Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Nichole, so sorry for the loss of your dad!! That was unexpected! We've had a few parents lost in the last few months on this board, that's sad! :(
    Gillian - yes, I have seen people do that too... like saying "wow, don't lose any more weight or you will blow away in the wind" or weird things like that. (not to me yet, LOL!!). Just ignore. I've come to the conclusion that people are weird and they say weird things!! about all kinds of things! Just keep your goals in your mind, and keep working towards them. The only person that matters is you (and maybe your family!). You are doing great, keep it up! I think your profile pic looks awesome.
    Jen, have fun on your girls weekend!!! Enjoy!

Well, this week feels like a write off! My older son's car transmission blew, so the next day he rode his bike to classes and his bike effing broke! I'm running around all week driving a 21 year old to school, and work, and for whatever reason everything has gone off the rails. It's pouring rain today (blah!), my blender broke this week - so I can't even make my smoothies in the morning, and a bunch of other things. So I think I've gone to the gym once! I'm leaving work and going to the gym if it KILLS me today, and will cross my fingers for a better week next week.
    Crazy how life gets in the way, even with our best efforts for success - this week: FOILED.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all - I've been back at work about 10 minutes and already starting to think when our next break should be - not good! Hope the day treats you well :)
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @ShyCush6 How were the 2 days with your daughter?

@tazzy2911 Maintaining for 2 years in a huge achievement. Great job pulling out the materials that helped you be successful in the first place!

@katiemonaghue @rebeccanow16 Welcome! Keep posting :)

@bluepoppies777 I'm with you. Honestly at this point I'm just hoping to stagnate instead of gain. Summer is always the hardest for me because there are constant social occasions around food!

@jkhoffe Great picture of your and your daughter! How did girls weekend go?

@Etsar73 Great job not letting one binge distract you from your goal. Binges happen, but it's the journey that matters

@janetay01 Happy Birthday! Learn anything new and fun with your coaching materials?

@ngolden3320 So sorry to hear about your loss, that is devastating. We are here for you!

@GillianSmith2 That is one of my pet peevs too. My body, my decisions, butt out. Frankly I prefer no one comments on my body unless they are telling me I look pretty that day/have a pretty outfit on!

• Rachel0778
    Options
    I'm officially back from vacation and back at it! I tracked every day even though it was completely estimated. I tried to do my best...but eating out every meal does not make it easy! We did a ton of walking/hiking though so I'm hoping that helped!

This month is a struggle and a half, but I'm doing the best I can and not trying to get stressed about it. I want to enjoy my summer and not have it be clouded with fear of the scale. I'm sticking with my plan of not weighing until after the craziness (second week in July) to see what my true gain is instead of these water weight fluctuations from all the extra sodium/sugar.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @health_guard - I did a comparison between my apple watch and my fitbit when it came to steps and the fitbit was SOOOO much better it was crazy so beware. My apple did not pick up any steps it I did not take more than 5 or 6 steps. Drove me crazy. Plus I so missed the challenges so I wear both, hehe

@dana01 - I am so jealous you have a paddle board. I fell in love with that last summer. We live on the finger lakes so I try to get out a couple times a month.

@ngolden3320 - I am sorry about your dad. Just remember to take a breath and time for yourself.

Well DC was a blast. I ate and drank really too much but walked about 15 miles both Friday and Saturday. I got on the scale this morning and I apparently gained 5 pounds in 3 days, haha, I am sure most of this will be going in a couple of days. I can feel the salt hanging on. The good news in the house is still standing and the dogs are living.

The best news in I finally landing tickets to Hamilton - for May of next year but I will take them!!!!

This morning was back to Ezeckel bread and natural peanut butter along with the gym.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Welcome to the newbies, feel free to add me.
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    @ngolden3320 sorry for your loss, we are all here for you anytime you need
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Nicole – Sorry for your loss! Thoughts and prayers for you and your family! God Bless.

Gill – Keep up the great work and ignore everyone’s opinions! You know what is right for you! Keep rocking it girl!

