Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    22lbs is wonderful!!! Congratulations!!! I have lost about 13lbs in 55days. Not as great as you but I am still proud and amazed by it. I am a little younger than you. I will be 36 next month. I have been married for almost 14 years and also have no children. Is it by choice that you have no children? It is for me/us. My husband is also obese and could stand to lose 100+lbs but he refuses to count his calories. He just wants to ride my coat tails and go for long walks on his days off work. I use to belong to the YMCA. I like to swim laps. But the pool was always crowded so I stopped going and canceled my membership. Some day I would like to run a half marathon ... the Disney Princess Half Marathon to be exact. My oldest sister got me to attempt the DPHM in 2011. She came to my house 3x/wk for the 7 months leading up to the event. I was lighter back then, but only by about 5-10lbs less than I am now. I only made it a little over 5k of the way till the bus picked me up. But I tried and I am proud of my courage to do that and I want to continue to try until that dream comes true! <3 "Dream Big Little Princess" I love Disney!

@MermaidPrincessRach 13lbs is great as well! As long as the scale and measurements are going down I am happy .. doesn't matter if it takes a bit longer! Losing weight and getting healthy is not easy .. at least for me! I love to eat and I didn't get to this weight because of sickness, pregnancy or any other reason ... just because I love eat .. I stuffed myself during 15 years. If you put me in from of a hamburger and a salad ... I will always chose the hamburger (and better if it comes with fries!). Now I am trying to learn to eat healthy and keeping away all the junk food ... today for example, for the 1st time ever I had cauliflower rice with onions, mushrooms and carrots, super healthy, not many calories and actually it was enough. And exercise doesn't come natural for me either ... so its great that you have as a goal to run a half marathon .. that is amazing (and how fun at Disney!!)!! My sister got into running as a way to loosing weight and she was able to shed the pounds and now she runs almost daily. So 1 day at the time and soon enough you will be finishing your 1st half marathon! :)
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options

"S0 - if you want to join in ,,, go ahead and perhaps put your goal at being 199 pounds on April 22 ... And ... I must agree with you ... you need to be eating a very slight deficit under TDEE - maybe only 10%. Have you been able to verify that your current TDEE is 1600 a day? (I used my TDEE calculator using your info and it came back that you are underfed at 1600 given you exercise 5 hours a week ... how intense is that exercise? But, if the exercise is not making you break into a sweat or raising your heart rate high, then those calories are right on the mark.) I know my own calories had to be adjusted downward this week because I've stalled and had a slight gain in the past 10 days. But, in my case, exercise is not something I am physically capable of doing much of, if any. ( I need to use a walker if I'll be walking any further than aobut 100 feet, and cannot stand up for longer than 10 minutes at a time without my legs and feet going numb because of spinal issues. For me, to be able to be up and about for 15 to 45 minutes at a stretch is awesome activity ... with rest periods in between ... and not every day.

PS ... I am optimistic minded when I set my goal ... the weight I am striving for is the one I set for myself for that week of April back when I made my annual goal on Jan 1 ... :)[/quote]

Took your advice, @Nikion901 - joined the challenge and set my 4/22 goal at 199lbs. what the heck - can't hurt, might help ;-). To answer your questions, MFP set my daily calorie at 1700 for losing 1/2 lb a week, being "sedentary." I rarely actually eat 1700 cals - usually it's closer to 1600. But there may be occasional days (like this past weekend, which turned into 3+ days of celebrating my birthday with family and friends) when I'm not even bothering to count the calories. That doesn't happen very often, but when it does I figure that over time it balances out. Yes, I do exercise at a fairly energetic clip. On "nice" days I take my dog for a 3 mile early morning walk, over hill & dale. We get sweaty, and tired, and both of our tongues hang out at the end. Some of it - on flat ground - we actually run. It takes us about an hour (I do NOT understand why walking on a treadmill at 3.0mph feels like I'm standing still, but that's another issue altogether). The heart rate counter on my Fitbit shows +/- 132, which is approx where I want to be. On icy/rainy/crappy days I go to the gym and use either a treadmill (at 4.5 mph) or stationary bike or elliptical. Again, lots of sweat is involved and HR at +/-132. I do this at least 5 days/wk. On weekends, however, my husband and I often go for long hikes in the woods, or bike rides. I don't so much consider this "exercise" cuz it's just too much fun. But of course, calories are burned...

