2/2-1.2 miles with Stella +6.9 miles solo
    2/3-1 mile with Stella+2.3 shakeout miles
    2/4-6.2 miles Cyclones Frozen 10K-PR!
    2/5-14 miles
    2/6-rest day
    2/7-5.7 miles
    2/8-7.5 miles
    2/9-6 miles
    2/10-unplanned rest day due to nagging hammie. Lots of yoga and foam rolling
    2/11-20 miles
    2/12-4 gimpy recovery miles
    2/13-Rest Day
    2/14-Unplanned rest day for hamstring
    2/15-Unplanned rest day for hamstring/travel12/16-3.4 miles-easin' back into it at the beach
    2/17-4.5 miles
    2/18-2.1 miles12/19-6.0 miles
    2/20-10.2 miles
    2/21-4.4 miles-1.4 miles with Stella + 3 miles solo

@garygse-Congrats on the HM PR...80/20 rules!! No doubt you will get a huge PR at your race!
    @Elise4270- Did you say MFP MRC destination race??? I'm in! Can you imagine everyone here showing up for a race together? That would be awesome. And if it's Hawaii, then hell yeah!
    @MNLittleFinn - Great speed workout today! You are doing fantastic!

exercise.png
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    I've got the "Farm to Pub" on Saturday, which is 16.4 km.
    What's your best time for 10 miles?

My best 10 miles: 1h 43m. Close to best 10k in same run: 1h 1min
    (Training run during the freak warm weather a few weeks ago).
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    This damn sinus infection is kicking my *kitten*. Worst I've had in a while. I worked from home yesterday, and postponed my scheduled 6 mile run. still feeling like crud today, but I'm in the office. I had to see a different doc on Monday, not my regular, and she gave me a course of antibiotics that's only 3 days(!!!). So, I just emailed my regular doc asking for an extension, because this infection is definitely not out of here yet. Still, I am determined to get a run in. I'm medicating, I've been resting and hydrating, and hopefully the exercise will help loosen up my head a bit more (often that happens). So, I am planning on a super easy 6 miles on the dreadmill at the gym today. Gonna take out any weather and hill factors, and just keep it slow. But I need to get my miles in!!!!!! Lol.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »

My best 10 miles: 1h 43m. Close to best 10k in same run: 1h 1min
    (Training run during the freak warm weather a few weeks ago).

I was pretty fatigued after the 10k though (hadn't run 10 miles in quite a while, and return leg was slightly uphill) and I started taking more and more frequent walking breaks - so the time difference is greater than it should be.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    snowyne wrote: »

Still fighting some chest cold virus & feel like something the cat dragged in (despite getting lots of rest). Haven't been sick like this in a long time. No fever, just feeling creaky & chilly. If I don't improve by tomorrow, the it's off to the Dr.! I miss running... :/

sorry to say I'm in week two of a chesty cold thing. headachy, chesty, coughing up stuff, start to feel better then get worse the next day, generally finding things hard work.

I'm FINALLY starting to come out of it (I hope), but I haven't run since a 9 miler ten days ago. I'm supposed to do a hilly off-road 10k on Sunday, but that's looking doubtful - do I run it anyway, or keep resting so I don't go downhill again?

Hope yours clears quicker than mine is!! Any longer and it WILL start to have an impact on my Half Marathon training.

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Speaking of avoiding things on the trails as you run, I read an article yesterday that someone in Ashville NC over the weekend purposely went into a park and planted 40 nails on the trail. One runner had their foot impaled by one. What in the world is the world coming to.

http://www.khou.com/news/weird/runners-foot-impaled-by-nail-purposely-placed-on-trail-40-total-found-in-park/410963717
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @osubuckeye906 My guy's office is going to call and make the appointment so until I get that I won't know how it will affect it. I'm trying to read up on it but haven't really seen anything that covers the issue(s), I've also been so busy at work I haven't had time to really research yet or better yet ask our running community online :smile:
    @orphia the angiogram showed the tears

At first I didn't want to do the whole MRI thing, because it costs me almost $900 since I'm not at my deductible yet, but like he said better to know EVERYTHING that is wrong upfront so it was worth it.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

I gather that's 10 miles, but down here that's not even noticed. But I think Strava notes 10 mile PBs if you do one.

I don't think in those terms and need some reference.

My best 10 mile time is 1:52. I am, however, a slowish runner (around 11:00/mile).
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Ugh! @stoshew71 That is horrible!

@girlinahat and @katiejane83 Hope you both are completely well soon!
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Goal: 100k

2/2: 3.1k easy, incline
    2/4: 1.2k -abandoned
    2/7: 1.5k -run/walk adductor testing, pain slightly
    2/8: 2k -easy run, so easy a lvl 1 zombie could catch me. Adductor behaved better.
    2/9: 1.5k -warmup for strength training-improvement
    2/10: 6k -easy, testing adductor went good
    2/12: 6.5k -easy
    2/13: 3.5k easy + 3k bicycle
    2/17: 6.4k easy
    2/18: 2k -warmup for strength training-
    2/19: 9.5k
    2/20: 1.5k -warmup for strength training-
    2/21: 5.1k -cool down from strength thraining and bicycle-
    2/22: 10.6k -intervals ~5:10 min/km-

60.4/100k

Stay free of injuries!
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    snowyne wrote: »

Still fighting some chest cold virus & feel like something the cat dragged in (despite getting lots of rest). Haven't been sick like this in a long time. No fever, just feeling creaky & chilly. If I don't improve by tomorrow, the it's off to the Dr.! I miss running... :/

sorry to say I'm in week two of a chesty cold thing. headachy, chesty, coughing up stuff, start to feel better then get worse the next day, generally finding things hard work.