Joy – Hope the weekend and this week is better than last week! Sounds like a derailed week… Been there, done that! Love the meme!

Rachel - Way to keep track and do your best! Good for you!!

Karen – Glad you had a great trip to DC! Way to get back on track!!

Hey Girls! Sorry I was away! Had a great day Thursday with Lexi and some of her friends. Took them to the Wilderness waterpark in the Dells. Thursday night, I played sand volleyball and Friday Lexi and I spent the day shopping for last minute splurges and necessities, packing and finishing laundry! It was a great day! Saturday, I worked on my nephew’s graduation present and went to the party Sat evening. And Sunday, I saw my baby off to DC! She is so excited. She has texted regularly today and through the night unfortunately for both of us. She couldn’t sleep on the bus, so guess I couldn’t sleep at home! LOL! All in all, it’s been ok food wise. Did stop for Cheesecake and got two pieces while we shopped but we shared with Chad when we got home! I haven’t weighed myself as I’m giving it a day. Going walking with a friend tonight, so that will be nice! Catch up and burn some calories together!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi all, i'm still around, just needed a bit more time than I first anticipate to give myself a little breathing space, but I got on the scales today and i've gained 10lb, so it's time to put this trend into reverse and get myself back on track properly, no excuses.

I'm going to up my daily calories for the time being though, ease myself back into things as I think half my problem is I was being too restrictive too soon and just couldn't stick to it, so i'll up my daily intake for a while and see how that goes.

I've got some positive things to be looking forward to in the coming months so i'm trying to concentrate on those, my 5k muddy run, a trip to Barcelona, and now i've booked a nice girly weekend with my friend to Edinburgh for the Christmas markets at the end of the year, all good things I've got to look forward to. Think positive!

Another bonus, RC have started another session on a Wednesday night now, so I will be re-starting their 12 week programme from tomorrow as I feel i've slipped back a bit and could do with the extra training. Plus Wednesday's are so much easier for me as I often get stuck at work late on Mondays, and motivation is much harder to find straight after the weekend and then a long day at work, so mid week training will be good. I'm very much looking forward to getting back out there.

On a side note, as i've gained weight, should I change my profile to reflect this, or just leave it until i've caught back up again? Thoughts please....

I'm so sorry to hear about Nicholes Dad, my heart truly goes out to her, they told us my Mum was making progress, but it seems this is often the way. I hope she looks after herself during this extremely difficult time.

As for everyone else, you're all doing so well, I really admire everyone's dedication to staying on track, and reading your posts has certainly kept me mindful of where I should be, even if i've not managed so well lately.
  • janetay01
    Options
    @rachel0778 - sounds like you got a sound plan for the month that is realistic. We also ate too much on holiday but did tons of walking in the forest and when we went to visit places so I'm happy that it all evened out in the end. Not particularly got going with my coaching stuff yet but I have one of the main books in my bag so will get into my reading on the train home tonight - assuming I don't fall asleep :smile:

@fitequalssmile - glad you had fun in DC. 5lbs - hmmm, sure you'll be seeing them gone pretty quickly!

@shycush6 - glad you saw your girl off ok and that she is so happy about it and sounds like you have a nice week planned. You've made me want cheesecake now though!!

@caritjr - well done for getting the positive stuff in the diary, it's important to have these things to look forward to especially when you've had such a rough time. Personally, I would change my profile as it would make me more accountable and motivate me when I saw it moving back down again - but I think it depends on you and whether it would bother you to see the higher number again.

Well, I'm back at work and managed to make it through yesterday without booking a great big chunk of new annual leave! Because of my husbands job change, he has a lot less holiday left this year than me so I think I'm going to book myself lots of odd days off. Breaks things up a bit but doesn't rub it in his face by taking a whole week off that he can't share! Really pleased - weighed myself over the weekend and my efforts last week did pay off - I've managed to shift 1.2lbs :smiley:

Still pouring with rain here - so miserable for the middle of June. Although makes working slightly easier so not all bad I guess - have a good day all.
  • CariTJR
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Janet - I just thought the same, so I went into settings and put my current weight and changed the setting to give myself a higher daily calories intake, but it's only given me 60 extra calories a day! Hardly worth it. I can't seem to find a way to set it myself...
  • CariTJR
    Options
    And now i've just realised my Fitbit has been unconnect from my account for 2 weeks and I didn't even notice - oh dear!
  • janetay01
    Options
    @caritjr - to be fair, that's what always gets me down about resetting, it doesn't give you enough of an increase in calories to feel worth the pain! I'd forgotten about that!! Boo hiss about the fitbit - I've had terrible trouble syncing mine in the last week so I'm not sure how accurate my stats are. I need to keep working with it though - a couple of colleagues in my team have got them and I'm amazed at the motivation and challenge that you get by comparing step counts!
  • CariTJR
    Options
    @Janet - I've just set it back to what it was before, 60 extra calories is pointless, I'll just have to try and stick to my daily goal and if I go over a bit in the next few weeks try not to get too annoyed with myself about it, just ease myself back in gently...
    Oh yes, Fitbits are good motivators, I know a lot of people think they're just expensive gadgets, but as far as i'm concerned anything that motivate me to get off my backside is a good thing.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile 15 miles?!?! You rock! That temporary bloat will be gone in no time

@ShyCush6 What a great way to see your daughter off before her big trip! Hope you have a fantastic active day

@janetay01 I hope you enjoy your extra days off to the fullest! I love sporadic days off like that, I call it my "mental health time"

@CariTJR I love your plan of taking it slow! You are already going through so much, no sense in adding extra stress with an aggressive calorie deficit right off the bat. If it were me I'd increase my weight on MFP solely because I like the recognition of seeing "Rachel lost 2 lbs" show up in my news feed when I re-lose it :)

We're doing new student orientations this month so I am crazy busy at work! It's definitely helped to reduce how much I eat at work though since I'm not bored snacking. Is it weird how excited I am to get back into my work and healthy eating routine after time away? I seriously feel so much better when I have my good for me foods.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Cari!! Looks like you are in the right place! I agree with Mondays being the hardest, hopefully Wednesday RC will be easier! I would reflect the new weight but each to their own. (Motivation to change it back and get back on track!)
    Janet – Nice job on the loss!!! I took random days here and there too as my husband switched jobs… It really is a nice break with a 3 or 4 day work week here and there!
    Rachel – Glad work is keeping you busy and the snacks away! I hate being bored at work as I tend to snack more! Yikes!!
    Had a good day food wise yesterday and I went for a nice long walk with a friend last night so I am having a good week!

• CariTJR
    Options
    Thanks guys, I have amended my weight to reflect the gain - booooooooo!
    But like you all say, motivation to get it back down again!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @CariTJR you got this! Just think of how good it will feel to celebrate those losses!

@chasidee90 Rock on!!!! Fantastic job!

We had a tornado watch and flooding last night so I had to miss my kickboxing class to battle the water seeping into my living room...boo! Thank goodness we're renting so I don't have to deal with the insurance claim on my floors. I was pretty pissed I had to miss class, especially since we're going to be in North Dakota next weekend for yet another wedding. But healthy me kicked in and I set my alarm for 5am and got 6 miles in before work today. #wycwyc!
  • janetay01
    Options
    @chasidee90 - way to go, that's a great result.

@CariTJR - good move, did you get to running club last night?

@rachel0778 - lousy weather! You are right - one of the benefits of renting is just being able to hand all that sort of stuff to the landlord and say to them 'your house, your problem'!. Good for you with the 6 miles before work - great way to start the day.

I've also hit the ground running today - having worked from home yesterday and been shocked at how low my step count was on my fitbit - the joys of a desk job - I got back from dropping my little one at nursery and hopped on the cross trainer. 45 minutes and a shower later, I'm sat down to work with somewhere in the region of 6,000 steps already in the bank and feeling a bit better about the day. Now to do some work :smiley: