Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Eva: What a great NSV!!

Janetay: Sorry about the Chicken Pox… Hope he feels better soon!

Karen: Hey Karen… I lost 35 lbs. a few years ago and I totally still felt fat… I think it is just that perfect body image they put out there and you expect that you are going to look like that too! It’s all about excepting our image and being happy with who we are! You are beautiful… and I’m sure you are smokin’ at times still too! I can only hope I feel smokin’ at some point in my near future! ;)

Joy: Hope you have a great time snow shoeing! Or have some snow to do it in… ;) It’ll be nice to get outside anyway! Awesome planning!! You go girl!! I drank my weight in alcohol Saturday night too!! Yikes! But I did get in a workout Saturday and Sunday… so happy about that… trying to equal I out a little!

Rachel: Hang in there girl. Sorry your week is filling up and not giving you me time… Hopefully you can squeeze something in. Try to have a good week! Sounds eventful at least!

Had a great weekend… Friday night I went to the gym after work. Got in a great workout and then went to meet my hubby at the bar with friends… I was just not feeling it. I had a diet 7-up and left. Went home and snuggled with Bentley. Just couldn’t fathom putting drinks in my body after such a hard workout and knowing I was going to a dinner party Saturday night and probably having a couple too many. Proud of myself that I said “no” and went home! Saturday Lexi and I had a good workout at the gym in the morning, then we went on a run… I say run lightly as I could not run… I did awful! I can go on a treadmill or elliptical but put me outside and damn if I can do it… WTH… Was pretty upset with myself. She ran ahead and I walked probably half of it. =( But I tried that is all I can say… I will have to keep going out and trying… maybe her pace was just too much for me! Let’s go with that! Then I Over-ate and drank Saturday evening… My carrot cake turned out Amazing though!!! It was so yummy!!! Now I know I can make it… it’s healthy right… Carrots, pineapple, coconut and walnuts… right?! LOL! Everyone loved it! Sunday was a lazy day. I got a workout in but the rest of the day was icky… The sun was shining and I wish I got out and enjoyed it more than I did! Here’s to a great week!!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I love hearing from all of you. Sounds like the struggle is real. I have read that it takes awhile for our body image to actually catch up to our body. So hang in there ladies.

I am slowly recovering. Went on a short walk yesterday. I have a cold too though. Makes it hard to feel better.

I have great news, I made it to onederland! I am so excited.

Also, last weekend, before surgery, I ran into an old friend who I hadn't seen in 4 years. He didn't recognize me. I didn't think I looked tgat different.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 - we love Celebrity, you will have a blast. We have brought wine on as well. Works wonders. We just normally drink it in our cabin. If you are not a heavy drinker, like 7 or 8 a day, it is way cheaper to just pay as you go for sure.

@Rachel0778 - I feel you with the stress eating. I found once I told myself, step off b***h (to myself), when I found myself eating when stressed or emotional it really helped. Just recognize it and try to divert yourself to another activity or even a glass of water. But then, a shot of tequila never hurt.

@ShyCush6 - you got some nice workouts in there and great job going home. Sometimes that is hard. I spend dart night nursing one drink and then lots of water. NOT FUN.
    I have tried running, even when I was at my fittest and I am with you, nope. Even the C25K was not working for me. Just could not get it going. Who knows.

@jdelaroy - you win the award for the best post. CONGRATS GIRL!!!

I am off to the gym and then to finish cleaning the house and cooking dinner. I have totally had to change my shopping habits around since I went back to work so at least I know what we are having. I used to just stop on the way home from the gym every day and look around for what looked good. Moroccan Chicken tonight.

Have a great one.
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Good news, father in law's operation was a success and he's making a good recovery! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! It was a stressful few days and lots of eating out/on the run so was delighted to maintain at ww today!

Class was all about how to deal with setbacks. My favourite thing leader said was if you got 1 flat tyre would you go round and picture the other 3?! So if you've 1 bad meal/day/week don't throw in the towel!!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options
    Great news tazzy, so glad to hear he's making a good recovery, bet it's a load off. I like & agree with what leader said in class & I'm glad I read it today, because I'm so tired & had an appetite, I went over 124 calories, better day tomorrow
  • Buff_Daddy_Regie
    Buff_Daddy_Regie Posts: 73 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi my name is Regie..started September last year and weigh 264 lbs..did dieting for 4 months and 2 months working out until now I'm now at 215 lbs I log in daily..i need more motivation and support to hit my goal and I'll do the same..I would love to join this group
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @Evamutt Thank you for your wonderful words and prayers. You're right, I really do need an attitude shift about it! I just have to take it one day at a time

@tazzy2911 I'm so glad your father in law's operation went well! That is good advice to not throw in the towel. I'm still posting even though my eating has been garbage

@FitEqualsSmile I laughed out loud reading your post! I really do need to shoot myself down more often! I hope you dinner was as amazing as it sounds

@jdelaroy CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is a huge milestone!!! Way to go!