I'm FINALLY starting to come out of it (I hope), but I haven't run since a 9 miler ten days ago. I'm supposed to do a hilly off-road 10k on Sunday, but that's looking doubtful - do I run it anyway, or keep resting so I don't go downhill again?

Hope yours clears quicker than mine is!! Any longer and it WILL start to have an impact on my Half Marathon training.

@girlinahat -- Thank you. That stinks! So sorry it's lingered that long. My brand of crud sounds very similar to yours & I'm afraid it may last as long, too. Every day I cycle through feeling so-so and then right back to awful. I have to believe you'll be back to running soon!

@KatieJane83 -- Ugh. Sinus infections are the worst...so painful & makes it impossible to focus on anything else! Hope you're better soon!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I had to see a different doc on Monday, not my regular, and she gave me a course of antibiotics that's only 3 days(!!!)..

Not to get all lecture-y, but if it is a Z-Pak, it is only supposed to be three days. It stays in your system a lot longer and actually works pretty well for sinus infection / ear infection.

Either way, hope you feel better soon!

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hey @kristinegift I may be in your neighborhood over Labor Day weekend. My nephew is getting married in Princeton at St. Paul's Catholic church on Nassau St. Is that near you? Of course when we got the "Save the Date" card yesterday my first thought was to find some running routes. I've always been intrigued by the tow paths you run so that will likely be the destination for at least one of my runs. I might be getting ahead of myself...I don't even know if we're going yet, but I want to be prepared if we do. I still need to talk this over with my wife. I sure hope we can make it.

@skippygirlsmom so sorry about the MRI results. I guess the good thing is now you know the full extent of the injury and can focus on doing what you need to do to get it fixed and get back to running. It may be a long haul but I'm confident you can do it.

@lporter229 my stretching has fallen way off. I don't stretch at all before running. I just start by walking fast, then a slow run, then slowly increase my pace until I'm going at my target pace. Stretching after....eh...I sometimes do it, mainly if there's something that feels like it needs to be stretched. I'm not convinced that it's necessary, though I need to study the issue more before I come to my own conclusion. But yeah, 10 minutes of stretching reduces the time you have to run by about 10 minutes and I know where I'd rather spend my time.

@HonuNui the Volcano Marathon does sound rather intriguing...

@garygse that's great that you're seeing positive results! It's a great feeling when you hit a PR during a training run.

@snowyne, @girlinahat and @Katiejane83, you folks get better soon!

@Stoshew71 I saw that article. Un-flippin'-believable how sick some people are.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Last night was supposed to be my weeknight long run of 9 miles, but a lower calf pain in my right leg made me decide to swap Tuesday & Wednesday runs. So...6 easy miles last night and planning on 9 miles tonight.

The run last night put my Brooks Glycerin's over 300 miles, which is my target for shoe life. The cushioning actually feels pretty good in these yet but the there are holes forming on the upper of both shoes, right above the ends of my big toes. I guess that's a sign I need to cut my toenails more often? I used Shoe Goo to seal one hole and will use it on the other and see how many more miles I can get. I did get 350 miles out of my first pair of Glycerins before I turned them into screw shoes.

I'm now at 128 miles out of a 170 mile goal. If I'm able to run my plan as it is now, I'll finish the month with 177 miles. I have just 12 miles left on my trail mile goal and I should exceed that easily.

d81pg4schyms.jpg
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

2/1/17 - 6 miles

2/3/17 - 12 miles
    2/4/17 - 7 miles
    2/5/17 - 7 miles

2/7/17 - 7.5 miles
    2/8/17 - 6 miles

2/10/17 - 12 miles
    2/11/17 - 4.5 miles
    2/12/17 - 7.5 miles

2/14/17 - 7 miles
    2/15/17 - 7.2 miles

2/17/17 - 14 miles
    2/18/17 - 3.25 miles
    2/19/17 - 7.5 miles
    2/20/17 - 2 miles
    2/21/17 - 3.25 miles
    2/22/17 - 8 miles
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    karllundy wrote: »
    I had to see a different doc on Monday, not my regular, and she gave me a course of antibiotics that's only 3 days(!!!)..

Not to get all lecture-y, but if it is a Z-Pak, it is only supposed to be three days. It stays in your system a lot longer and actually works pretty well for sinus infection / ear infection.

Either way, hope you feel better soon!

Ah, that is interesting, thank you!

I am on the Z-Pak (I had been using Levaquin the last few times, but I requested a change b/c of reading about it increasing chances of tendon ruptures, aka my nightmare, lol). I have taken the Z-Pak in the past but it's always been the 5 day pack. I never even knew there was a 3 day pack until this prescription. So, I did a little googling:

3-day: 3x 500mg

5-day: 1x 500mg, 4x 250mg

• Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Hurried day today, only got a 5k run in this morning.
    exercise.png
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    In for Feb. I hope I don't forget to post back like I always do.

I didn't forget. Came down with a cold.

Goal: 120 mi (with goal of at least 2mi, daily)
    To date: 94.64 mi
    Remaining: 25.36 mi

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Well, I finally did it. I set up an assessment with a personal trainer at my gym. I want to hear what he has to say about incorporating more strength training into my routine, and what I can do to drop the last 15 pounds I need to drop that won't seem to come off.

I have this horrible feeling adding strength training will mean I'll have to cut back on miles. But maybe not. I guess I'll have to see what the trainer recommends. All I know is that I've been seriously neglecting strength training in favor of running as much as I can. Maybe I can find a balance.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty When I first lost "all my weight" over a year's time I was a certain size and was happy with that as my end result. But over time as I continued working out and strength training, I ended up a whole size smaller at that same weight. So assuming that 15lbs means a pants size or two for you, definitely do the strength training. :)

@dpwellman Geez, another one with a cold. Feel better soon!