about 50 cents more than a pint of B&J.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    It took me weeks to finally find the peanut butter cup that everyone seems to love. I found the flavor meh. I added chocolate syrup and walnuts to enhance the flavor. Probably won't buy this flavor again.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I agree about letting it warm up (melt a while) so that it is creamier.
    I like the chocolate.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Lizarking wrote: »
    It's ice and artifical sweetener and hobo sweat, I think.

:D delicious hobo sweat.