I am sure that as time goes on, I probably will continue to lose some weight. Just not at the steady clip I've enjoyed over the past 10.5 mos - probably just at a much slower rate. It's OK! And at some point the weight loss will just stop altogether, and I will be happy with that - wherever it lands me. That's my plan, anyway.

@Nikion901 - living with your physical limitations must be very difficult and I feel for you! And I admire you for hanging in there!!! Am wondering - are you able to swim? Might that help? Of course, you'd need an indoor pool within a reasonable distance, which is not the case for everyone (the nearest one to me is a 40 min drive). But if at all possible for you, maybe?

• RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,974 Member
    Options
    Name: Rachael (aka Rach or Mermaid)
    Height: 66"

Start Weight: 293.0 (W Feb 22)
    Goal Weight: <285.0 (A Apr 22)

Weigh-ins on Wednesdays
    February 22: 293.0
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15: **
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

**birthday week

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am in!

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22): 208.3
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22)197.0

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 208.3
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:
  • Snap___Dragon
    Snap___Dragon Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @Misnomer971 - yay! You're so close. We're actually very clear to the same weight right now. We can totally do this. I have been at this point for ages so it feels like neverland for me too.

I maintained this week (today is my weigh-in day). I was hopeful that I'd have another loss but kind of expected this. I am at the end of Aunt Flo ( :'( ). I also am on day three of a terrible cold. My face and body hurt. My nose and eyes are itchy and runny. My nose and lips are dry and chapped from blowing my nose every two minutes. Oh, and I'm sleep deprived because my 14 month old who already sleeps terribly is sleeping even worse because she is also sick.

I feel like total poo and I'm trying to avoid the munching on junk. As long as I stay under or right near my intake limit I'll be happy.

Hope you all have a great week.
  • Snap___Dragon
    Snap___Dragon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Name: Snap Dragon
    Height: 5'4.5"

Start Weight: 210 (week of Feb 22)
    Goal Weight: 205 (Week of April 22)

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 210
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:
  • fleeflee715
    fleeflee715 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can people add me! lol I don't know how to add anyone! Need some motivation
  • debbieinva
    debbieinva Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Got to love a challenge!

Name: Debbie
    Height:5'3

Started Jan 29 280.3
    Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 269.2
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 257

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 269,2
    March 1:
    March 8: *
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5: **
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:
    * vacation week (Amish food!)
    ** Happy Birthday to me!!

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:
  • debbieinva
    debbieinva Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901
    I have the same problem between spinal stenosis and just being so out of shape I can not stand for more than 5 min.. so for the last 3 weeks I have been going to a store so I can hang onto a cart!! I am able to walk for a good 20 or 30 minutes being able to rest my back when I need to.... I am going to go slow and built my strength... a little more each day...
  • Misnomer971
    Misnomer971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @Misnomer971 - yay! You're so close. We're actually very clear to the same weight right now. We can totally do this. I have been at this point for ages so it feels like neverland for me too.
    Oh yay! Someone in almost literally the same boat. :) I hope you and your baby girl both feel better soon!!

