Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! I hope everyone is having a good week so far. The past week was OK. I’m hitting my exercise goals and for the most part my food tracking is fine too. I keep hitting stalls/plateaus, but I know it’s just part of this journey. Our bodies often have a mind of their own and I think mine is holding onto every ounce of fat and doesn’t want to let go. I just have to keep staying focused on how I feel, how my clothes are fitting and the fact I’m losing inches. The scale will eventually move.

@pneschich – I was so glad to read your surgery went well. The walking is so important to get all the gas out immediately from surgery. I had a week of clear liquids after mine and then 2 weeks of soft pureed foods. I’ve learned every doctor is different, but don’t rush it. Follow the process. We didn’t have major surgery to go back to bad habits. I’m 3 ½ months post op and feel great! It takes time and I’ve been hitting stalls like crazy, but I’m down 2-3 pants sizes and 1-2 sizes on top. I know I’m losing inches. Just take it one day at a time. Also, make sure to check out Genepro. I buy it on Amazon, but it’s a medical grade protein powder. 1 tablespoon is 30 grams of protein. Unflavored so you can add it to anything.

@descene, @cerail, @debbieinva, @snapdrag, @anneurban1910, @JeanieWww, @Bee2017, @happygirl – Welcome!! This is a great group who will give you the support you need. Try to check in daily if you can. The more accountability the better.

@gullagr – Yikes on the hand! Ouch!! You already know you’re out of your groove so what do you need to get back on track? I always go back to where I started and see how far I’ve come. It may be an old picture or how your clothes fit before. Try to take baby steps. I think we all try to jump in 110% and get overwhelmed. Plus you add an injury it sidelines us pretty quickly. I know your strong and got what it takes to win. You can do it!!

@damensha – I’m still so happy to see you and DH trying to make things work. I know it’s so tough, but the more you can openly really talk about the issues you’ll make it work. Coming from someone who was married, divorced and single the past 13 years, dating at this age has been such a rollercoaster of emotions. Way too many games. STAY MARRIED!! LOL!!!

@campfire – I’m a bit behind, but hope the awful cold bug has left you. It seems to be hitting people hard this winter.

@Nikion – I totally understand about stalls. I stall for 3 weeks lose a few pounds than stall again for another 3-4 weeks. I think it may have something to do with my darn cycle. I’m trying to monitor it more closely, but so frustrating. I still think the mental journey is a LOT harder than the actual food and exercise. Hang in there!!

@birgitkwood – Congrats!!! 100 lbs is amazing. So proud of you.

@Katrena – Great seeing you again! I’m trying to get back in the swing of things, but the group isn’t like it used to be. I miss the challenges and some of the old folks too. Glad to see you even if it’s lurking.

@skinnyjeanz – You have been quite the social butterfly lately. LOL!! It’s so important though, but can be a challenge when it comes to our eating selections. I’ve got quite a few events coming up myself and already know I’m going to have to balance myself too. I’m still waiting to confirm if I’m coming to the restaurant show in May, but I’ll definitely let you know.

@bapcarrier – Great job on the walking! So good for us.

• SouthernSassy77
    SouthernSassy77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm new and I have 150 lbs to lose and I'm terrified. I have a weight loss ADD....I do well for a good while, then lose all interest. I'm at my highest weight ever and it's a very scary place.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

I haven't been by here in many, many months. Crazy at work and life just got in the way.

I guess when I last posted I was getting ready for my second ankle surgery, I've since recovered but do have nerve damage that we're watching. I had also returned to WW with a friend, I'm still going for the camaraderie and the accountability but recently started Whole30. The scale hasn't been my best friend of late, so decided to try something to reset my metabolism and see how certain foods make me feel. I had read the first book, It Starts with Food, several years ago but didn't give it a second thought. I just recently decided to look into it again and re-read several sections of the book, ultimately deciding I owed it to myself to try it. It's strict, but so far so good. I'm still looking for a better job, ugh so frustrating. I guess that's an update on me, in a nutshell. ;)

I see a lot of new names, welcome to everyone. I am one of the original members of this thread, been posting here since 2012, but life got in the way. I have missed stopping by here.
  • Misnomer971
    Misnomer971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! Lately I haven't been keeping up with the "community" part of MFP, but I've missed you guys/this thread. :)

@pneschich - I'm so glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you're doing better afterwards than you expected! I would think that right now it's more important to nourish yourself than to lose weight, so I'm hoping that shake stayed down. You're likely to lose weight now no matter what, but I'd hate for you to become sick from not eating enough.

@birgitkwood - Congrats on the 100 pounds! That's incredible! :smiley:

@Snap___Dragon - I love "onederland"! Ha! I'm still 11 pounds away from it, but I'm definitely going to have to remember/use that.

"Onederland" feels a bit like "neverland" right now, because I've had 10 days of pretty horrible eating. On the 11th I went out to lunch with friends and had sliders and tater tots, and dinner that night was -- gulp -- four cupcakes and a candy bar. The next day was my jazz show in DC: no cupcakes, but my schedule was off and I wound up going over my calorie goal when I got home that night (the show went well, though, and it was nice to feel mostly confident about my appearance again!). I'm hoping some of that day's excess was countered by the standing/dancing I did on stage. Last week I went out to lunch once (which always means eating a lot), and in the evenings I often found myself eating 100-200 extra calories. Then this past weekend I went to an indoor jazz festival, held at a Hilton hotel: I checked in at around 4pm on Friday and didn't leave until 5:30pm on Sunday, and during that time I ate like...well, like I was on vacation. ;) I had a lot of buffet food and snacks, several beers, and a few Frappuccinos from the Starbucks in the lobby (my first Starbucks since September!). I made nominal entires in my food diary each day, just so I wouldn't break my logging streak, but I made no effort to actually estimate my calories. Those days were basically writeoffs.

I got back on track yesterday, though: despite being off work, I finished the day 100 calories under my goal. I stepped on the scale this morning, and amazingly I haven't gained much: less than 1 pound. I can still say that I weigh 210, which is where I've been for a couple of weeks now. I tend to be ~2 pounds heavier in the evenings, though, so I'll weigh myself again tonight. I need to see whatever actual damage I've done; denial won't get me anywhere.

My Tuesday Goal is simply to stay on plan for the rest of the month. That doesn't sound like much, but given how I've eaten for the past three weeks I think coming in at or under my calorie goal for 7-8 consecutive days would be great. And I'd like to see if I can crack 210 and get into the low 200s sometime soon. Inching closer to onederland... :)
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to say that I will be traveling today, and that is usually not a good thing for my food selections and calorie limit, but I think I'm going to pack a sandwich wrap to take with me and a couple of snacks and try to get keep it real today! I'm feeling a little better today. Had a long and pretty good sleep last night, very little coughing and I think that is what it's going to take to get me back up to par again. The coughing by itself is exhausting and when you add inadequate sleep on top of that, it's hard to bounce back and feel good. So I'm feeling encouraged! Also, you know I'm been fighting the urge to eat from the meds I'm on and so it was good this morning to get on the scale and see 1.9 pounds down since last weigh in for me! Five more pounds and I'm back to my lowest!!! Wishing you a happy and successful day! Good to see you ladies back that have been away! Keep up the posting!
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @campfirequeen1 - so glad to hear all the good news! Glad that you're feeling better, and happy for the scale moving in the right direction. Sounds like you're making a good decision, packing a sandwich and fruit while traveling. Frankly, that's always my downfall! Somehow I'm busy "programmed" to eat crap while I'm traveling. Especially when I'm in the cat by myself for a significant length of time. Not a habit I've been able to break yet. So I applaud you! Safe travels...
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,865 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Also on this 100+lbs journey ... I have tried MFP before, but didn't make it pass the 1st week, so quite happy now that I have been able to log for 35 days and lose weight, so far 22lbs (took me like 8 weeks). Looking forward sharing my progress with all of you. Just a bit about myself ... I am 41, married with no kids, currently working from home (which doesn't help since I have the fridge so close!). Until recently I didn't exercise at all ... but started going to the gym a couple months back and now that I am lighter I am starting to enjoy it. I wish you all the best with your weight loss and keep writing ... its great to read the posts, learn from everyone and feel that there is someone who understands what we are going through. Take care!

