Starting MFP Weight: 286.5
    Starting SAHMU (7/20): 283
    Week 1 Weight (7/27): 280.2
    Week 2 Weight (8/3): 279.2
    Week 3 Weight (8/10): 276.6
    Week 4 Weight (8/17): 276
    Weekly loss: .6
    SAHMU Total Loss: 7

It was slow this week, but I am expecting big movements in the scale this week!!!!!
  • megansmom311
    Options
    Starting MFP weight: 256.5
    Starting SAHM weight: 217
    Week 3 weight: 212
    Week 4 weight: 210
    Total SAHM loss: 7
    Total loss: 46.5
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    SAHMU Challenge Week 5

Cardio:
    Set a week Goal for yourself this week and achieve it! Your goal can't be under 2500 calories burned. We have to push ourselves.(I got this from another challenge on MFP and thought it was great!)

**The Team with the highest Calories burned this week gets an extra point!!

I made another spreadsheet for this challenge, please enter in your calorie burned there daily along with your goal.
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US

Please remember to post on your thread how you burned your calories and how many you burned each day, I think this will give us all some new ideas.

Strength: Possible 6 points per person just for this challenge!!
    Day 1 Challenge - 50 Leg Raises (each side)
    Day 2 Challenge - 40 Squats
    Day 3 Challenge - 50 situps or ab crunches
    Day 4 Challenge - 40 "Up & Downs"
    Day 5 Challenge - 25 Pushups
    Day 6 Challenge - 25 Lunges
    Day 7 Rest!! You deserve it!!
    *You can do these in any order you would like.

Food Challenge: Healthy Kids Meal
    Recipe challenge- for this challenge we will each submit a Kids Meal recipe to our team thread, you will receive 1 point for this, take a vote on your team and then submit the best Kids recipe to our main thread, we will then all vote for the best recipe on the main thread and the team with the most votes will receive 1 extra point for this challenge. (the catch is you cannot vote for your own team). Remember to include the nutritional content in your receipe.

Emotional Challenge:
    What excuses have you made (to yourself or others) in the past for your weight, and how do you stop yourself from falling back into the "I am heavy because...." attitude?

** A special thanks to LoveNevrNds and sisa2324 for your help with the challenge this week.

• LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Hello Orange Team!
    How is everyone doing?! This week I would like to see a lot of conversation on our board. We are here to support each other and I think communicating is key to giving and receiving that support.

Has everyone set a calories burned goal yet? Our minimum was just changed to 2000 calories, we want to really push this week!!!

My personal goal is to burn 2600 calories this week, it is going to be hard, but I think I can do it. I have already burned 420 this morning and plan on doing Yoga tonight to push that burn above 500 for the day.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options
    Hi!

Great challenges this week. I think I'll set my goal at 2500 calories. :-) I'll try to get on more this week. Was just a little nuts and stressful last week trying to get all my classroom stuff together and having all three kiddos, and then my youngest going to live with his dad. Hopefully this week (even though it's the first week of school) will be a little more even keeled. :-)
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    You are all doing fantastic but I dont see all of your calorie goals set yet(only 2 of you), please make your goal and add everyday to it. Thanks a bunch! If you need help just let me know.
    I know your captain is sick but push on ladies, you can do this! LoveNevrNds will be your captain for now and she is awesome. Keep motivated and lets burn this week up!!!!
    Karie
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Hi!

Great challenges this week. I think I'll set my goal at 2500 calories. :-) I'll try to get on more this week. Was just a little nuts and stressful last week trying to get all my classroom stuff together and having all three kiddos, and then my youngest going to live with his dad. Hopefully this week (even though it's the first week of school) will be a little more even keeled. :-)

Louie!
    You are doing so great! I am so excited for your weight loss, it is so exciting!!! Great job! Hopefully this week is a little less stressful, even though it is the first week back to school.
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:
    What excuses have you made (to yourself or others) in the past for your weight, and how do you stop yourself from falling back into the "I am heavy because...." attitude?

I have made so many excuses over the years. When I was a teenager it was “Big bones”, when I was in college it was the “freshman 15” or more. When I got married it was stress, and starting birth control. More recently it was “I just had a baby, I am not supposed to look perfect.” Now it has been over a year since I had that baby and I am still more then over weight.
    Now, things have changed. One day I realized that those were all excuses and totally invalid ones at that. I realized that not being able to keep up with my son was a huge problem and it was affecting both of us. My relationship with my husband was changing and I didn’t want that. Everything combined plus my desire to feel good got me started. What keeps me going is the support that I have found, and the way that I feel now. I finally have some energy and I don’t feel sick because of what I am putting into my body. I think being able to remember how terrible I felt about myself, and remembering how sick I felt because of over eating, I am able to keep myself from going back to that attitude of making excuses for myself.
  • lprunty
    Options
    Hi!

