WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY BODY!

Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,026 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    If 1900-2000 is your intake, for 320 pounds, then you should be able to lose weight over time. "Over time" is the key though. You won't lose weight each day, or even each week. SOmetimes water weight masks what is going on.

Give it 4-6 weeks. Eat 1900-2000, log EVERYTHING as accurately as possible. And check your weight weekly. On March 17, compare your weight then to now. It should be lower.
    Hi you guys,

I eat only 1900 to 2000 cals a day. Yesterday I did not have a chance to do my full workout and I am believing that is the reason for not dropping numbers or pooping as I should. I also snack a lot during the day.

I will continue doing this, but this is becoming discouraging

How long have you been diligently logging your calories and staying at or under your calorie limit?

(Make sure you've got lots of fruit and veg in your diet, and that you're drinking a couple litres of water each day)
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    If you can't lose weight at 320lbs then you are doing something very very wrong.

How many calories a day do you eat?

OP just needs to poop!

I am constipated and can't!

Drink a bunch of water, eat some dried fruit, drink some prune juice, eat some vegetables, go for a walk... that should help get things moving.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself so often. Everything in you has weight and almost all of the changes you see within the week are not fat gain/loss. A 16 oz bottle of water is a little over a pound. Your weight can also be influenced by your cycle. The difference between one day and the next is absolutely meaningless.

Frequent weighing is better for your intake. Measure/weigh everything. Nutrition labels may say 2 of something is a serving size but unless the two you pick weigh exactly as much as they should, your calories will be incorrect. Same with peanut butter, salad dressings, and any non-liquid you measure in a measuring spoon or cup, grams are king. If you cook with any kind of oil, you have to record that too.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,188 Member
    Options
    If you can't lose weight at 320lbs then you are doing something very very wrong.

OP just needs to poop!

Drink a bunch of water, eat some dried fruit, drink some prune juice, eat some vegetables, go for a walk... that should help get things moving.

Are you eating enough fat? While fiber and water can help, if there is not enough fat in a person's diet it will result in constipation as well.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    If 1900-2000 is your intake, for 320 pounds, then you should be able to lose weight over time. "Over time" is the key though. You won't lose weight each day, or even each week. SOmetimes water weight masks what is going on.

Give it 4-6 weeks. Eat 1900-2000, log EVERYTHING as accurately as possible. And check your weight weekly. On March 17, compare your weight then to now. It should be lower.
    Hi you guys,

I eat only 1900 to 2000 cals a day. Yesterday I did not have a chance to do my full workout and I am believing that is the reason for not dropping numbers or pooping as I should. I also snack a lot during the day.

I will continue doing this, but this is becoming discouraging

Don't be discouraged! You can do it. Promise. It takes time and practice, but I promise it's doable.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    In the morning before eating or drinking anything, make a strong cup of coffee and add 1TBS of coconut oil, chug it down.

Magnesium- Oxide or citrate work best. Take 2-3 tablets before bed on an empty stomach.

Lots of water.

25g Psyillium husk powder daily helps keep me regular. But i'm not keen to recommend this to you just yet, as a large dose of fibre too soon can sometimes make constipation worse.

I try to ensure i go every day, i feel terrible when i miss 1 single day, let a lone multiple days in a row. Get your bowels in order, and then worry about the scale weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

OP just needs to poop!

I know... so sort that out first, then come back to the weight loss...
  • DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    Options

OP just needs to poop!

If you don't poop by tomorrow it might be a good idea to get some laxatives or see your GP. Even a trip to the local pharmacist might be good as they can refer you to something that will hopefully ease the constipation.

For me all I have to do is eat dairy and hope people avoid the bathrooms I occupy for the next few hours.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,026 Member
    Options
    For me all I have to do is eat dairy and hope people avoid the bathrooms I occupy for the next few hours.

Yep!

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    In the morning before eating or drinking anything, make a strong cup of coffee and add 1TBS of coconut oil, chug it down.

Magnesium- Oxide or citrate work best. Take 2-3 tablets before bed on an empty stomach.

Lots of water.

25g Psyillium husk powder daily helps keep me regular. But i'm not keen to recommend this to you just yet, as a large dose of fibre too soon can sometimes make constipation worse.

I try to ensure i go every day, i feel terrible when i miss 1 single day, let a lone multiple days in a row. Get your bowels in order, and then worry about the scale weight.

Yes, be a bit careful with Psyllium, it's great but it can work both ways. I used to be prescribed it for the opposite problem and it worked for that too - that effect would not be what OP is looking for! Not sure what makes the difference, but I would have a word with a pharmacist before trying it in a case like this.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi you all,
    I finally pooped yesterday by doing the saltwater flush. I went from 320 to 317. Then I went back on the scale shortly after seeing the 317 and my weight went back up to 320. Not sure what is going on! I had a cheat meal yesterday and after pooping this morning I am at 321. I thought maybe I will see 318 or 319. Not sure what is going on with my body.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong, stop standing on the scale, you are wasting more time getting on and off it, its not a stepper.
    Just log your food, track your calories and be patient.

It just seems weird to jump back to 320 after reading 317 a few seconds ago

• kal900
    kal900 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    not to mention, of course, put your scales on a stable floor. Many a time ive lost a weight.. jumped back on the confirm and added 3lbs in 10 mins.. not poss. Ive now found a noncarpet stable spot and get reasonably accurate readings each time. saves alot of heartache
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong, stop standing on the scale, you are wasting more time getting on and off it, its not a stepper.
    Just log your food, track your calories and be patient.

It just seems weird to jump back to 320 after reading 317 a few seconds ago

All scales are inaccurate to a degree, which is why the number you see on any given day (or at any given moment in your case) doesn't matter all that much. The fact that it's normal for our weight to fluctuate from one day to the next also plays into this. What does matter is how those numbers on the scale move over time.

Comparing one weigh in to the next is a pretty useless exercise. It's much more informative to compare the trend of your weigh-ins from one month to the next.