Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• elpurple
    elpurple Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm back here again, lots to lose and in need of some similarly motivated people. Please add me :)
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I will join the challenge tomorrow when I weigh in. I'm really excited and thanks @Nikion901 for getting the wheels rolling!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: I’m so glad tomorrow is Friday. It’s been a tough week at work. I know I’m new to many of you even though I was in this group for almost 3 years. I was absent for the past year so a LOT of new faces. I work for the corporate office of Honey Baked Ham. We have food cuttings ALL the time. Today was pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry orange relish. A few weeks ago it was 10 different samples of mashed potatoes AND macaroni & cheese. Talk about carb overload!! Most of the time I just chew and spit. Luckily, I did a HIT & Arms class this morning so burned about 450 calories. Thank goodness! Overall, my eating and exercise has been good just stress has been boiling a bit with work. Need to calm it back down. Work/life balance!!!

@Nikion – Thanks for the challenge!! I’m in too.

Name: Susan
    Height: 5'7"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 257 lbs
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 242 lbs

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 257 lbs
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    elpurple wrote: »
    I'm back here again, lots to lose and in need of some similarly motivated people. Please add me :)

No adding on this thread ... it's an open book ... so bookmark the page and come back as often as you like.

:):)
    @campfirequeen1 Looking forward to having you and glad to have @susan2396 and @gullagr on board ...

AFM -- Thursday Truth ... I'm eating breakfast foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner today ... must be needing some comfort.
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Fitness Friday - I've made the decision that I am going to continue my C25K training (currently on Week 6 of 8) for the additional 6 weeks to aim for the 10K mark. If I stick to the training as it is planned that would put me at the 10K mark by the end of April. Soooo... since I'll have a 5 week buffer, I've also decided to register to run the Ottawa Race Weekend 10K race at the end of May! I'm so happy that I have gotten back into running and am looking forward to running a race again (holy moly - it's been 3 years since the last one!!) :)
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    Name: Holly
    Height:5'3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 267.0 lbs
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 251.0 lbs

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 267.0 lbs
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month

Yesterday was a sink back and slept most of the day but when I was awake i didn't eat anything good, well not good for me. I ate Russell Stovers Chocolates and oven baked chicken nuggest. So even though I didn't eat much or move much at least I didn't gain. I'm still 5 pounds from my lowest. The coughing spells are much better so for Friday Fitness I plan to head to the Y for some sort of activity, don't know what it will be yet, but at the very least some walking on the track and maybe a sit in the sauna to make these old joints feel good.
    @gullagr That sounds like so much fun! Good for you!
    @birgitkwood I'm all smiles that you decided to join us in the challenge!
    @Nikion901 Thanks again!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Friday Fitness ... another day spent sitting at the computer desk instead of standing at the kitchen sink. Well ... I did stand for a little while ... long enough to bake some pancakes for me first meal.

I thought I was doing really good by only making a small amount ... 100 grams of flour, 1 egg, 1 cup of milk, a couple tablespoons of oil between the batter and greasing the papertowel that I swiped across the skillet between pancakes, a pinch of salt, a teaspoonof baking powder. Then I made a fast blueberry sauce by microwaving a serving of blueberries (2/3cup) with 2 teaspoons of real maple syrup and pouring over the top. .... And then I logged the ingredients into my food diary .... and find that 2/3 of my calories got used up by that meal. Drats ... double drats ... I was hoping for fried fish and potatoes tonight. Guess it will be beet and cabbage salad with a can of tuna fish instead.

So now it is 2 PM and I wanted to update my diary and take a quick peek at the thread before I do what has been begging to get done ... scrub the kitchen. I have been wanting to bake either an apple/walnut cake or a banana bread for weeks ... and won't do it until I have a spotless space to work. Who wants to place bets that the cakes will or won't get baked? My money is on they won't! :)
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    @Nikion901 - I have faith in you but it would not be a good thing for me to bake when I need to watch calories! I would eat myself silly! Scrub that kitchen and work off a few pancake calories! I'm trying to motivate myself to take that first dreaded step out the door to do some walking or going to the gym. It's a beautiful day and I'm feeling great, but the call of the bed is strong! I promise it won't win!
  • frostgold2013
    frostgold2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my first time here. I weigh 230 pounds and want to lose 100. Last time I loss some weight was almost two years ago. I was at 205. I had done 21day fix. Then I got off track when I had a minor injury. Doctor told me not to exercise to recuperate but that was a downward spiral as I just got lazy. So here I am at 230 pounds and 5 ft 3 inches. Feeling like I need to just get the ball rolling. So hi everyone! So glad to be here.
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am in. Hoping that posting will help keep me accountable.

Name: LaDana
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22). 295
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 285

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 295
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Checking in .... today has not been bad, went to the gym and so far food has been OK.
    However, this week was not great though in terms of eating habits .... I am addicted to stacy pita chips and this other pretzels that I found that are bacon and jalapeño flavor ... now I am kicking myself for buying them because of course I was eating them non stop ... so note to self: do not buy them again!
    Monday I need to weight myself so will try to focus on exercising and my nutrition this weekend so no more chips nor baking for me .... want to see that scale going down again!
    Have a great weekend everyone! :smile:
  • Snap___Dragon
    Snap___Dragon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Checking in after a pretty good day. My cold was a lot better yesterday and even better today. Which is good because I worked today.

I have been a stay at home mom for a couple years but recently had been itching to get out of the house a bit and maybe make some money while I was at it. I got licenced and started substitute teaching for my local school district on some of my hubby's days off. I've been doing it a little over a month and I love it. Today I subbed a full day of high school home economics.