Louie!
    You are doing so great! I am so excited for your weight loss, it is so exciting!!! Great job! Hopefully this week is a little less stressful, even though it is the first week back to school.

Thanks Tasha! It has really helped having the support of you guys...ummm, gals. :-) I hope you all have a great weekend!
  • lprunty
    Options
    Okay, those 40 squats about killed me. :-)
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Okay, those 40 squats about killed me. :-)

totally agree! I am doing mine in a different order, so I did squats yesterday, and OH MY! My legs are sore today! But I have a love hate relationship with being sore, so it is all good! LOL!
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Oh I think it just might have worked! Okay now here's the most current pic I have (I do not like being photographed very much :blushing: )

6044521081_ebdfb81824_m.jpg

you are beautiful!!!

That really makes my day! Thanks!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    I must apologize... I have been MIA the past few days due to personal commitments & a lot of stress (looong story) but I am promising to finish out the week strong in terms of participation!

I am proud of myself though because I have been keeping up with the challenges just not the part about posting them... so here's my week so far:

Calorie goal for the week: 3000 calories (whew, did I just type THAT?)
    So Far I've burned:
    Wed. 8/17 Treadmill warm-up & personal training (wieghts + core), Calories burned = 200
    Thu. 8/18 24 Set (step aerobics with weights) & Yoga Calories burned = 498
    Fri. 8/19 Spin & Pilates, Calories burned = 548

Strength Challenge:
    So far I've done them in order...

Okay, I think that covers it! I hope all of you are doing well; I promise I'll be on tomorrow! The plan is running & Body Pump- now for some sleep... :yawn:

Amy
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    You are all doing fantastic but I dont see all of your calorie goals set yet(only 2 of you), please make your goal and add everyday to it. Thanks a bunch! If you need help just let me know.
    I know your captain is sick but push on ladies, you can do this! LoveNevrNds will be your captain for now and she is awesome. Keep motivated and lets burn this week up!!!!
    Karie

Yep, Orange Team, LET"S DO THIS! We need to be sweating & logging; the week's half over so let's get our game on!

(admittedly, after looking at the numbers, I am getting a bit competitive/ fired up... :wink: )
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    I must apologize... I have been MIA the past few days due to personal commitments & a lot of stress (looong story) but I am promising to finish out the week strong in terms of participation!

I am proud of myself though because I have been keeping up with the challenges just not the part about posting them... so here's my week so far:

Calorie goal for the week: 3000 calories (whew, did I just type THAT?)
    So Far I've burned:
    Wed. 8/17 Treadmill warm-up & personal training (wieghts + core), Calories burned = 200
    Thu. 8/18 24 Set (step aerobics with weights) & Yoga Calories burned = 498
    Fri. 8/19 Spin & Pilates, Calories burned = 548

Strength Challenge:
    So far I've done them in order...

Okay, I think that covers it! I hope all of you are doing well; I promise I'll be on tomorrow! The plan is running & Body Pump- now for some sleep... :yawn:

Amy

Amy!
    Great burning, and way to keep up with the challenge! We can do this Orange Team!!!

Tomorrow my goal is to do 30 minutes or aerobics, a 30 minute family walk and 20 minutes of Yoga!!! Woohoo!!!
  • bennight72
    Options
    Are you still taking new members? I would like to join. :)
  • lprunty
    Options

Amy!
    Great burning, and way to keep up with the challenge! We can do this Orange Team!!!

Tomorrow my goal is to do 30 minutes or aerobics, a 30 minute family walk and 20 minutes of Yoga!!! Woohoo!!!

Tasha, I wish I could do my yoga, but I'm having a flare up of bursitis in my shoulder and yoga is totally out until it clears up. Makes me sad since yoga was my favorite workout. I'm just planning on doing 2 30min sessions of walking today, and maybe some step-ups and crunches, and whatever strength challenge I can manage.
  • lprunty
    Options
    And what are "up and downs" ??
  • amyelizbradley
    Options

I had the same question! Maybe we'll find out together! :wink:
  • amyelizbradley
    Options

I had the same question! Maybe we'll find out together! :wink:

Found the answer!
    The burpee or up down is a full body exercise used in strength training and as aerobic exercise. It is performed in five steps:

1.Begin in a standing position.
    2.Drop into a squat position with your hands on the ground.
    3.Kick your feet back while lowering yourself with a pushup.
    4.Return your feet to the squat position while straightening your arms.
    5.Leap up as high as possible from the squat position with your arms overhead (you may clap your hands above your head at the peak of your jump)