@ShyCush6 Definitely give yourself credit for going for that run outside, it's definitely not how fast you run! I need to take a page out of your book with the diet 7-Up at the bar. I think I might stay sober these next few weeks, alcohol has not been my friend lately

After a hard bout of derby, a day back in my routine with regular food, and a good night's sleep I'm feeling better. I had a few epiphanies about my upcoming weeks (thanks for the mindshift idea @Evamutt!)

I decided to take some me time last night and donated remotely instead of going to the fundraiser. For tonight, my SO's work friends are still coming over. I was originally upset when he told me how late they were getting to our house for dinner, but then I realized it's not my problem. I'm still going to cook dinner and be a good hostess, but I'll just eat before when I'm hungry and hang out while they and my SO eat. There's no reason for me to have to wait and be hangry (my SO thinks it will be weird, but frankly I don't give a *kitten*).

Thursday when my in-laws come, I'm sticking to my routine and going to derby. Their change of plans doesn't mean I have to change mine. I'm still going to go to work Friday, but I will meet up with them for a long lunch. I'm still going to meet up with my Mom Saturday morning for our workout. I am reclaiming my time and it feels great!

Next week, I learned my aunt is going to the family thing too, which changes the whole dynamic for the positive. I am officially looking forward to it now!

Lesson learned: Having a good night sleep helps to change all perspectives for the positive.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    @tazzy2911 - glad to hear about the FIL. Keep up the good work.

@Rachel0778 - what a positive swing. Good for you. It is great to be able to put yourself first some of the time. We go down to the in-laws for dinner once a month (they are 2 hours away). I normally bring my own dinner and I have no clue what they are going to feed me. I feel bad but I just can not eat what they do. One time I swear it was melted Velveta soup. Do you for awhile.

@Big_Daddy_Regie - Welcome

Well I had a good night last night. I am still trying to figure out what and when to eat before going to the gym after work. I have had a stomach ache almost each time with LOTS of burping.
    Tonight it is supposed to be in the upper 50's when I still get home so I am going to spend some time cleaning the garage as the hubby is working late, boy do I know how to party.
    Have a good day everyone, lets all remember to WORK IT!!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Janet. I hope Allister's itching is almost over. Sucks when your child isn't feeling good.

@Big_Daddy_Regie welcome to the group. You will find great support here.

Rachel. Great swing towards you. I've been trying to get my me swing to stick.

@FitEqualsSmile you are doing a great job getting into the gym after being gone. Keep it up

I took buddy for a mile and a half walk last night. He drive me nuts but I did get an arm workout also as he would stop and pee on every tree so I would have to pull him along. And then he would run ahead so I would have to pull him back. I should probably take him again today so I can even put the arms. Gotta love Ohio weather last Thursday 30 and snow then sat we break a record almost 70. Not that I'm complaining. It will be in the high 50-low60 all week. With another almost 70 day Friday. I'm ready for spring even though the winter hasn't been to bad this year. Hope everyone has a good week.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Jdelaroy: Hope you feel better soon! What a great NSV… you don’t see it but others do!! ;)

Karen: Glad I’m not the only one that struggles with running! Ugh! Have fun in the garage! LOL! Party it up!

Sinead: Great news on the FIL front! Great job on maintaining!!

Regie: Welcome! Great job on the loss!!

Racheal: Great idea about Thursday… Not that you can’t sit and chat with them while they eat! I see no issue… Glad you are finding your me time and ready for next week’s travels!

Nicole: Nice job on the walk.. reminds me of my lab when I took her… ;) Loving this spring weather… I know we will have snow again soon, but it won’t last long and I’ll be ready for summer!!

Wondering how it takes a week to lose 1 lb and one bad day to gain 2… Just makes no sense… I know I shouldn’t have weighed myself until at least Wednesday but I can’t help myself. I’m sure it is sodium and water retention… blah, blah, but doesn’t mean I don’t like it… Got in a morning and evening workout last night… I did sneak a few bites of carrot cake… it’s so rich and moist… Yum… so there went one of the workouts… LOL! Oh well! Tonight Lexi and I are heading to the gym so I should get a good push from her! Have a great day ladies!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    @ngolden3320 - I was reading your message cracking up. When you said buddy I thought you meant a male friend, I am like, really...he is peeing on trees in front of you??