My mom, who had always been a normal weight, is coming to town tomorrow morning and staying the night to hang with me and my girls. My dad is treating her and I to pedicures and my 8 year old to a manicure tomorrow afternoon. Super excited. I only hope I can say, "no, let me make a healthy lunch instead of you taking us out to lunch at (insert restaurant here)". At the very least, if we do go out I need to choose wisely.

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll try to check-in this weekend but my mom keeps us pretty busy usually which is a good thing. :p

• JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    checking in. Went to the Y today, did 40 min strength training and 15 min cool down on recumbent cross trainer. Doing good!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @Snap___Dragon --that's great that you are substitute teaching. In my area, our school are always short subs. In fact, it's gotten to the point where it's become almost impossible to take a day off last minute, like if we wake up sick, b/c there won't be anyone to teach our classes. Even personal days planned well in advance can be iffy. One of my colleagues put in for a personal day today--she entered it into the system weeks ago--and she was texting me last night in a panic b/c there was still no sub assigned to her classes. Our poor secretary then has to find teachers who are willing to give up prep periods or lunch to fill in. It's really gotten to be a huge problem.

@JeanieWww --awesome job getting to the gym for a workout!!

@happygirlxxx --that's so funny that mentioned Stacy's pita chips. We had a baby shower for one of my colleagues yesterday, and I brought the pita chips and hummus b/c I refuse to buy them for home. I kept munching on them throughout the past 2 days. And honey mustard pretzels. And cake. And more cake. I was way over calories yesterday due to the cake. Today was better, but needless to say I was glad it was Friday so I could get away from all those yummy snacks.
  • berilt82
    berilt82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Am new here. Just starting out one more time re weight loss so probably some of this will be water loss.

Name:BB
    Height: 170cm /5'7"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 128.5
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22)123

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22:128.5kg/283lbs
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Hi everyone ... :):):):) -- UPDATE -- :D:D:D as of this morning, Saturday .. we have 18 folks signed up for the weight-loss reporting challenge I offered up on Wednesday. Our first weigh-in is 'the week of ' March 1st - which is a Wednesday, but you can weigh in on any day of the week that includes the Wednesday if you would like to continue in the challenge.

That said ... how do we know which day starts the week? ... Well, if we go by the suggested posting that have always existed for this thread (see page 1) ... then it would seem that Monday starts the week and Sunday ends it ... so you can use that as your guidance.

As of this morning, our "18 Strong" self-challengers include: Jessica, Niki, mtumale, Jeanie, Helene, Brigit, Rachael, Ana, Snap Dragon, Debbie, Jenny ,Barb, Karen, Rachel, Susan, Holly, LaDana, and BB.

:)>:):D:)<3:pensive:

AFM - Saturday Success ... Even though my weight is not budging but staying within a narrow band of about 2 pounds I am encouraged because my clothes are fitting looser. Yesterday I was able to put on a pair of cotton pants and cotton courderoy zip athletic jacket that I have not been able to fit in for a decade. Now I'm glad I kept a few pieces of clothes in a couple smaller sizes around when, about a decade ago, I had given up hope of ever fitting into them once again. I can still remember the day I lovingling and longingly packed them all up into boxes for donation to charity. Those were some real vintage clothes I gave away that day ... and some of them are back in style again this year! Ah well, I still have a couple of smaller pieces hidden away in the closet that I am now hopeful I will one day be able to dress in once again.

Have a great Saturday and Sunday folks.
  • debbieinva
    debbieinva Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you do not think trying on clothes, in a tiny dressing room no less is not exercise!! I bid to differ with you!! lol
    Been out looking for something that doesn't look ridiculous on me so I can start using the treadmill... Just found out yesterday while at physical therapy for my shoulder I can use the facility any time I like....so not only is it free it is only like a tenth of a mile from me!!! Using a treadmill is so much easier on my knees also on my back.... I AM PUMPED!!!!
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend and logging your meals!!!
    Niki thanks for being the ringleader for our challenge!!
    debbie
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness/Saturday success
    Fitness this week is tempered with the fact that I'm eating about 600-700 calories a day and an less than 2 weeks out of surgery. I walked a bit every day and towards the end of the week was getting over 10,000 steps a day. Took dog on a pretty good paced 3 miler this morning and it felt pretty good.. mowed the lawn, it did not!
    Saturday success, even though I haven't seen another pound fall off this week I can see changes in my face, arms and legs. Also my new belts are too big! That my friends is success. This journey is harder in some ways and easier in others than I thought it would be. I struggle at dinner with my family because I'm not eating the same food, I'm having a yummy protein shake, and I think it makes them uncomfortable. They had BBQ catered for a group at work this week and it smelled amazing but I am never hungry and was able to enjoy the aroma.
  • cchbc
    cchbc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got back on MFP, and am hoping to loose 60lbs, weighed 135 before having a baby...it's been 4 years and still 60 pounds overweight...I'm gonna do it this time!!!
  • Working_Hard4me
    Working_Hard4me Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am back at it here on MFP and it will be a permanent thing. I have 120lbs. to loose and according to my last doctors visit I do not have a choice if I ever except to feel better. I had a really bad year of many failed attempt and I quickly gained 25lbs in a 2 month time frame. It did have to due with some health issues and doctors trying to find the right meds that would work for me. I have PCOS & pre-diabetic now. I do not want to become full diabetic and I really need to get this under control. The doctor suggested I follow a low carb diet so that is what I am doing. So far so great. I have lost 6lbs. this week. .....I would Love to have more friends to help hold me accountable. Please feel free to add me!