SAHM ORANGE TEAM

Options
Okay Ladies since we have our teams we will start with our "Weigh in Wednesdays"

Our post will read:
Starting MFP Weight
Starting SAHMU Weight
Week 1 Weight
Goal Weight

* If you have already lost weight on your journey here at MFP you are welcome to post it here.

Week 1
Exercise Challenge(7/20-7/27):
Cardio: Get out those strollers Ladies!! (if your kids are to big for a stroller, have them come along if they can keep up).
Walk 2.5- 3.0mph 4 times this week for 45 min. ( I notice alot of you are doing workout videos and if you would rather do those that is okay, just make sure it is 4 times this week to count your point)
Strength: 25 Squats a day 5 days this week

Food Challenge(7/20-7/27):
Kitchens closes at 9:30pm!

Emotional Challenge(7/20-7/27):
Post 1 reason you believe you have carried this extra weight around. (try to limit it to just one reason, something that you may need to just get out, it helps to release our emotional baggage along with our weight)

*Each Team member will receive one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
*A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.

Post your victories daily and please remember to add up your points for next wednesday.

Replies

• tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    WELCOME ORANGE TEAM!!!!
    I am your captain, coach, enforcer, supporter, or whatever you need.
    lets use this spot to introduce ourselves and get to know each other.
    WE WILL BE THE WINNING TEAM!!
    lets get started!
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options
    I never got a response on the original thread, but I'd like to be part of team orange if ya'll don't mind that I am not a SAHM, but a working single mom.
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hello Orange Team!
    I am so excited that I found a group of SAHMs that are working to get healthy together! This group is so exciting! Are we doing before pictures and posting them here too? Also, the squats and walking challenge, are they worth one point at the end of the week, or two, since there are two different things to do? I will post all of my stats tomorrow morning after I weigh in.

-Tasha
  • tigertown11
    Options
    I never got a response on the original thread, but I'd like to be part of team orange if ya'll don't mind that I am not a SAHM, but a working single mom.

welcome to the Orange team. We don't mind at all!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hello Orange Team!
    I am so excited that I found a group of SAHMs that are working to get healthy together! This group is so exciting! Are we doing before pictures and posting them here too? Also, the squats and walking challenge, are they worth one point at the end of the week, or two, since there are two different things to do? I will post all of my stats tomorrow morning after I weigh in.

-Tasha
    You will receive a point for the cardio and then a point for the strength.
    Good luck Orange Team!
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options

Thanks! Are we to post our emotional challenge here or what? :-) I'll go ahead a weigh in tomorrow, but I've only started MFP on Sunday...lol not sure if there will be a change or not!
  • NewLife_11
    Options

Thanks! Are we to post our emotional challenge here or what? :-) I'll go ahead a weigh in tomorrow, but I've only started MFP on Sunday...lol not sure if there will be a change or not!

Yes all your challenges will be posted here and your team captain will let me know the points by tuesday night. Be sure to come to the other team threads and give support too.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    A good morning bump for Team Yellow
  • CrayonsNCoupons
    Options
    What is SAHMU? Are we suppose to post our weight today?
  • NewLife_11
    Options

Stay At Home Moms Unite and yes you need to weigh in today follow yur Captains form for weighing in, if they haven't weighed in yet you can look at the original thread to see how to post.
  • CrayonsNCoupons
    Options

Stay At Home Moms Unite and yes you need to weigh in today follow yur Captains form for weighing in, if they haven't weighed in yet you can look at the original thread to see how to post.

I realized what it meant right after I posted it. Thanks!
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Good morning Orange Team and Happy Weigh in Day!!! Here are my stats for this week!

Starting MFP Weight – 286.5 lbs
    Starting SAHMU Weight – 283 lbs
    Week 1 Weight – 283 lbs
    Goal Weight – 155 lbs

So excited to be a part of the challenge. My son and I are pulling out the stroller and walking to the park and back at a brisk pace. That will put us at about 3 miles at a good pace for the day. This will be so fun for both of us!
  • CrayonsNCoupons
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Here are my stats:

Starting MFP weight: 202
    Starting SAHMU Weight: 182.6
    Week 1 Weight: 182.6
    Goal Weight: 130

I am so excited to be a part of this group. I needed the extra motivation. Good luck everyone!
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Emotional Challenge: I think that one of the reasons that I have struggled with being overweight is because of negative body image and low self-esteem. I have always struggled with my weight, I was an overweight teenager and that made life hard. When I was 18 my Mom and I finally got it together and started to lose weight together. I lost 47 lbs and felt great about myself and the way I looked, people that I knew for a long time would tell me how great I looked, and I had a ton of energy, but it didn’t seem to be enough for some people. My dietitian wanted me to lose more (and additional 25 lbs) to get down to 135 lbs. I have a larger frame and the additional weight she was trying to get me to lose was discouraging. While I was trying to lose that I started to feel like I didn’t actually look good at the weight I was at and I started to feel bad about myself again. Because of my negative body image my weight started to creep back up, and over the last few years I have passed where I was before.

I have a very long weight loss journey ahead of me, but I am starting it with a new idea about weight loss. I do not have to be perfect anymore, and I do not feel like I need to worry about what other people think of me. I am doing this for myself and the way I feel. When I feel really good about the way I look and feel I will stop there and be happy with myself. I am shooting for the 150s and think I will feel and look great there again.
  • RunningOutOfMyMind
    Options
    Good Morning!

Starting MFP Weight 170
    Starting SAHMU Weight 170
    Week 1 Weight 170
    Goal Weight 145

Emotional Challenge - I've carried around extra weight because I'm lazy, plain and simple. It's too easy to sit on my rear and snack late at night because I'm an insomniac.

A little about me - Since I don't really know anyone here at all, and I just joined, I'll introduce myself. If anyone wants to be friends, that's great!
    I'm 34 and married with 6, yes 6, kids. We've been together for 18 years, married for just 9 (today!). The kids and I live in a VERY small town near Jefferson City, MO and my husband stays in St. Louis Monday - Friday and only comes home on the weekends. Its for work, but man it sucks. We have a rescue dog named Bolt....we're in the Black Dog Club, and he's 120lbs of pure density - 1/2 Lab and 1/2 Rottie. Love him to death. We have a gray cat named Skeletor, a black and white dutch rabbit named Max, a ferret named Gloria, and a fawn colored Gerbil named Thor.

I went to school to be an accountant, stayed home with babies instead. I was the City Clerk here for a few years, but decided staying home with the (last) baby was more important and quit. PTO President for 10 yrs was really fun, but it's time for someone else to do the work and I'd rather just sit back and enjoy with the kids.

I started walking in June 2010. Usually at 10pm or later....or my dog would have literally died. It was so hot and muggy. In September 2010, I ran my first mile without stopping - 12 1/2 minutes. WOW. I eventually got my mile (only 1 at a time) time to 8 minutes which I was really proud of. By December 2010 I was running 5 miles, 5 days a week in 45minutes - 1 hr....18degrees really hurt to run in. My first 5K was Thanksgiving day and I missed my goal time of 30 minutes, but managed to finish in 31:17.

I stopped running in later December, it was just so friggin cold. I wussed out and didnt run again until April 2011 when I did the Go! St Louis family fitness 5k in a miserable time of 35 and change. I was disgusted. My May 5K for the St Louis APA was again in the 35 range. I still havent gotten back into a steady running habit, it's just hot and humid here, and my treadmill makes a really weird noise. I started Zumba on Monday nights and really enjoy that. On July 4, I was in Atlanta Georgia for the Peachtree Road Race and I gave myself a hefty 1 1/2 hrs to finish the 10k, with 55,000 other people! I came in at 1:20:17, so I was "satisfied" with my time.

I have Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, and yoga meltdown that I am doing (starting today) with my daughters - they're excited! Insanity to start on August 1st. I'm super pumped (and scared) to start that.

I'm looking forward to my anniversary weekend away with my husband for 3 days, but a little disappointed in myself that I didnt drop at least 10lbs prior. Oh well, live and learn, right?

So! That's about all I can think of at the moment. Looking forward to this challenge and making some new friends!
  • CrayonsNCoupons
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:

The number one reason ive gained my weight is simple, im LAZY!

In high school I was very active and was in good shape. Since then, ive met the love of my life and had 2 babies. I had very poor eating and exercise habits until recently, when I joined MFP. I didnt like the way I looked or felt. I think I've just given up on myself until now. My husband loves me no matter what and is very supportive. Im thankful to have him in my life.

I know that 130 is going to be a challenge but im ready to make the change. I want to be able to go shoping and come home with clothes that look and make me feel good. I want myself back, not only for me but for my husband and kids.
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    There was talk on the Main SAHMU board about before pictures..... How does the Orange Team feel about doing some before pictures today and posting them so we can all see before and after results?
  • RunningOutOfMyMind
    Options
    I would be all for posting pictures, just not sure how to do it.
  • CrayonsNCoupons
    Options
    I dont know how I feel about pictures, yet......i still havent taken before pics of myself before I started MFP.
  • tigertown11
    Options
    happy first day of SAHMU challenge Orange team!
    Here are my stats:

Starting MFP Weight :241
    Starting SAHMU Weight : 231
    Week 1 Weight : to be determined on wed 7/27.. end of week challenge
    Goal Weight : 185

Emotional: I don't want to lose my hubby. This is a heavy baggage. My husband and I have always had a rocky relationship since the birth of our son 6years ago. As many families do, we put our son first. We tend to forget about each other. So when I say that I feel that I am going to lose my hubby, its not because of him, its me. I am scared to lose too much weight, look good, get too much attention from someone else, and want to leave. Is that crazy or what? i have never told anyone that baggage.

did everyone stay out of the kitchen at 9:30 last night? I went in the middle of the night to get some water and that's it! I am a night time eater.

did anyone exercise today yet?