SAHM ORANGE TEAM

Options

Replies

• tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    Going to do push ups and jumping jacks. I have two more days of jumping jacks and 3 days of push ups. Oh boy! :-)

I like to do mine and get it out of the way for the week too! i struggle with the jumping jacks. I think it has been 10 years since I have done one.
  • tigertown11
    Options
    Hello Team Orange!
    As much as I hate jumping jacks and push ups I am very excited for this week. Lets stick together and keep up the great work. We can do this!!!!!

we can!!! let's stick together! message each other. i could use more support
  • tigertown11
    Options
    Emotional : I am not really sure what to say. I am not at a weight that makes me unable to do things with my family. When I do feel like im struggling with anything my husband is my rock.

Im sorry I don't have more.

you are very lucky to have a husband that is supportive. Maybe you could give pointers on how your husband does support you and I could tell my husband. He doesn't say anything either way. just, "I want you to do this if it makes you happy", but I've lost 14 lbs now and he hasn't said a thing.
  • tigertown11
    Options
    Chicken Breast - Chicken Breast - 6 oz. - Boneless and Skinless, 9 oz 277 0 3 59 135 0
    Generic - Onion Raw Chopped 1/2 Cup, 0.5 cup 34 8 0 1 2 1
    Aldi Fit & Active - Chicken Broth, 1 cup 5 0 0 1 570 0
    Generic - Poblano Pepper, 4 pepper 68 16 0 2 5 5
    Aldi - Be Light - Sour Light Cream, 0.5 container (200 mls ea.) 190 5 18 3 40 0
    Azteca - 6" Flour Tortillas, 5 tortilla(s) 375 65 8 10 900 3
    Kraft - Part-Skim Mozzerella Cheese, 1 cup 320 4 20 32 680 0
    Add Ingredient

Total: 1269 98 49 108 2332 9
    Per Serving: 317 25 12 27 583 2

Simmer chicken breasts with onion and chicken broth until meat and onion are tender. Roast peppers over flame or in oven. When blackened, put in plastic bags and let steam for 15 minutes. Remove skin and seeds. Put in blender with sour cream and ½ cup boiling liquid.
    Shred chicken and some of the onion together with some sauce. Put in tortilla and roll up. Put all 6 into baking dish. Cover with rest of blended sauce and top with mozzarella. You could put some cheese in the tortilla as well. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 or until cheese is melted. Enjoy with some salsa or lettuce on the side.
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    HELLO!!!
    I have been bad the last few days about posting, I have gotten on and read some, but haven't posted as much as I did last week.

Soooo, here is what I have done!

I did my cardio yesterday and today - both exercising and jumping jacks. My 13 month old now tries to do jumping jacks too, cutest thing ever!

I did my push ups yesterday but not today.....

AND I got over 7.5 hours of sleep last night!

YAY!!!
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Emotional Challenge Week 2:
    It is hard to deal with being overweight in any situation, but it is more embarrassing within the family, especially around the in-laws. It isn’t embarrassing because they say anything, but when I met my husband I weighed 160lbs and looked great! When we got married I weighed 185lbs and was hoping to lose and get back to the weight I was when we met, now I weigh 280lbs. On my husband’s side only his Dad is overweight, and me! In family pictures I try to hide in the back and when we get together I always feel uncomfortable, like I am being judged, even though there is no proof to that. I hate eating in front of them, and that is pretty much what we do at family get togethers. I feel bad about myself when I am around his family and that is the complete opposite of how I should feel.
    On the other hand, you have my family. My mom and I are both over weight; my Dad fluctuates between the same 20lbs on and off but still looks great regardless! My brothers and sisters (two of each) are all within healthy weights, they got GREAT genes! Again, I try and hide in pictures, but I don’t feel uncomfortable around them. I know my sisters (17 and 13) would love to see me get skinny and healthy again, and my brothers want me to be happy. My Dad is worried about my health and I am actually glad that he talks to me about it. I don’t really know how my mom feels about my weight anymore because we don’t really talk about it much since I had my baby.
    Overall, I deal with family situations differently, but being at this weight is hard!
  • CrayonsNCoupons
    Options
    Emotional : I am not really sure what to say. I am not at a weight that makes me unable to do things with my family. When I do feel like im struggling with anything my husband is my rock.

Im sorry I don't have more.

you are very lucky to have a husband that is supportive. Maybe you could give pointers on how your husband does support you and I could tell my husband. He doesn't say anything either way. just, "I want you to do this if it makes you happy", but I've lost 14 lbs now and he hasn't said

Congrats on the total weight loss. That's amazing. I started loading and right away my husband said he could tell a difference. I know he loves me know matter what but when I look in the mirror I love myself. Before all of you, all I had was my husband and without him cheering me on, I don't think I could have lost anything. My family doesn't live close by and even if they did the last time I saw them they called my husband & I husky. I don't think he id husky at all but that added to my issues. He assured me I was beautiful and not to take shattered they day to heart.

What I think has helped with his supportiveness is he is also trying to lose and he has realized how hard to stay on track really is so that makes him appreciate ny accomplishments more. If you r husband needs to lose some, encourage him to do it with you. Maybe he'd get some enlightenment on how hard it actually is and be more supporting.

Im honestly not trying to gloat but without my support system. I wouldn't be any where. Thanks everyone for pushing ne.
  • HNee4
    HNee4 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hey everyone. Something weird happened to my account and I can't access from my phone so this is my new account. Thanks.
  • tigertown11
    Options
    Hey everyone. Something weird happened to my account and I can't access from my phone so this is my new account. Thanks.

could you tell us who you are so everyone knows for sure?
  • HNee4
    Options

could you tell us who you are so everyone knows for sure?

Sorry I thought I put that in there. Oopps! My old id was crayonsncoupons.
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Food Challenge:

Tater Tot Casserole
    Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Campbell's - Cream of Mushroom Soup, 1 container (1 3/10 cups ea.) 250 23 15 3
    Honeysuckle White 85/15 - Ground Turkey, 1 container (16 oz.s ea.) 960 0 68 80
    Green Giant - Canned Cut Green Beans-50% Less Sodium, 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.) 70 14 0 4
    Ore Ida - Tater Tots , 36 pieces (90g) 640 80 32 8
    Sour cream, 2 cup 984 20 96 15

Total: 2904 137 211 110
    Per Serving: 484 23 35 18

Directions
    Brown Ground Turkey. Mix everything together (already cooked) besides tater tots in a 8x8 casserole dish, layer tater tots on top. Warm in microwave for 10-15 min.
  • HNee4
    Options
    Off to a better start this week. I've lost 1.6 lbs and was up 3 from last week. So if I could lose little more that would be great! If not, I stills have a scale victory. Lol. :-) I hope everyone is having a great start to there weekend.
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend! I am going on vacation (last minute) starting Monday and I am worried! Normally vacations with my family mean eat whatever you want for the drive (13 hours), nothing but junk food and fast food and once you get there you still eat whatever you want! Any suggestions on food I can take along for the drive so I don't feel so crappy after?!
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend! I am going on vacation (last minute) starting Monday and I am worried! Normally vacations with my family mean eat whatever you want for the drive (13 hours), nothing but junk food and fast food and once you get there you still eat whatever you want! Any suggestions on food I can take along for the drive so I don't feel so crappy after?!

Apples, carrots, nuts (unsalted!). Special K has some snackish items , but I am not sure of their calorie count and fat count and stuff like that.
  • lprunty
    Options
    Hey there ladies!! I hope your Saturday is going well. My last day of working daycare was yesterday, and I was so ready for it! Hopefully next week I'll be interviewing for a teaching position.

How do you guys handle cravings?? Lately I've been craving all the things that are bad. lol
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    How do you guys handle cravings?? Lately I've been craving all the things that are bad. lol

When I have a sweet craving I try to quench it with a sip of diet soda, or with a cup of 2% chocolate milk. Other then that, if I am craving something bad for me I try a quick workout and that normally changes the way I am thinking. Also, a tall glass of water, they say a lot of people have strong cravings when they are really just thirsty. Hope this helps!
  • lprunty
    Options

When I have a sweet craving I try to quench it with a sip of diet soda, or with a cup of 2% chocolate milk. Other then that, if I am craving something bad for me I try a quick workout and that normally changes the way I am thinking. Also, a tall glass of water, they say a lot of people have strong cravings when they are really just thirsty. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the ideas. Except for the milk, I will definitely try those! :-)
  • lprunty
    Options
    Recipe Challenge: Homemade spaghetti

1lb Honeysuckle White - 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey - Cooked, 70 0 0 0

2 cans Del Monte - Diced Tomatoes Basil, Garlic & Oregano No Salt 50 10 0 2

1 cup Holland House - Marsala Cooking Wine, 45 4 0 0

1/2 cup Green Peppers (Chopped), 15 3 0 1

1/2 cup Chopped Onions, 30 6 0 0

1/2 box broken in half Barilla - Whole Grain Pasta - Spaghetti Noodles, 200 41 2 7

2 cans Del Monte - Tomato Sauce No Salt Added 8 oz, 20 4 0 0

1/2 tbs each of basil, oregano, thyme, marjoram, rosemary

Instructions:
    Sauce
    Brown turkey and drain. Add green pepper and onion and continue cooking in large pot or skillet. Add in tomato sauce, diced tomatos, and wine. Stir in spices. Let simmer for at least 30 mins.
    Noodles
    Follow directions on box. When noodles are done run cool water over them to prevent over cooking. Toss with 1 tbs of olive oil.

Enjoy.
  • lprunty
    Options
    Emotional Challenge(7/27-8/3):
    How do you handle the struggles of being the weight you are in your family?

I biggest struggle I have with my weight currently is that my knees are terrble and I am not as active with my family as I could be. I am also tired all the time. It has been difficult to find a cardio exercise (other than walking) that I can do (I get bored) that my knees can handle and I don't have sharp pains shooting through them. I try and I do my best because I cannot just walk...it bores me after a while and I quit doing it.

Emotionally there isn't much struggle for me. I am one of the smaller sized members of my dad's family so there's no feeling of being out of place. My weight has only been a struggle for the past 11 years or so...I gained weight with each child and never really got it back off. I do at times feel guilty when my kids want to do something, and I'm just too tired or my legs or back is hurting. I am hoping that once I get more weight off, the knees will be better, and I am hoping that forcing myself to be more active will pull my energy levels up.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    We have maxed out the main thread(Yay!) The part 2 is here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/303584-stay-at-home-mommies-unite-60-day-challenge

Keep up the great work ladies!