Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have not had a chance to read all the posts on here due to being so busy but it looks like lots of ups and downs for everyone. but you are all still here and that goes to show what a great bunch you all are. Keep up your great work and keep moving forwards.

I managed to do my first 4 mile run today :smiley: when i started this journey i never imagined that running is something i would ever do and it is with thanks to you guys that i decided to give it a try.

I am still trying to lose my last 2 lbs that just will not budge, but hey its just a number right :wink:

I have lots of fun things planned for this summer and one of them is a beach boot camp in August with lots of running on the sand so i need to keep training :smile:
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am 23, 5'8", sedentary bank teller, 360lbs, need to lose about 200lbs, I am getting married in August. I lost my fibit...again haha I want to get the new fitbit blaze.

Congratulations !!! I got married last August :)

I wear my fitbit as a constant accessory. I put it on in the morning before I even put my make up on. I have a charger at home and at work, just in case ;)

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @icecreamheadaches Great accomplishments, way to go!

@bluepoppies777 I seriously love the idea of starting fresh with a new streak. If things don't get back on track in July I might be joining you!

@ShyCush6 *Kick!* Just kidding! But we are totally here for you for motivation to fit in your activity and eat the yummy healthy food

@Spacewitch88 I like tea with unsweetened cashew milk and stevia. It's sweet, warm, and filling and keeps my munchies at bay

@janetay01 Sorry to hear about the flood/unexpected days off. You're always welcome in our rut, although I hope you get out of it soon (and bring me with you!)

@mdog449 Welcome! I'm a fellow fur baby mom. What kind do you have?

@danan01 Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you enjoy your celebration!

@canadianvampyregurl Welcome! Keep posting :)

@bethanykilpatrick17 Welcome! Congrats on your loss!

@KassiesJourney Welcome! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

@GillianSmith2 Way to go on your 4 miler! You'll have to keep us posted on that bootcamp group, it sounds awesome!

• Rachel0778
    Options
    I got the news that my gym membership will basically be doubling in price since they're moving locations and expanding classes. Ugh. I'm a saver so I hate spending more money when I know I could do fitness for free, but I love this gym and the community. My significant other supports me spending the money, since it's basically my hobby, but it's just hard to do when it's such a sharp increase. I'm torn :/
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Janetay – Let’s do this!! We got it!!

Mdog – Welcome!! Fitbits are the bomb! Her eis my user id… we have a group from this thread that do a challenge every week.
    public url: //www.fitbit.com/user/3RJG54

Dana – Hope you saved room for a sangria! =) Happy Anniversary!! Hope it was a great night! Way to go on the calories!!

Canadian – Hope you check in often.. you seem to be on the right track and hopefully we could help the journey along!

Bethany – Keep focused… that’s great! Welcome!

Gill – WAY TO GO!! 4 miles.. you rock! Beach boot camp sounds awesome! Keep up the dedication Gill, you are doing amazing!

Rachel – Seriously I need that!! That stinks about your gym… I would be torn as well. I’m a saver, but if it is helping your life style, maybe there is something else you could cut that would even things out…

I’ve been ok the past few days… I am avoiding the scale… just no motivation to see it! UGH! Keep telling myself I can do this, but then I crave something sweet and cave…
    This weekend is a girls weekend and usually the alcohol destroys everything I strive for but I am going to really try to watch it this weekend… When I over indulge, I get tummy aches, so I know I will feel better and enjoy the weekend that mush more with out a gut ache.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All.

Welcome all newbies. I think I sent you all friend request, however if I missed anyone please feel free to add me.

So on mom news. Landlady in the complex is booting that guys mom out. He isn't supposed to even be staying there as he has been kicked out in the past for "befriending" elderly people and then stealing their meds. I looked on line yesterday and it stated that him and the 2 girls were all "Direct Indictment" I think that means that their cases went straight to the grand jury. I sure hope so. They were all charged with felonies and misdemeanors. My niece and her son are going to be moving in with mom for awhile. That will make us all feel better, and give us time to look into a assisted living place for her. That way we don't jump into anything and she ends up going to a crappy place.

Didn't make it to the gym yesterday, however did go to my dads and helped hubby and son move the dresser and bed and some boxes. That is something I guess.

Rachel- That sucks about the gym, here lately the gym has been my life saver. Helps keep my mind straight.

Dana- Happy Anniversary. 15 years is a great achievement.

Gill- Great job on the 4 mile run. And the beach boot camp sounds good. Everything is better when the beach is involved, including exercise.

Shy- Enjoy you girls weekend. It sound like fun. And if you have a little to much fun this weekend we will be here for you on Monday.

Happy Friday. I don't know how, but we made it. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @jkhoffe I am so glad to hear that. I will keep u in my prayers that everything works out for you and your family.
  • damalackina
    damalackina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the group. I've been on my fitness pal for a couple years actually- just reset all of my goals today because I never want to see those numbers again. I'm down 20# want to lose about 30 more. I'm a chef, constantly around food so my will power needs to be on point. I could use the extra motivation and hope I can help motivate others too!
  • SaritaWolf
    SaritaWolf Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I'll do my best to motivate you as I go through the process myself!!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @ShyCush6 I hope you have a great girls weekend! I know how you feel, social events centered around food and alcohol are hard to plan for when we haven't been on our game. I hope you're able to make good choices for your stomach!

@ngolden3320 I'm so glad a family member is able to stay with your Mom. You have to be a special level of evil to prey on the elderly, I'm glad that man will no longer be anywhere near the complex.

@health_guard Sadly since I live in a small(ish) town, no other place offers the classes that I want. I really shouldn't complain since it is still small town pricing so it's $20 less than what I would be paying in Minneapolis...but it's still a LOT to pay for a gym. I guess that's the price to pay for specialty classes. And my SO is right, I can't give up something that I love for a workout that I do because I have to.

@jkhoffe That is fantastic news!!!! I am so glad to hear he's up for working things out!

Welcome @damalackina and @SaritaWolf! Please keep posting with us!

Happy Friday!!! I am so short on sleep it's not even funny, but I need to rally since my significant other is taking me out on a date tonight :) I pre-tracked everything to make sure I stay on point.

Next weekend we're going to a huge nerd conference (tons of alcohol and junk food everywhere and limited sleep) so I really want to stay on point so I don't feel gross going into the conference. I'm planning on getting most of my meals from Trader Joe's and our hotel room has a fridge so I should hopefully be able to stay fairly on point, but I know I'll be eating and drinking more than I normally do. My old gym is near the hotel and every night includes a dance party so at least I know I'll be staying active! This is the last big social event for awhile so I just have to make it through one more before my schedule finally normalizes! My first weigh in is still scheduled for July 12th when I can assess how I did in scale-less June and I'm doing the best I can to make sure the number doesn't jump too much when I hop on!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    cig28dz7jsfz.jpg

Happy Meme Friday!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm always down for more friends! I log in daily,I am -usually- good on the weekends and I try to get on twice a day to at least comment and post of my friends stuff! I am 24 years old, I have lost 130 pounds, I am looking to lose 5 to 20 more pounds and I have two races coming up next week. I use MFP a lot for support because my friend and family don't really get it.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Deep breath, so this I am a little nervous about this. If I write it, it becomes real.

Hi, everyone. Thank you for sharing your journey with everyone. I have struggled with my weight since I was a teenager. Never really dieted or did anything about it. I didn't mind, it was just who I was. About a decade ago, I did the whole life change thing and lost a little over 50 pounds, Then I ended up pregnant, and could no longer work out. 7 years, 2 kids and going through 3 years of hell I am back to my all time highest weight. I have been having health issues, and on Monday the doctor told me I needed to lose at least 10% of my body weight in 6 months. My weight is now causing health issues, and if I don't make changes they could become serious to life threatening. So here I am.

I joined this website back in January 2015 at the request of my older sister, but never did anything.
    So this Tuesday, I opened it up, logged in my weight, set my goal for 25 pounds in 6 months and started counting my calories.

The basics about me: 39 years old, 3 kids. 16, 7 and 5. I work full time, school part time (except in the summer) and until recently a single mom.

For the first 3 days, I have managed to do my food log, and stay on the recommended calories. I have tried increasing my steps. I have an app on my phone for the time being. It seems pretty accurate.

I look forward to being a part of this community and sharing the journey of becoming a better me with all of you.
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,317 Member
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 , I didn't do no sugar at all, I just didn't eat desserts and sweet baked goods. The result wasn't as great as I had originally thought. The first week I was down 3 pounds. The second week it kept going down and the day before my official weigh-in I was down another 1.4 pounds (that's when I posted about it), but the next day it was back up for no reason and I actually gained 0.6 pounds. :(

@jkhoffe I'm so sorry...I hope that your husband comes around and will do counseling with you.

As an emotional eater, the undeserved gain put me in a funk again and I've been struggling to hang on to any semblance of control this week. Sigh. Just trying to remind myself to keep on going.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, MFPeeps! We made it.

Nichole - thank god your niece can move in with your mom, that will give you a huge sense of relief knowing she will be cared for until all the decisions can be made!

Jen - thank god your hubs turned the corner and you guys are making progress! Once when things were a bit rocky with my hubs, I asked a friend who was married for a decade longer than me what advice she could give me. She said "one word: commitment". So stay committed to trying, to your family, and to working through the tough times. It will be 12 years for me in December and I'm so glad that we've weathered the ups and downs!

@bobsburgersfan I am going to try the no sweets thing I think, but I have to work up to it! LOL! and don't be discouraged easily, this is a long journey (for some of us), and if it was easy to just drop 3 lbs a week and stay there, we'd all be thin and wouldn't be on this site! We all know it can be frustrating, and it takes commitment to persevere through the ups and downs of the scale, our mentality, and body changes. Maybe only weigh once every week on a certain day, or every two weeks, or once a month - until you feel more comfortable. I personally don't weigh every day or I would go mad!

Oh man, Rachel - double the price for your gym pass?! GAH!! If mine went up double, it would be $95 a month!! I put my gym pass on hold for July and August (can put it on hold and pay $10/month). What about doing that for the summer months when it is nice and you can exercise outside? then go back to paying in the fall? Just an idea. I'm too busy camping and having company etc in the summer to make it worth while. So I will be biking and hiking and walking the pooch - if it would ever stop raining! LOL

So I had my yearly physical this morning. My doc was really happy that I've lost over 30 lbs, but she told me I have high blood pressure!!! What in the world?? She said if it was 2 pts higher, she would have had to prescribe me medication! I'm glad I've lost, and I do have more to lose for sure, but MAN!!! She said no salt, and lose weight is the answer. So I'm definitely re-motivated, with my new streak and that news, I've just got to buckle down and succeed. Your health is your wealth!! :)

Hope everyone else has a great weekend. Newbies, feel free to add me! Shy, have a fun girl's weekend!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
  • mdog449
    mdog449 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Tough weekend. Haven't really been logging, and had a few drinks at a friend's birthday party (don't even want to know how many calories). I need a good kickstart to get back on track. Tomorrow is grocery day, so healthy foods here I come!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    j1ex4ov43hst.jpg
    Well we did it! Color Me Rad 2016! That is my two cousins and my Daughter with me! I'm on the end
  • catapennarolli96
    catapennarolli96 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Catalina
    Physical therapy student..
    I've got 'bout 60 lbs to loose! It won't be easy but a group sounds awesome :) and I'd love to be a part of it