SAHM ORANGE TEAM

Replies

• LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 321 Member
    You are all a great source of motivation for me. When I read through your profiles I saw total dedication!

Becky: You have decided to take control of your own like, and I think that is a great strength you have. Reading everything you have gone through and are still going through, I just have to say you are amazing for doing what you are doing now, and I don't know that many people would have made the choice to change their life, or have the will power to do it. Congrats!!! Also, I love looking at your meals every so often, it gives me great ideas.

Heather: You are such a motivation to me as well. I can see that you have already lost weight, and that is a total motivation for me. You have two children and it is awesome to see that someone with children close to the same age as me can still lose weight and get fit.

Louie: The fact that you work and have kids and still make time to work out and eat right is amazing to me! Whenever I see you have worked out as hard and as much as you have it is an extra little "see you can do that too" for me. Keep up the amazing job you are doing!!!!

Thanks to you all!!!!!
  • Question - I want to know your opinions on Fast Food. I know the general thought of Fast Food is that is is fattening and high in calories, but what if you think before you order and fit it into your food plan for the day? Is it still "bad"?

I don't think I would eat it every day due to the sodium and fat content, but sometimes you just have to. if I know I am going to town, I usually preplan and even take fruit with me. I suck down the water on the way to town and back so I'm not that hungry when I get there.
    My boy only like Mcdonalds and I use to eat a meal there. Now I get a grilled chicken wrap and bring an apple. They have salads, but they are hard to eat while driving. Sometimes I have a small fries. I notice that my boy is now ordering his kids meal with apples instead of fries. and milk instead of pop. Makes me proud.
    P.S. Burger King really doesn't have a sandwich under 430 calories?/ or something like that. So I stay away from that and DQ.
  • What's everyones thoughts on food prep/cooking? Do you guys log it as cardiovascular exercise or just forget it?

my thought is that you can log it, but I wouldn't count it as your cardio, unless you a breaking a sweat. I consider the challenges as any exercise above and beyond what you would normally do in a day. Now i am not a cleaner, so if I did a major cleaning for the week, I count it because it's not what I normally do.
  • Team challenge:
    This is how what I see from the last two weeks:

Tasha: You are very determined to make this work for you and I admire that! you post all over the place helping others and our team.
    You are not selfish at all!
    Louie: you are a very strong woman to go through the hardships that you have been facing with your son. you are a multi-tasker, I wish you the best of luck on your interview. You deserve something good in your life.
    Heather: you inspire me to know that 20 lbs can be lost. You have done it already and you still joined the group to help others. I enjoy your questions to keep us on our toes.

As a leader; i would like to see each of you checking in with each other thru messages. (if you are that is great!) Just to make sure we are staying on top of the challenges and any other emotions that may arise. As each week goes on sometimes we get a little lazier before it becomes habit.

And lastly: I can't congratulate every more. We all want to lose weight, but there may be long lasting friendships in the end.
  • we have a new team member!! Welcome megansmom311 to the Orange team!!
  • HNee4
    HNee4 Posts: 27
    What's everyones thoughts on food prep/cooking? Do you guys log it as cardiovascular exercise or just forget it?

I only track my actual exercise. If I went out and said, this is what I am doing as my activity for the day, then it is tracked, but I don't add cleaning or walking to the mailbox with my baby, shopping or anything like that. I just consider it normal routine and go from there.s =D

Thanks Louie and yes u made since.

Tasha, you made since also. I do log cleaning but don't use the calories. Makes since that it is normal activity and if I was burning enough calories doing it I wouldn't be where to I am now. :-)

Thanks for your input. :-)
  • LoveNevrNds
    I hope everyone is having a good start to their weekend. I have a question AGAIN LOL! When "Dear Aunt Flow" comes to visit, how to you motivate yourself to workout, and how long/what kind of work out do you do?
  • Thanks, Becky! I haven't had a chance to read over this thread yet. We hosted a sleepover at our house last night and BOY am I tired today, lol. Thanks for the chance to join your team. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • HNee4
    Thanks, Becky! I haven't had a chance to read over this thread yet. We hosted a sleepover at our house last night and BOY am I tired today, lol. Thanks for the chance to join your team. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone! :flowerforyou:

So glad to have u as a part of our team. Congrats on your loss already that's amazing.
  • HNee4
    How is everyone doing with this weeks challenges? Im doing well. Knocked out the strength challenges rely this week. Trying to exercise and remember to log it as well as stretching but sometimes I forget. Hope everyone is having a spectacular weekend. Off to bed for this momma. G'night.
  • LoveNevrNds
    How is everyone doing with this weeks challenges? Im doing well. Knocked out the strength challenges rely this week. Trying to exercise and remember to log it as well as stretching but sometimes I forget. Hope everyone is having a spectacular weekend. Off to bed for this momma. G'night.