22lbs is wonderful!!! Congratulations!!! I have lost about 13lbs in 55days. Not as great as you but I am still proud and amazed by it. I am a little younger than you. I will be 36 next month. I have been married for almost 14 years and also have no children. Is it by choice that you have no children? It is for me/us. My husband is also obese and could stand to lose 100+lbs but he refuses to count his calories. He just wants to ride my coat tails and go for long walks on his days off work. I use to belong to the YMCA. I like to swim laps. But the pool was always crowded so I stopped going and canceled my membership. Some day I would like to run a half marathon ... the Disney Princess Half Marathon to be exact. My oldest sister got me to attempt the DPHM in 2011. She came to my house 3x/wk for the 7 months leading up to the event. I was lighter back then, but only by about 5-10lbs less than I am now. I only made it a little over 5k of the way till the bus picked me up. But I tried and I am proud of my courage to do that and I want to continue to try until that dream comes true! <3 "Dream Big Little Princess" I love Disney!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @birgitkwood awesome loss!
    @MermaidPrincessRach you really seem to have found something that works for you. Yay!
    Thanks to all of you following my journey. Today's installment: Going to work. It was a very long day. Had my protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and they seemed to be enough. Tomorrow's going to be easier. I was very busy even though I tried to keep up with my email last week.
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    checking in :) Still doing good. Didn't get as much exercise today since I had to work, and work didn't give me as much as I had hoped, but that's ok. Maybe I'll go to the pool tonight
  • mtumale
    mtumale Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I just found this thread and it couldn't have been a more perfect time. I have been logging in for over 40 now and was doing great and even exercising regularly then I hurt my foot and have lost all motivation. I can't seem to hit the big week losses and it's depressing me. Today I came home from work and rolled out my back and am going to try to get on the treadmill again to get a workout in. The only thing that has saved me from not gaining a ton of weight is that I am still logging my food on MFP. I am determined as I am 45 years old with 3 young, very active children and I want to feel healthy and happy like I used to. I need to loose about 80-100 pounds and I know I can do it, I just need to stay motivated and have some encouragement. I have friends who have said they need to do it too but they are not committed and I think it derails me sometimes, we always seem to meet up to eat! ugh, Though the last 2 times I meet them I stayed true to myself and made very healthy choices so maybe I can do this without them after all. I'm so glad you are all here because I still need a support system and who better to help motivate us through this long journey than each other!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @ ********
    @ ********
    @ ********

:)>:):D:)<3:p

Wednesday Wish ...

So, I've read several wishes from folks who miss the days when we had challenges to motivate us on this journey to losing 100 pounds or more. (or less for those of us who've gotten there on this thread).

Well ... your wish has been granted! :s

Here is a weight loss challenge to get you from now to through to Earth Day ... April 22, which happens to be a Friday ,,, but you can weigh in on any day of that week and report it ... as we all have different schedules.

The format for the posting each week is shown below ... just copy it for yourself somewhere, or take the long route and find your previous post with this info and quote it, then fill in the new weeks weight ... however you want to do it.

The nicest part about this challenge is that you are the one making a committment to make a public accounting of where your weight is trending ... and it gives you something to focus on as the Spring season comes to life.
    For those who celebrate it ... Easter falls near the end of this challenge. For those who don't ... Earth Day is a great holiday to get into better shape for!

Name:

Start Weight (week of Feb 22)
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22)

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22:
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:

Good Luck. I hope you join in and have some fun with it. :*
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the challenge!! Here is to helping the earth one pound at a time!!

Name: Jessica
    Height:5'6"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 194.0
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 185.0 lbs

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 194.0
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15**:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:
    **birthday week. Preexisting goal to be 190 by this week.

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:
  • Nikion901
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm in ... now we have 2 ... can we make it 3? Let's save the Earth from our girth -- one pound at a time!

Name: Niki
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 242.5
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 232

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 242.5
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:**
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:0
    Weight -/+ this month:0

Hey @trinati2001 ... do we share the same birth day? Mine is on St Patricks Day - the 17th ... and I will not be making my long standing goal to be below 200 pounds by the time I'm 72 ... but as long as I'm closer to it than I am today, I will be so pumped to make it there in 2017.
  • Nikion901
    edited February 2017
    Options
    :):):):) -- UPDATE -- :D:D:D we Have 2 participating ... ;)

:)>:):D:)<3:p

Wednesday Wish ...

