Stay at home mommies unite! 60 day challenge

Options

Replies

• renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hardest thing for me would giving eating disorder.. The reason I put on weight was because I used to go stavation mode and no fixed time for breakfast, lunch or dinner.. There have been days when i skipped all of them.. and sometimes I was hungry that I would eat anything I find..lol... But now I am better off... Yes my husband supports me, he encourages me to do yoga everyday although at times he makes weird comments...

Sorry something is going wrong with my lappy... i thought it wasnt posted and posted two times..lolz
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi SAHMU!
    So I noticed an interest in posting before and after pics. How about we add a point for those of you who post a picture some time this week, I think it is a great accountability tool and to see results will be amzing at the end of our 60 day. So what do you think??
  • holli3586
    holli3586 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it.
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    SW 169
    CW 156
    GW 125

I will hit my goal by October 12th (my son's 3rd birthday). No excuses.

I was always an emotional eater. Happy, sad, pissy, no matter what the emotion... I would eat. My heaviest weight on record was 201 on the day my 1st son was born. However, I was heavier in high school than I was at my son's birth, but I was too scared to step on a scale and put an actual number to my shame. My reason for being an emotional eater, I can tie back to my childhood. My parents were constantly dealing with my drug addicted older bother (by 7 years), and I was always put on the "back burner", no matter what my question was. Too busy focusing on his "issues" and all of the heartache and chaos that came with it, but without them ever actually coming out an admitting that he might have a problem. I am 26 now, this started when I was 10, and my parents just recently came forward an acknowledged the problem (he's still using). Don't worry... I turned out pretty well considering. Nontheless, it was hard to deal, or should I say not deal with this at home, and then go to school and be picked on and beat up everyday for being the fat, scrubby kid. I internalized everything, and food was my only comfort. Looking back on it, I had no confidence and so easily allowed others to influence me, and was always seeking other's approval without considering how I would feel no matter the consequences. That's all changed. Thank goodness I met my husband 8 years ago (after a bout of being a gym-a-holic and losing 75 lbs., I weighed 125 and had never looked so good.) He's changed my life for the better. He's helped me regain my confidence, see me for who I really am and the person that I want to be. Sorry for the rant, but I feel better actually having put it into words for the world to see. Yes, I've been through hell, but I'm back and life couldn't be better. :)
  • saraegentry
    saraegentry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I think maybe the black team still has room? If so, I'd love to join! This is exactly what I'm looking for... a smaller group to help me stay accountable. I lost almost 30 lbs and then in 6 months of slacking on here I gained almost all of it back :( I'm determined to get it off and keep it off though!

Starting weight- 193

Goal weight (for 60 day challenge)-170

End goal- 160
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/270179-final-results-12-week-transformation-pics

Before after pictures. This was the easiest way to do it! I've lost 5lbs since.
  • JwlzBoatie
    JwlzBoatie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Blue Team Member
    SW: 320 lbs
    SMFP: 320 lbs
    SAHMU: first weigh -in: 319lbs

I just joined Saturday but I was fortunate enough to come across some great people! My determination through all this is, my daughter. I want to be here for her longer and want to be able to influence a healthy lifestyle for her.

I believe my reason for remaining overweight all my life is that I never really had a support system to guide me otherwise. My mom was mainly the one that kept me down. Instead of encouraging me or joining me in keeping motivated, she basically always expected failure. In turn, so did I. I have found MFP and there are great people on here. I can't put into words how grateful I am for small blessings like these. Good Luck everyone!!! Lets Kick Some *kitten*!!!! :-)
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In Wed/Goals:

Starting SAHMU: 183
    Week 1: 183
    Goal: 135 (long term goal) To get to enlistment weight for the Army....my dh is a soldier and that's my ultimate goal. but honestly i do not care about a number. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin.

Squats done used 8# weights. Walked with my daughter this morning

Emotional goal: I have crappy self-esteem.
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I'll post my starting details here as well as the Pink Team.

Starting MFP Weight : 157
    Starting SAHMU Weight : 154
    Week 1 Weight : 154
    Goal Weight : 135

Emotional Challenge: I am a very emotional person. I use food to celebrate, to mourn, to suppress anger, etc. I was down to 142 in April, then my papa suddenly passed away and I couldn't stop eating. And all of a sudden I was 158! I've always yo-yoed, because in the past when feeling bad about myself I would starve myself, or purge. It was so stupid but I always thought it would make me feel better; it didn't.
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Starting MFP: 211
    Starting SAHMU: 205
    Week 1: 205
    Goal: 160

**My over all weight loss before I started MFP is 27lbs. I am proud of that and reading to see the other 41 lbs. fall off!

Emotional challenge: I am not very emotional about my weight. I just want it off for health reasons. I want to stay alive for my boys!

***Go Team Yellow!!***
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Black Team are you complete?
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Are we posting our updates and weights on our group color page or on here?
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Are we posting our updates and weights on our group color page or on here?

You should post them for sure on your colors page but you can also repost them here for some additional support.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Black Team is complete:

katelyn002
    divinesensation
    Sahm2two
    AmerTunsi
    bella_babe_86

You need a team captain and your own thread, make sure you post your thread as (closed), you can see how the rest of the teams did it.

You must have your team weigh in today to be complete.

Good Luck Team Black!
  • beckyard
    beckyard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    any room left?
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Now I hope this works....my face looks scary! This was 6/24/11 when I started JM 30 Day Shred....Hubby took pic laying down so it is at a weird angle......ewww! Me at 229lbs.

DSC00682.jpg

Not sure why the pic got cut off!!!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    any room left?

The teams are full but we have some team members who have not checked in yet, so I will know tonight if anyone has dropped out and I will let you know.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Great job today Team Green!

We all weighed in and got our emotional challenge point for the week!

GO Team Green!!!!!.
  • CrayonsNCoupons
    Options
    Has any one had good results with zumba or insanity?