@ShyCush6 - I am right with you on the hard lose and easy gain. I am a daily weigher and it kills me sometimes. I have tried to only get on that scale once a week and I just can't do it. I am much more on point with the daily weigh in. I go out one night and all my work for the week is gone. Kills me.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    Good for you, Rachel0, better to not turn your world upside down for someone else's plan than be stressed out & resentful. I never mean for anyone to be selfish, but it's not selfish to care for yourself while still being a good hostess
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Shy - I'm sure you didn't gain the 2lbs in the course of one day, it will be water and sodium. Well done on getting the two workouts in - that's serious dedication. I love carrot cake - so good!

Nicole - good walk, hope you got to work the other arm out as well :)

Rachael - good for you for turning the whole situation into a positive. You absolutely have to look after yourself as well. And as for being part of the meal but not eating - I see nothing wrong with it. You can still be sociable without joining in the food. Enjoy getting some time back for you!

@Big_Daddy_Regie - welcome!

@tazzy2911 - so glad your father in laws op was a success. Must be such a relief for you and your family.

Jen - that is such great news - go you! Hope your recovery is continuing ok :)

So we are on day 5 of spot watch!! On the plus side, the spots Alistair has are starting to heal over and he doesn't appear to be getting any more. On the down side, I think he is starting to miss the variety of nursery! My husband is looking after him this morning whilst I work then I'm with him this afternoon. We've got a nursery friend (who also has the pox) coming over this afternoon - it will be good for both of them to see each other, play and burn off a bit of steam.

Take care all and hope the day treats you well.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile What to eat before the gym is a tough one! I tend to do a serving of oatmeal since it settles quickly but is filling. Also, velveeta soup sounds so gross! No wonder you bring your own!

@ngolden3320 I love the weather the Midwest is having right now! My dog pulls like crazy too so I feel your pain! I put mine on a gentle leader and it definitely helps, but he still fights against it

@gemwolf110 Great job fitting in your workouts amidst the craziness! When does your new job start up?

@Evamutt Thank you! I agree completely that self care isn't selfish, but sometimes its hard to explain that to my SO!

@ShyCush6 That scale can be so frustrating! I agree with everyone else that there's no way you gained that much in that short of time so I bet you'll see a quick drop shortly

@janetay01 Glad Alistair is healing up and that you were able to set up a playdate!

Dinner last night went better than expected. My SO got caught up at work so I had to be the only one cleaning/cooking before they came over so I literally didn't have time to eat (he recognizes that he owes me an amazing date out for that). My feta strawberry salad was wonderful and the chicken turned out tender so that was good!

My inlaws called last night to ask if they could push their trip up yet another day sooner and come today! Luckily they came to their senses later that night and decided to stick with Thursday so I get tonight to regroup and get the house together. (and my SO promised he would do whatever I put on his list so I'll have plenty of help). Tonight I'm going to get my list done quickly and focus the rest of the night on self care!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    @rachel0778 - nice job. We just found out we are having company this weekend as well. All I can say is thank goodness my shower is back in operation (we had it re-grouted last week). Love my niece and nephew buy company prep, nope.

@janetay01 - I am curious, did you get Alistair vaccinated for the POX. We did for both my boys and they both still got it. One had a really mild case but still. Glad he is on the mend. I still remember having them as a kid. And more shingles when I was in college. Would have rather had the POX again.

Boy the scale has not moved at all this week. I am getting totally frustrated with everything. I know I have been at this a long time and I know it will start moving eventually but WTH. I am hoping my muscles are just in shock and have decided to hold onto a ton of water.

Today after work, I hit the gym and then go home to clean as company is coming this weekend so I have to change my plans around. I am trying out a new recipe tonight for dinner. There was a great pasta recipe in the Food Network magazine this month that I am going to try to lighten up with vegi noodles instead of the normal pasta. Sometimes this works great and others it is a total fail so wish me luck.

• ShyCush6
    Options
    Karen: Glad to have a daily weigher that understands… ugh! I usually know exactly what the scale will say, but I gained after eating Saturday and it has not come down yet… The last few days I’ve ate great and hard workouts… some with additional small workouts as well. The scale should be on the down slide. Just frustrating… I know I should gnore it and I know I am doing good no matter what the scale says but “For the Love of…” Help me out here! LOL! I never had chicken pox… I’m praying I never do… I’ve heard they are way worse as an adult. Sorry the scale is being a *kitten* to you too! We just have to keep trucking.. it’s bound to move soon! Good luck on your dinner…

Janetay: Hope Alistair is on the mend… amazing the bond they make at nursery and how they miss the routine…

Missy: Nice job on Zumba! Hope you get some me time!

Rachel: I hope you are right and it drops soon! I am not giving up!! =) Glad dinner went great… sounds delicious!! Have a great “Me” night! You deserve it!

So another fun night at the gym with Lexi! I really do love our trips together! Glad she is motivating me. Got up this morning and squeezed in another 30 min… I work late today and knew I would not feel like it when I got home! I was frustrated with the scale this morning, so I have General Taos Shrimp with broccoli for breakfast… it was leftover and I was not sharing with the hubs… After my regret of a big breakfast, I have my lunch and dinner figured in and I will be in much better shape the rest of the day. I let it get to me. I also tried on a pair of skinny jeans that used to be one of my favs… they still are not comfortable enough to wear and that frustrated me more… Off the pity party.. it has to budge soon! =)
  • Evamutt
    Options
    I've been so sleepy, tired & hungry since Sunday when I was out all day, but I finally got enough rest. Got up at 6:30, me & hubs took all the dogs for walk. I took April, our newest to the dog park for the first time with the pack. She did well, tho there were 3 hyper dogs there who I never saw before so i kept her away from them. Went for another dog walk with a friend & am going to our dog rescue for the after noon. I put down 30min of brisk walking for today. It was SO hard not to over eat the last 3 days. I craved comfort foods went over about 200 cal or so but did ok otherwise. Have a great day everyone
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @Evamutt Considering how active you've been it sounds like a good thing you're eating a bit more. Keep up the great work!

@ShyCush6 I think it's wonderful you and your daughter work out together! I bet you're going to be back into those skinny jeans in no time

@FitEqualsSmile How was the new pasta recipe? I tend to go up on the scale when I mix up workouts too.

After 3 hours of cleaning last night I am wiped! We had our personal training this morning too so I definitely got my activity in before the in laws came to town. I was bummed I had to be inside cleaning last night instead of enjoying the 60 degree weather but oh well. Spring is coming fast, right?
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    m2vu32tks1q2.jpg
    @FitEqualsSmile this is buddy. looks completely innocent doesn't he. Yeah don't let him fool ya. Good luck on your new pasta dish let us know how it is. We are big pasta fans at my house which isn't great for the waist.

Shy I'm glad Lexi is there to push you. I wish my girls would push me. Jenna just started a new job and doesn't get home to late and Cassidy is back in the softball mode. I guess I will just have to start pushing myself again.

Rachel good luck with the inlaws. glad mine live close enough they can visit and then go home.

@janetay01 glad to hear Alistair's pox are clearing up. he should have fun seeing his spotted friend from nursery.

Today is Jenna's 19th birthday. I can't believe my baby is that old :'( . She is such a great kid and I'm so proud of her. I'm going to try to atleast get a quick walk in. Having my mom and Shawns dad over for dinner and cake so we will see. Wish me luck in the cake department. She wants chocolate with homemade peanut butter icing. (My Favorite) ugh just kill me now. I will have to be sure and send a bunch home.

• ShyCush6
    Options
    Eva: Your getting in lots of exercise.. your body might need the extra energy! Keep up the great work!

Rachel: The weather was wonderful… I didn’t get to get out and enjoy it either as I worked late. Chilly is coming back now but spring will be here soon!!! Way to get in a workout before the in-laws come… you are rockin’ it girl!!

Nicole: Buddy is adorable!! It is great to have Lexi along with me but she will get busy too soon with soccer. And she put her applications out there for a summer job too! Right now she is in-between as wrestling is almost over, Wisconsin state wrestling starts today. So last night the girls and team-mates went TP’ing! Her dad is a coach so they got his house! The coaches are really cool and call the parents before so the kids don’t get in any trouble for doing it! Fun tradition! They grow up too fast! 19… WOW… I sent everyone home with the carrot cake.. Cake is one of my downfalls!!

So I took a lazy night and didn’t workout as I got a good burn in the morning. I’m so exhausted when I work late… Joy talked me off a ledge late as I was so hungry and she mentioned getting a glass of water with mio… DUH! That’s what I do at work when I’m hungry… why didn’t I think of that!! It worked great!! I woke up and did another good morning burn! I love getting it out of the way!! I might go back tonight and get some lifting in.. but we will see! I really should as the hubs wants a date night tomorrow. He took the night off bowling to take me out! I know we are checking out a new sushi place.. Yum! But not sure where the night will lead us! Then we have a cheese raffle Saturday… I will really try and be good there!! It’s hard as all the yummy cheeses… Yep… I need to get to the gym to lift… just talked myself into it!!