So, I've read several wishes from folks who miss the days when we had challenges to motivate us on this journey to losing 100 pounds or more. (or less for those of us who've gotten there on this thread).

Well ... your wish has been granted! :s

Here is a weight loss challenge to get you from now to through to Earth Day ... April 22, which happens to be a Friday ,,, but you can weigh in on any day of that week and report it ... as we all have different schedules.

The format for the posting each week is shown below ... just copy it for yourself somewhere, or take the long route and find your previous post with this info and quote it, then fill in the new weeks weight ... however you want to do it.

The nicest part about this challenge is that you are the one making a committment to make a public accounting of where your weight is trending ... and it gives you something to focus on as the Spring season comes to life.
    For those who celebrate it ... Easter falls near the end of this challenge. For those who don't ... Earth Day is a great holiday to get into better shape for!

Name:

Start Weight (week of Feb 22)
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22)

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22:
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:

Good Luck. I hope you join in and have some fun with it. :smile: ]

• birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 - great challenge! Would love to join, but honestly I don't know how much weight I can reasonably expect to lose by 4/22. Currently I'm at 203, at 6ft tall and 62yrs old. As I've said before, I'm happy with my current lifestyle - it got me to a current total loss of 101 lbs since last April. I'm not willing to curtail my calorie intake further (I eat roughly 1600 cals/day) and I'm not willing to exercise more than the 60 mins 5x/wk that I currently do. Sooo... I may not lose another pound. Or I may - but very slowly. I'd like to get below 200lbs, but ultimately that's just a number and doesn't really mean all that much to me in the end. If I get there, great. If not, I'll make peace with it. I'm happy with my body and my current weight. So I guess my personal challenge will be to have not gained by 4/22 - and if a few more pounds do happen to come off, that's gravy.
  • Nikion901
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @Nikion901 - great challenge! Would love to join, but honestly I don't know how much weight I can reasonably expect to lose by 4/22. Currently I'm at 203, at 6ft tall and 62yrs old. As I've said before, I'm happy with my current lifestyle - it got me to a current total loss of 101 lbs since last April. I'm not willing to curtail my calorie intake further (I eat roughly 1600 cals/day) and I'm not willing to exercise more than the 60 mins 5x/wk that I currently do. Sooo... I may not lose another pound. Or I may - but very slowly. I'd like to get below 200lbs, but ultimately that's just a number and doesn't really mean all that much to me in the end. If I get there, great. If not, I'll make peace with it. I'm happy with my body and my current weight. So I guess my personal challenge will be to have not gained by 4/22 - and if a few more pounds do happen to come off, that's gravy.

S0 - if you want to join in ,,, go ahead and perhaps put your goal at being 199 pounds on April 22 ... And ... I must agree with you ... you need to be eating a very slight deficit under TDEE - maybe only 10%. Have you been able to verify that your current TDEE is 1600 a day? (I used my TDEE calculator using your info and it came back that you are underfed at 1600 given you exercise 5 hours a week ... how intense is that exercise? But, if the exercise is not making you break into a sweat or raising your heart rate high, then those calories are right on the mark.) I know my own calories had to be adjusted downward this week because I've stalled and had a slight gain in the past 10 days. But, in my case, exercise is not something I am physically capable of doing much of, if any. ( I need to use a walker if I'll be walking any further than aobut 100 feet, and cannot stand up for longer than 10 minutes at a time without my legs and feet going numb because of spinal issues. For me, to be able to be up and about for 15 to 45 minutes at a stretch is awesome activity ... with rest periods in between ... and not every day.

PS ... I am optimistic minded when I set my goal ... the weight I am striving for is the one I set for myself for that week of April back when I made my annual goal on Jan 1 ... :)
  • mtumale
    mtumale Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Name:mtumale
    Height:5'4"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 256.5
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 245

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22:256.5
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    Name: Jeanie
    Height:5'2"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 262.4
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 250

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22:262.4
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Name : Helene
    Height: 5 ft 4

Start weight (feb 22) : 294.8
    Goal weight (April 22) : 280 (maybe slightly ambitious but we will see)

Feb 22: 294.8
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    April 22:

Weight +/- this week
    Weight +/- this month