And I hope you won't mind if I copy your challenge, because it seems appropriate:

Name: Jenny
    Height: 5'3

Start Weight: 210 (week of Feb 22)
    Goal Weight: 205 (Week of April 22)

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 210
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Name: Barb
    Height: 5' 3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 241.6
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 228.5

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 241.6
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:

I am being very positive with my goal! :) Hope that works. I had company from Friday thru Monday and did great, then when they left I kind of messed up. I ate the leftovers of the things I had for them, like dips and pretzels, ice cream, etc.. I'm annoyed with myself because I was very good while they were here and also got lots of exercise. I have kept track of what I've eaten and counted it so I really haven't been over in calories too much but all the sodium has me very bloated and feeling "fat"! :(

Thanks Niki for the challenge!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    :):):):) -- UPDATE -- :D:D:D we Have 12 * TWELVE * participating ... ;) WHOOP --- WHOOP ... whoever wants to join our little RobinEgg's - "Need to lose 100 pounds-Robins Thread" impromptu weight loss challenge, come on!

:)>:):D:)<3:p

Wednesday Wish ...

So, I've read several wishes from folks who miss the days when we had challenges to motivate us on this journey to losing 100 pounds or more. (or less for those of us who've gotten there on this thread).

Well ... your wish has been granted! :s

Here is a weight loss challenge to get you from now to through to Earth Day ... April 22, which happens to be a Friday ,,, but you can weigh in on any day of that week and report it ... as we all have different schedules.

The format for the posting each week is shown below ... just copy it for yourself somewhere, or take the long route and find your previous post with this info and quote it, then fill in the new weeks weight ... however you want to do it.

The nicest part about this challenge is that you are the one making a committment to make a public accounting of where your weight is trending ... and it gives you something to focus on as the Spring season comes to life.
    For those who celebrate it ... Easter falls near the end of this challenge. For those who don't ... Earth Day is a great holiday to get into better shape for!

Name:

Start Weight (week of Feb 22)
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22)

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22:
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:

Good Luck. I hope you join in and have some fun with it. :smile:

PS ... I was so surprised and very happily so to see so many wanting to compete against themselves and measure up openly and honestly with one another ... it's a good start. Maybe we'll have more join in the fun. Ya'know ... don't cha, party-pooer that I can be, there are no prizes awarded ... just the pride of sticking to a plan and making it work.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. Being somewhat ambitious because I want to get to my previous low that I maintained for over 2 years before adding about 15 lbs.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"
    Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 198.4
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 185

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 198.4
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hum....I posted this first thing this morning but I don't see it anymore so here is goes again.

I'm in for the challenge!! Here is to helping the earth one pound at a time!!

Name: Jessica
    Height:5'6"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 194.0
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 185.0 lbs

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 194.0
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15**:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:
    **birthday week. Preexisting goal to be 190 by this week.

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    - Think Thin Thursday by Judith Beck

Make sure you have a list of distractions you can use the next time you have a craving. Get your mind off the food and onto something else, and the craving WILL go away.

@everyone ... we are a Bakers' Dozen for our EarthDay weight reporting challenge ... Good going to us all ... Jessica, Niki, mtumale, Jeanie, Helene, Brigit, Rachael, Ana, Snap Dragon, Debbie, Jenny ,Barb, Karen :p
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)

Name: Rachel
    Height:5'6"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 208.8 lbs
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 194 lbs

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 208.8 lbs
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »

Make sure you have a list of distractions you can use the next time you have a craving. Get your mind off the food and onto something else, and the craving WILL go away.

Love this idea, I was having that issue yesterday. I kept trying to convince myself I had eaten less calories than my daily allotment, so I logged everything, saw I was a little bit over, and that settled it for me, lol. Sometimes I just need a distraction, though!

• RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,974 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »

@Nikion901 I think that's part of why they are called 'starving artists'... they are so distracted making art. :lol: LOL works for me too but I am nowhere near 'starving'. I could live for weeks or even months on my 'reserves'.
  • SparklyBubblyBabe
    SparklyBubblyBabe Posts: 96 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good luck guys!
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Think thin Thursday is easy for me today. Am scheduled for a colonoscopy tomorrow, and today is "prep day." You all know what means. And no, I'm not tracking today! Lol