The challenges are tough this week. I am on vacation visiting my parents and siblings and it is making working out and eating right very hard, not to mention Aunt Flow came for a visit. Ugh! But, I am determined to get a workout in today and finish up my lunges.
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Evening ladies! How's everyone's weekend going? Mine is going pretty good. We had family pictures done today. That was fun. I barely made it under my calorie count for today, and only then because of working out!. We had a big breakfast for my son Toryn as a late birthday celebration, and then after pictures we went to sonic (where admittedly I went overboard!). Luckily tomorrow is cleaning and laundry day, and maybe I'll take the kids swimming cuz that is on heck of a calorie burn! I will try to get to the emotional challenge tomorrow as well.

I think of the challenges this week, the water challenge has been the hardest, cuz I actually have to think about it. I have to remember how much I've had and how much more I need to have. I couple times I have had to drink 16 oz right before bed to stay on track...then of course I have to get up in the middle of the night to pee. lol :-)
  • LoveNevrNds
    Hey Orange!!!!
    It has been kinda quiet on here lately, only a few posts here and there. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their weekend. Louie, the water challenge isn't as easy as I thought it would be either. Keep it up, the water is great for us!
  • lprunty
    Emotional Challenge:

Tasha and Heather: I have mirror issues too. Actually, I've had them since High School when I wasn't even over weight! I have faith that some day we will be able to look into the mirror with confidence. You guys really help me keep on track. When I am feeling lazy and tired and don't want to workout, I see your posts and comments and it helps me get off my butt. :-)

Julie: Congrats on the weight you've lost so far! It's a great inspiration to me, and makes me not want to give up. I'm glad to have you as a part of our team! Just out of curiosity, what grade did you teach? I am hoping on a Kindergarten position this school year. Keep up the awesome work!

Becky: You are awesome. Thank you so much for your words of encouragment and prayers. You really help keep me motivated and positive.

I've tried this weight loss thing on my own so many times with no results, but luckily now I have a support team that keep me accountable and positive. We are all awesome!!
  • Thanks, Louie! I'm glad to be here! I spent a year teaching first grade, and then I taught Pre-Kindergarten for four years. I loved the little ones! When I go back to teaching, I seriously have my fingers crossed for another Pre-K assignment. Good luck to you getting the assignment you want. Kindergarten is a wonderful grade to teach! :wink:

Becky, do I just need to message you tomorrow with how many points I've racked up this past week?
  • LoveNevrNds
    GOOD MORNING!!!!
    Hope everyone is doing well. Question - How often do you weigh and measure, and do you log it every time?

I measure myself once every three to four weeks. I weigh myself every day but only log it once or twice a week. Personally for me it is easier to stay on track through out the week if I know how I am doing.

Tasha
  • HNee4
    GOOD MORNING!!!!
    Hope everyone is doing well. Question - How often do you weigh and measure, and do you log it every time?

I measure myself once every three to four weeks. I weigh myself every day but only log it once or twice a week. Personally for me it is easier to stay on track through out the week if I know how I am doing.

Tasha

I weigh myself every day and log it twice durning the week. I find it helps me too. I was planning on measuring every 45 weeks but have only managed to measure once and it wasn't until id lost 4 jean sizes. I really wish id measured starting off. :-)
  • lprunty
    GOOD MORNING!!!!

Tasha

I only weigh once a week, and that's because I tend to go up and down quite a bit dependin on water. And I found it discouraging. I've only measured once, but I figure every 4-5 weeks is probably good. Actually in the three weeks we've been doing this challenge I've noticed that when I look down my tummy doesn't stick so far out beyond the "girls" as it used to. I wish I had measured at the beginning, but oh well. :-) I hope you had a great day!
  • HNee4
    Here are my stats and I have 4 out if the 5 points. I think ice hit a wall and its frustrating. I need to figure out how to get over this weight loss wall and I think I will be doing better. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Starting MFP Weight: 202
    Starting SAHMU Weight: 182.6
    Week 3 Weight: 182.6
    Total lost: 20 lbs
  • Becky, I got 4 out of 5 points last week.

Starting MFP weight: 256.5
    Starting SAHM weight: 217
    Week 3 weight: 212
    Total loss: 44.5

Have a great Wednesday, girls! :flowerforyou: