Hotties With Bodies (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Robin - you are awesome! Thank you SO much formaking that map and tallying up everything. :)

I too love the 23 mph (miles per hottie) LMAO! It's awesome.

I am with Lorraine...having you all on FB just made it feel even more like I've known you all forever! :)
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Robin, I love the map! I also love our speed of 23mph (miles per hottie). :laugh:

Hope everyone is having a great week. I'm trying to get some good work outs to prepare for Colorado (one week from today)! We're doing some hikes so I'll get some great exercise. I'm not going to get my hopes up because I'm sure I'll be eating bad (and drinking more than I should), but this might be a vacation where I lose weight!

Let's get some more great work outs in today! :heart:

Where are you heading to in Colorado? I need to get out there ASAP! My BFF is going through a horrible divorce and I need to be there for her!!!!!
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    Happy hump day!

This morning I spent in an interview for a private company. They sought me out b/c of a specialty certification I have using electrical stimulation to treat swallowing disorders. I think they think I am available for a LOT of patients but really I would like only 1-2 per week max. I feel stupid now and when they send me referals and I decline I am going to feel horrible. I don't know WHY I have such a hard time speaking up for myself! Grr.. lesson learned. I offered my services to help and today I felt like I was just another employee.. "here's how our computer system works, here's your badge, blah blah" =( Regrets! They do already have a full time speech therapist so I feel a little better about not living up to their expectations.

SORRY--rant is over! :)

Tonight at CrossFit is "max" night where we will be doing multiple weight lifting things (deadlifts, squats, clean n jerks, etc..) and finding our one rep limit. I bet I'm gonna be sore!!!!!!!!!!

Also, yesterday and so far today NO cheats with my Paleo diet. I've eaten a lot of meat and nuts, that's all I can say! lol
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Ladies, Challenge of the day for you: Tell me one thing that has made you smile or feel good today.

My size 12's are getting baggy again and I can sit down in my M shirts without them busting at the seams now and I'm loving it.

Also, this is a silly one but I work for a huge power company in the southeast and yesterday they sent out an email about how we were supposed to have a huge group of people protesting nuclear power out front of the corporate offices at noon today dressed as zombies, that's right ZOMBIES! It absolutely made my day. Unfortunately it just ended up being a group of about 10 people with t-shirts and signs, but the thought that someone wanted a bunch of people to come protest nuclear power, much less dressed as zombies, still makes me giggle lol. (sorry if any of you are against nuclear power...)

Zombies in protest would have been cool. I used to work in research and we had a lot of protest threats but nothing quite as cool as zombies :-)
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    This morning I spent in an interview for a private company. They sought me out b/c of a specialty certification I have using electrical stimulation to treat swallowing disorders. I think they think I am available for a LOT of patients but really I would like only 1-2 per week max. I feel stupid now and when they send me referals and I decline I am going to feel horrible. I don't know WHY I have such a hard time speaking up for myself! Grr.. lesson learned. I offered my services to help and today I felt like I was just another employee.. "here's how our computer system works, here's your badge, blah blah" =( Regrets! They do already have a full time speech therapist so I feel a little better about not living up to their expectations.

SORRY--rant is over! :)

Tonight at CrossFit is "max" night where we will be doing multiple weight lifting things (deadlifts, squats, clean n jerks, etc..) and finding our one rep limit. I bet I'm gonna be sore!!!!!!!!!!

Also, yesterday and so far today NO cheats with my Paleo diet. I've eaten a lot of meat and nuts, that's all I can say! lol

I think it is hard for anyone to speak up when it comes to work. In general, people, especially in the US are expected to say yes even if they should be saying no. This is something I always struggled with when I was working and it ended up making me stressed out and work way more than I should. Hopefully when I return to work (when I can find a job), I will be more self-assured so that I can stand up for myself when I can not take on any additional work. Just keep in mind, even if you can only take on a few patients a week that is a few more people you can help!

Good luck at Cross Fit. That sounds like it is going to be tough.
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ladies, Challenge of the day for you: Tell me one thing that has made you smile or feel good today.

Ok, this is proving to be tough for me cos today ended up being a total sugar overload so I don't feel too pleased with myself.
    If I was to pick anything good that happened today it would be that I did a good job on set today and got praised by my director.

Im the head of the Sound Department and its my sole responsibility that everything is recorded well and sound recordists RARELY get any recognition. Most crews just assume that it's an easy job, all you have to do is just press record, right?! How hard is it to record someone talking?? IT IS HARD! It's hard to get it done well! Sure, I could stick the microphone in the corner of the room and it would record everything the actor is saying but anyone could do that! There is a lot of skill and technique involved in recording and making everything sound like it does in the movies you see in the cinema. It doesn't just happen by accident! My job ALWAYS gets overlooked and is rarely considered very 'important'. But a film is 50% visual and 50% audio!!!!! 50/50!!! No one thinks about that.
    And to add to all of that nonsense it doesn't help that Im a GIRL doing a technical job! Surely I can't operate a recording mechanism?! That's madness! Why should anyone listen to me when I say that there is a lawnmower working in the background and you are going to hear it over all of the takes and its going to interfere with the rest of the scene because it's noisy and it keeps moving around so each take is going to sound different to the last one and when the editor gets all this he is going to have a heart attack because everything sounds different and nothing matches!!!!!! Why should they listen to me cos I have boobs and surely I don't know what Im talking about! It's not like I can hear or anything!!

So this is what I have to deal with 90% of the time....but today I got recognition and I KNOW I did a good job and the editor is going to thank me because it's all going to sound the same when he puts it together. I might have to be a pain in the *kitten* on set to get my way but they'll thank me in the end :) And if nothing else, the film will SOUND amazing!!!! :)

Don't want to blow my own trumpet (too much!) but today was a good day for me at work hahaha even if I did have too much sugar!!! :)

Goodnight ladies!(Sorry for the vent! Ive always wanted to get that off my chest) :)
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    I did the Fit Test yesterday!! just now getting around to posting my results. Not THRILLED with them but it is a starting point :smile:

Switch Kicks 73 (36.5 each)
    Power Jacks 45
    Power Knees 77 left / 78 right
    Power Jump 27
    Globe Jump 9
    Suicide Jump 13
    Push Up Jack 11 (these were not as low as they needed to be)
    Low Plank Obliques 44

This def got me sweating but I also sweated it out on the elliptical (in the garage...in the heat...) afterwards. Good workout, overall a great day. :)
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Im the head of the Sound Department and its my sole responsibility that everything is recorded well and sound recordists RARELY get any recognition. Most crews just assume that it's an easy job, all you have to do is just press record, right?! How hard is it to record someone talking?? IT IS HARD! It's hard to get it done well! Sure, I could stick the microphone in the corner of the room and it would record everything the actor is saying but anyone could do that! There is a lot of skill and technique involved in recording and making everything sound like it does in the movies you see in the cinema. It doesn't just happen by accident! My job ALWAYS gets overlooked and is rarely considered very 'important'. But a film is 50% visual and 50% audio!!!!! 50/50!!! No one thinks about that.

If it makes you feel any better you're my hero Lorraine lol. This is what I originally started college for (well film editing, not sound) but I switched to accounting because I thought I would have a really hard time finding a job when I got out of school doing what I wanted (films & trailers, not commercials and such). So everyday when I get on here and you talk about your job I'm SUPER jealous because I would love to be doing it instead of studying balance sheets and journals lol. I was over film and sound for our school films (clearly not as big a deal as what you do now) so I have an idea of what you mean here and can I just say that YOU ROCK and you shouldn't feel bad about being a pain to them because it's your job to make sure it sounds good and I'm sure you're damn good at it :wink:
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Today I met with a florist for my wedding and I can tell you that I was smiling almost the entire time...despite the $$ signs flashing in my mind! She was absolutely wonderful to work with and I'm super excited to see everything come together!

My workout today also made me feel good bc it allowed me to get my frustrations out...another $800 needed to fix my car :explode:

Alright...have to end this post already bc I'm being the wonderful fiancé and going to pick my man up at his buddy's house...golf outing and poker all day for him...rough life ;)
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Trying to think of something good from today to share. It was a lot of time with DD, and it is hard to get anything out of a three year old. :-). I didn't get a workout in either....too much laziness on my first day of vacation. :-). I guess though the fact that we braved the heat and walked to the library and dinner and back.

Lorraine, is it a major motion picture you are working on, or something that will probably only play in Europe and some indi theaters in the states?

Hoping to get a walk in tomorrow morning!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    One day closer to the weekend. Today is going to be hot and humid but I am determined to finish writing the colorguard show so I can start teaching it next week. It is probably going to be a lot of 20-30 minute mini spin sessions until I have the damn thing done. Hopefully that will end up being enough to count as a work out today since I don't think with the heat I will be able to tolerate anything longer. I have a friend coming to help me so hopefully that will keep me motivated to get it done.

Challenge question of the day: Many of us became out of shape and unhealthy because we are emotional eaters. We eat when we are stressed or depressed. On this journey, what have you found to replace food in stressful situations?

For me it is music. Whenever I am wound up or upset I find my IPOD and find music to make it feel better. I put on my headphones and close my eyes and listen until I feel better. It has become a great way for me to release. If I am angry I can also usually workout to get rid of the need to eat but music works for all moods.

“The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear.” ~William Jennings Bryan
  • lucybp
    lucybp Posts: 193
    Options
    1) Kerri and Robin, thanks for the clarification.

2) Didn't have a great food day yesterday :( No workout ... I feel as though I have injured my back. I added kickboxing twice a week, on top of latin fusion (zumba) and that's a lot of jumping for my back. Thinking about sticking with the zumba, twice a week, and then replacing the kickboxing with aqua aerobics. The only issue is having to take the monitor in and out of the water during the exercise, which makes it difficult to track calories burned (monitor must either be in the water all the time, or out of the water all the time to get an accurate reading). We shall see how it goes.

3) I will have a better day today and will pray for my back to feel better, so that I can take zumba this afternoon. Still aiming to burn 2500 calories this week. It's still possible.

4) On Monday I shared with my hubby that I was feeling a bit down. He surprised me on his way to work with colorful balloons (which brightened my day) and an 'I think about you all the time' card. Made my day. Yesterday he stopped by work again to bring something over (can't remember what I left home) and as I pulled down the window he started singinig to his favorite tunes. I had a great laugh over that one and again, he made my day. That's my 'something good to share today' ...

Happy Thursday!
  • SarahSway
    SarahSway Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Kerri - I'm going to be staying in Grand Junction. If things go well we may be planning a move out there in the next 2-3 years. Where does your friend live? The entire state is beautiful!!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ok I bit the bullet with the Insanity Fit Test! Yikes! It totally is insane!

1st Test: 21/07/2011

Switch Kicks 94
    Power Jacks 43
    Power Knees 66 (I only did this on the right leg though...should I have done both sides?)
    Power Jumps 26 (Did NOT do these they way she did them in the video! Could barely get my legs off the ground! haha)
    Globe Jumps 11 (I presume each set of 4 jumps is counted as 1 rep, right??)
    Suicide Jumps 13
    Push Up Jacks 15 (Next to impossible to do! I didn't lower myself all that much when doing these push-ups...)
    Low Plank Oblique 56 (One of my favorite ones!!)

Pleased enough with my first time results. Hopefully these numbers will only get better!!
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Challenge question of the day: Many of us became out of shape and unhealthy because we are emotional eaters. We eat when we are stressed or depressed. On this journey, what have you found to replace food in stressful situations?

Typically when feeling down I find myself unmotivated, sitting on the couch watching tv...which would then lead to eating ;(.
    Now...when I'm feeling down/frustrated I make myself get off the couch and do something...cleaning, working out, going for a walk...as long as I'm not sitting around doing nothing...I can avoid stress eating!
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    Kerri - I'm going to be staying in Grand Junction. If things go well we may be planning a move out there in the next 2-3 years. Where does your friend live? The entire state is beautiful!!

Thornton, right outside Denver I believe! I also have a friend that lives right downtown Denver, like walking distance from the Rockies Stadium. I can't wait to go visit!!!
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    WORKING OUT AND LIFTING WEIGHTS has definitely helped me curb those feelings of depression/emotional eating... I use to think when I got home from the gym that I was allowed to eat what I wanted b/c I worked out, now I look at it differently. I know I have to do BOTH for success... eat good and workout. I also love music, my entire ipod and all the CD's in my car are Eminem (except one Sugarland CD)... =) I listen to those in times of need as well!
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options

I'd have to agree with both Andrea and Kerri. I get busy and keep occupied when I get stressed out, depending on whether I'm sad or angry I will do yoga, or get my butt kicked during some workout, clean, etc. I really enjoyed Lukas and my walks, however this week with the heat I haven't even been able to do them in the early morning! Arrgghh...
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options

Although I'm still struggling with this I have gotten loads better in the last year. I don't even buy junk food so if I want to stress eat it has to be fruit or some crackers (although too much of those can add up too :noway: ). Sleeping is still my biggest issues, if I get stressed or down I crawl into bed and sleep the rest of the day away. Music has always helped me cope as well and if I'm feeling really stressed I get in my car, roll down the windows, crank up the stereo, and just drive. Its my "me" time lol. Hopefully one day I will be able to cope using exercise but its like the last thing I want to do when I'm feeling that way is workout and push myself.

I am thrilled to say that I've officially been off my depression/anxiety meds for 2 months now and haven't had a serious break down yet despite some stressful times recently (partly because i can come here and vent to you ladies lol) so I couldn't be happier about that!
  • kerriBB37
    Options

Although I'm still struggling with this I have gotten loads better in the last year. I don't even buy junk food so if I want to stress eat it has to be fruit or some crackers (although too much of those can add up too :noway: ). Sleeping is my issue still, if i get stressed or down I crawl into bed and sleep the rest of the day away. Music has always helped me cope as well and if I'm feeling really stressed I get in my car, roll down, the windows, crank up the stereo, and just drive. Its my "me" time lol. Hopefully one day I will be able to cope with exercise but its like the last thing I want to do when I'm feeling that way is workout and push myself.

I am thrilled to say that I've been off my depression/anxiety meds for officially 2 months now and haven't had a serious break down yet despite some stressful times recently (partly because i can come here and vent to you ladies lol) so I couldn't be happier about that!

SO thrilled for you!!! I know that is a huge step. I am so proud of you. =) If you feel a "break down" coming, come to us!