I gain weight by eating healthy????????????

Options
I understand that weight is fluid. I do not understand my weight. I skip breakfast and lunch almost everyday, which helps with the weight loss. Two days ago i ate only grilled vegetables at dinner time and nothing else. I weighed 128.7. Yesterday i didn't eat breakfast or lunch but i did eat a bunch of cookies, Doritos, peanut butter, three pieces of pizza, and some cake. For some reason, i only weighed 128.2. Today, i ate a large ceaser salad for lunch and a tiny bit of chinese food for dinner and some wheat thins. For some reason i ended up weighing 129.4????

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    1. You can easily gain weight on healthy food. It's all about calories.
    2. You can't judge the day to day variance and need to look at your weight over longer periods, like 4-6 weeks.

Caesar salad is pretty calorie dense. Chinese probably means soy sauce and lost of sodium so lots of water retention (I go up a lb after eating sushi). Stop focusing on the day to day weight. If you need to weigh weekly to take your focus off of it, do that. Or use a trending app (trendweight.com is one, there are others) to focus on the trend instead of todays number.

*kitten*. This morning was the lowest number I've seen. But I know I will go up a bit again. My trendline on my weight is steadily going down.
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    OP do you see your lifestyle as healthy?
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    When you skip meals your body stores anything it can as fat incase its being starved again.
    Google, why I'm not losing weight when I eat less. There's hundreds of articles
  • kq1981
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I didn't say that at all. Google scholar is used by universities where I look up researched articles because I went through the same thing.
    Patronising me may feel smart to u but it's kinda *kitten*. But thanks for yr input
  • kq1981
    Options
    Yep ok.
    I intermittent fast twice a week. Not everyday.
    I'm wrong. Admit defeat. Thanks everyone
  • Persephonestar9
    Persephonestar9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You will not be healthy eating only one meal a day.
    If you eat 3 meals a day and healthy snacks in between you can still lose weight.
    Lots of vegetables,lean meats and fish, and "good" fats found in nuts,avacado and olive oils.
    Limit carbs especially sugar and try not to eat processed foods.
    Also drinking 2ltrs of water each day will help with weight loss.
    Also try to remember that "low fat" foods usually have a heap of sugar and other additives making them worse than the full fat varieties.
    Hope this helps. :)