CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    yeah shes definatly something.... LOL

Seriously - this is sitcom material.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I don't like attention drawn to myself, so I just say, no thank you & it doesn't bother me. I don't even talk about my weight loss but my best friend really annoys me, because every time I see her, she spends alot of time giving me advice & says "they say this is good to do" or "when I went to WW, they said to do this" I just say, oh, but after a while it irritates me so much, i tell her, who are they? & what I'm doing is working for me. I change the subject
  • hawkmancody
    hawkmancody Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Jealousy does make people do some crazy things..
    Although one theory is... you know how people eat some cake and instantly think that piece of cake is going to make them gain 5 pounds? lol maybe she thinks thats how butter works and its making her grumpy and jealous cause its not working.

Or maybe she actually thinks lots of butter is good for weight loss. I had a lady tell me 4 months ago that I should eat a stick of butter a day to loose weight because butter is a "good fat" and would aid in weight loss. She was serious too. I don't know where she read that but she honestly believed that a stick of butter a day would make you loose weight. :smiley:
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    hah just got home and now im laughing. Im glad my aunt amuses you guys, She drives me crazy every sunday xD
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I think it isn't good to assume people's intentions. Unless they have said something directly negative like "this diet is stupid" or "you're never going to lose weight" then I think it's best to give them the benefit of the doubt. They might just offer you things because they don't want you to be left out. Or they don't want to be in the akeward position of telling you *not to eat something (you teach for a treat because you've carefully planned for it and they trying to be supportive remind you "that has a lot of sugar"). As a bystander you can be kind of screwed either way... I've learned that ultimately it is up to you. Of course a spouse/SO has to take some special consideration because you share living space, but even then it's up to you.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are real saboteurs out there, but I haven't encountered any. The people in my life who try to push food at me are doing something entirely separate from sabotage. I should know, because I'm that person, too! I want the people I love to eat good food and be happy, and I think they deserve treats!

I don't get my feelings hurt when they say "no thanks" for whatever reason, and I don't think I have hurt anyone's feelings when I say "no thanks".
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Pudding <3
    I eat a pudding cup every single day.. lol
    It's my soulmate.

It was sponge pudding rather than custardy pudding. But anything which bears the name "chocolate pudding" is deserving of praise in my book.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options
    I love all pudding... cept blood pudding.
    Bread pudding is my favorite in sponge type form, i mash banana into it sometimes too and make banana bread pudding

Blood pudding? As in black pudding? Mmmmmmmmm! I can't eat as much as I once could. Me and suet have a tragic, bittersweet relationship, similar to Heathcliff and Cathy. But every now and then, with a bit of bacon - awww yeah.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options
    I had to google black pudding since ive not heard it called that.. but yes lol
    Mind you i have never actually TRIED it.. so my dislike is simply observational at this point..
    The ingredients are kind of why i am just assuming i don't.. lol

It's just offal. I know some people don't eat offal at all, under any circumstances, but if you're not one of those, if you would eat chicken livers, for example, why not black pudding? I mean, even a pork chop - it's all bits of dead animal at the end of the day, isn't it?

You need a good one, a poorly spiced, underseasoned, dry black pudding is like eating earth. But when it's good, it's great. Stornoway black pudding is the ultimate.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options
    Well.. my thing about livers vrs pork chops is... one wasn't filtering things out of the animals body for a while lol
    But no, not a liver eater, in fact when it used to be on the menu at the nursing home i worked at, i kept the lid on the pan, the smell alone was absolutely atrocious

I don't actually like liver myself, to be honest. I used it as an example because so many people will eat eg chicken liver pate but then get all blerk about other offal dishes without trying them, which puzzles me.

The only context I eat liver in is haggis, which tastes of onion and oatmeal and spices, you can't really taste the offal (I know because I've made it with mushrooms subbed for the offal and it tasted exactly the same, my vegetarian brother was convinced I was pulling his leg).