Green tea capsules

Options

Replies

• marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I read something about green tea capsules not too long ago and they can be dangerous.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Why not just drink the tea? Much nicer and presumably with the same benefits as capsules. Neither will make you lose weight on their own, though I have found that green tea suppresses my appetite slightly.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    kaz261280 wrote: »
    Cathipa, exactly so google says it's a scam doesn't mean it is either lol

No but there are plenty of medical journals that do. Sounds like you have made your decision on what to believe. Best of luck!
  • kaz261280
    kaz261280 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth I don't drink green tea cause it tastes horrible, the Capsules I take contain the equivalent of 6 cups so I am getting all the benefits in need in one gulp, I won't be stopping them as I love the energy, the healthy and fast growing nails and hair, the change in my skin, the sound sleep I get, amazing!
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth I don't drink green tea cause it tastes horrible, the Capsules I take contain the equivalent of 6 cups so I am getting all the benefits in need in one gulp, I won't be stopping them as I love the energy, the healthy and fast growing nails and hair, the change in my skin, the sound sleep I get, amazing!

Fair enough! :smile:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I hate green tea too, tastes terrible!
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    this is so 2005 :D along with ACV pills. if you want to drink tea drink tea.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I like green tea and drink pots of it daily (I don't like water that much and I need to stay really hydrated for, um, intestinal reasons). I've been doing this for years, through sickness and health, and really haven't seen any difference one way or the other. <shrug>
  • kaz261280
    Options
    That's cause none of u have tried the strongest tegreen capsules u can get
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    I did and this is what my google found http://weightology.net/antioxidants-2/57.html/

2010 so not exactly new technology

Not exactly scientific technology either. ;)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    That's cause none of u have tried the strongest tegreen capsules u can get

how do you know what people have or have not tried? you cant say people havent tried those things. many people have tried those products and found out it was just a bunch of crap. some sites post reviews but those people were paid to say positive things, some sites take down all negative reviews(MLM sites are notorious for this).
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Here are the things I've tried, and I'm embarassed to admit this..

CLA
    Green tea capsules
    Raspberry ketones
    Plexus
    Green coffee bean extract
    Garcinia cambogia
    Skinny Fibre

Not one of them made a single dot of difference to my weight, but no doubt did some damage to my liver because who the F knows what exactly was in these products.... I made these scam companies richer, while making myself poorer.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Here are the things I've tried, and I'm embarassed to admit this..

CLA
    Green tea capsules
    Raspberry ketones
    Plexus
    Green coffee bean extract
    Garcinia cambogia
    Skinny Fibre

Not one of them made a single dot of difference to my weight, but no doubt did some damage to my liver because who the F knows what exactly was in these products.... I made these scam companies richer, while making myself poorer.

If it's any comfort, I used to eat those (unfortunately named) ayds things. I had to stop buying them because periodically I'd go off the deep end and eat a whole box.

eta: I never lost weight with them either, but what's not to love about a diet that lets you eat candy before every meal :o
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    I admit I haven't tried any weight loss supplements - but this criteria that one doesn't know anything because one hasn't tried it seems silly to me.

I haven't tried jumping off a 10 story building either - but have already decided it's not a good idea.

And I wouldn't have a medical condition and accept a doctor telling me We have no evidence that x medication works but try it anyway.
    You know, evidence based practice. ;)
  • kaz261280
    Options
    Christine which make of green tea?

Also not once have I said I think they will help weight loss, I'm not that stupid and have never taken weight loss pills.

And lemon yes I have addressed all the factors u said aswell, my green tea Capsules and other supplements I take are purely just for health reasons as an addition to my healthy diet, are u trying to tell me for example that marine omega Capsules aren't good for u?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

Also not once have I said I think they will help weight loss, I'm not that stupid and have never taken weight loss pills.

And lemon yes I have addressed all the factors u said aswell, my green tea Capsules and other supplements I take are purely just for health reasons as an addition to my healthy diet, are u trying to tell me for example that marine omega Capsules aren't good for u?

Can you discuss your current plan: calories, macros, timing, and your workout plan? I ask because it would provide a good discussion point. I just haven't met many people who have actually majored in the minors.

Also, what made you go with this supplement over other ones, especially considering vitamin D deficiency is one of the most prevalent? Do you take a multivitamin, fish oil, or a protein supplement? Have you look at any independent sources that evaluate efficacy, such as: https://labdoor.com/rankings/green-tea . Can you provide some input on your supplement? I can't find what it consisted of. Does it fall within the specific dosages as noted by examine.com?
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    You lost me at "facilitate weight loss..."
  • Christine_72
    Options

The one i tried was from My protein https://au.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/green-tea-extract/10530216.html