Weight Loss Challenge!! Fit by Summer! January-June

Options
1235»

Replies

• JacquiMarie70
    JacquiMarie70 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Is it too late to join this challenge? I'm not new to MFP but I've been a lurker till now. I've been yo-yoing all of my life, and right now, at 182lbs and 5'4", I'm at my heaviest. I'm having some health problems related to my weight, and so I'm looking to end the war once and for all. I'm looking to lose down to 140, and had already set June as my personal goal. So far, I've dedicated myself to moving every day (I'm a writer, so it's easy to spend the entire day on my butt), and I've been trying to stick to a calorie goal of 1200, which is proving difficult. I have an emotional drive to eat, which I'm working on, but damn, it's hard. Becoming aware of this attachment, however, has been eye opening. I'm also doing visualization/meditation exercises by Jon Gabriel and others that I've been finding very helpful.

Hi there! It's never too late to join. This challenge is at your pace on how you want to achieve your own personal goal by summer! A lot of us are keeping in contact through our profiles for updates!
  • JacquiMarie70
    JacquiMarie70 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    mskanakana wrote: »
    It's February but I've been working on this since January so I would like to join too please! I have a vacation in June so I have to be in a swim suit! 41 years old and goal weight is 151 (I don't like round numbers and don't want to dwell on that 1 pound to get there!!) current weight is 177. I may not get all the way to my goal by June but would like to get a whole lot closer than where I am now!

Awesome!! I won't be all the way by June. I didn't realize that June is really only 4 months away! I have 65 more pounds to lose. I think that may be too big of a goal to have by then. Maybe I can lose all by August/end of summer. I'm really hoping for 40 pounds gone though by June!! I re-evaluated my goal to make it a little more reachable lol.