SAHM ORANGE TEAM

Options

Replies

• amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Oh I think it just might have worked! Okay now here's the most current pic I have (I do not like being photographed very much :blushing: )

6044521081_ebdfb81824_m.jpg
  • tigertown11
    Options
    quick post here!

Welcome amy!

i have had a terrible week. started with strep and turned into pneumonia. am recovering, but still very slow and tired and still need to work my part time job so sorry I haven't been there for you.

i will check in with everyone tonight and tomorrow!

great work. hope everyone stayed motivated.
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    quick post here!

Welcome amy!

i have had a terrible week. started with strep and turned into pneumonia. am recovering, but still very slow and tired and still need to work my part time job so sorry I haven't been there for you.

Becky! I hope you feel better soon! I am sorry you have been feeling sick!!! Question for you - Is Orange team submitting a recipe to the main board this week?
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:
    Is there someone in your life that has affected you in a negative way and has contributed to your weight gain? How will this change once you have become more confident and learn to Love yourself.

I can’t say that there is ONE person that has affected me so much to contribute to all of my weight gain. I have had negative influences, yes, but not someone that has contributed so much that I would blame it all on them. When I got married I was already over weight from being away at school and making poor choices, the stress of married life added a few pounds, then I had a baby and more weight was added. When I was breastfeeding people said not to diet because it would affect my baby so there was another 25 pounds. Unfortunately I didn’t have many people telling me not to gain weight, and maybe that is just as bad?
  • tigertown11
    Options
    Becky! I hope you feel better soon! I am sorry you have been feeling sick!!! Question for you - Is Orange team submitting a recipe to the main board this week?
    [/quote]

we need all Orange members to submit their recipe on this thread and then we will vote which one we want to be voted on for the main thread. You pizza sounds yummy!!!
  • tigertown11
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:
    Is there someone in your life that has affected you in a negative way and has contributed to your weight gain? How will this change once you have become more confident and learn to Love yourself.

the very first person I remember commenting on my weight was my stepmother. she was not a pleasant person to be around anyways, but through the years there were so many people that would tell me I was overwieght. I look at those high school pictures and wonder what the hell were they talking about. I was thin! I just had huge boobs!! then my friends and I would call my breasts "a shelf" because when I sat down I literally could put a plate on them as you would a table!
    I honestly don't know how to become more confident in this quest. I have lost 15 lbs and get self conscious when someone comments on my loss and I have a long way to go!!
  • tigertown11
    Options
    Oh I think it just might have worked! Okay now here's the most current pic I have (I do not like being photographed very much :blushing: )

6044521081_ebdfb81824_m.jpg

you are beautiful!!!
  • tigertown11
    Options
    Hello Orange Team!
    I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Weekends seem to get kind of lonely around here. What is everyone doing for their "Try Something New" exercise? I tried Dance Off the Inches on netflix, it was so fun!!!! I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did, but it was so fun! Also, do we have a full team, I haven't seen a new member around yet....

i was going to start the 30 DS. I did manage to get one dance in with my boy last week. I never heard of that one, but will check out Netflix. I love to dance.
    haven't heard from Louie lately
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options

i was going to start the 30 DS. I did manage to get one dance in with my boy last week. I never heard of that one, but will check out Netflix. I love to dance.
    haven't heard from Louie lately

I'm here. Just busy getting everything ready for school to start, and my son leaves tomorrow night. :-)

Welcome Amy!

I did a dance dvd...it's part of the 10 minute workout series. So does that count for dance and something new? :-) I will try to get my emotional challenge up later...so much to do and so little time!

Becky, I hope you are able to get back to full swing soon. Being sick is awful!!

Recipe to follow!
  • lprunty
    Options
    Dessert Recipe!

Fruit Smoothie Ice Cream (my kids like this one!)

2 over-ripe bananas
    1 tbsp applesauce (unsweetened)
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1/8 tsp cinnamon
    1/8 tsp nutmeg

Peel bananas and mash thoroughly in a bowl.
    Add applesauce, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Blend well.
    Cover and place in freezer for several hours.

Tasty and easy! :-)
  • tigertown11
    Options
    I'm gonna vote for the smootie. its sounds easy and yummy for everyone
  • lprunty
    Options
    I vote for the Fruit Pizza. :-)
  • megansmom311
    Options
    Here's my dessert recipe. Grilled pineapple. I found this one on skinnytaste.com. Very, very simple...but super yummy.

Ingredients:
    For the marinade:

2 tbsp dark honey
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 tbsp fresh lime juice
    1 tsp ground cinnamon

1 ripe pineapple, cut into half inch slices

Directions:

In a small bowl, combine the honey, olive oil, lime juice, and cinnamon and whisk to blend. Set aside.

Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill. Lightly coat the grill rack with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the flame.

Lightly brush the pineapple with the marinade. Grill or broil, turning once and basting once or twice with the remaining marinade, until tender and golden, about 3-5 minutes on each side.

Serve warm.
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    My vote is the pineapple! I can't ever turn down pineapple!
  • megansmom311
    Options
    Mmm...that fruit smoothie ice cream sounds delicious! It gets my vote! :love:
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    No movement on the scale this week so far, but with only one day left I am guessing it is not going to move much. I went in to see my Doctor yesterday because I hit my toe on the changing table two weeks ago and it still hurt. During the visit we were talking about my lack of success this week and how I was feeling a little discouraged and like my birth control might be making it harder to lose the weight. My doctor told me that I am actually on a very strong BC, so we decided to change that up and see if it helps. He also tested my thyroid because it had never been tested and he wanted to make sure my metabolism is working to its fullest.

Here is hoping the thyroid is fine, and the BC change makes a difference!!!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I am going to start a New Thread for Week 5 so it is easier to see the challenge, I will do this each week. Everyone come and say hello. We will complete the weigh in and Recipe challenge here for this week.
    Week 5 Link
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/319384-stay-at-home-mommies-unite-60-day-challenge-week-5
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    quick post here!

Welcome amy!

I hope that you feel better soon! If YOU need any support, please feel free to message me; being so sick among all of our other responsibilities is so very hard...

I am excited to be a part of this group and I look forward to the challenges ahead!

Take care,
    Amy
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    WEEK 4 CHALLENGES
    Cardio:
    - normal Routine x 5 days
    - danced by myself
    - tried Zumba
    - was not able to do step ups all 4 days
    Food Challenge: Desert Recipe
    - posted
    Relaxation Challenge:
    - massage
    Emotional Challenge:
    - Truly it is my own "self" that has affected me in a negative way and has contributed to your weight gain; I blame no one else, no other circumstances. My estimation of my own self worth tends towards the low side of things. As my relationship with my "self" changes/ improves (as I become more confident & learn to Love myself), I will be able to realize my true potential and become a better person for it; I will be a better mom, wife, friend, daughter etc.
    Any Week Picture Point:
    - posted a before & after pic

Think that just about covers it! Here's to next week!
  • lprunty
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight-192 lbs
    Starting SAHMU Weight-192lbs
    Week 2 Weight- 187
    Week 3 Weight- 184.6
    Week4 Weight- 182.4
    Goal Weight- 145 lbs

Good morning ladies!! Have a wonderful day!