Who else loves diet coke?

Options
Sorry to my tooth enamel, but it is one of the great satisfying drinks - for fullness, sweetness cravings, and that refreshing carbonated feel!

(Anybody bloviating about aspartame conspiracy theories will be in for a firm stare)

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke is okay. I prefer diet Mt. Dew, but if that's all I can get out I'll drink the Coke.
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Coke zero is better ;)

The knives are out now! It's the same!!!
  • comeonnow142857
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Coke zero is better ;)

The knives are out now! It's the same!!!

Omg no. There's a big difference in taste between diet coke and coke zero. I detest diet coke but love zero

Well then I guess I rarely drink actual diet coke. I don't distinguish between them - I drink coke zero at work, and diet at home, simply because of the way the nearest shops stock them (12 cans for 5 euro @ home, not bad).

And I guess it's always diet in the pub when it comes to Jack Daniels!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Coke zero for sure. It's ridiculously better than diet coke and diet pepsi is nasty. Diet Dr. Pepper and, A&W Root Beer and Mountain Dew trump all.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I'm on the diet Dr. Pepper train.

When I want cola, it's diet Pepsi. I never have liked Coke. It might be because when I was little, the prescribed treatment for an upset stomach/nausea/vomiting was Coke syrup over crushed ice. Does anyone else remember that? I think I came to associate the flavor with feeling unwell.

I'm on a fruity soda kick right now, though. I'm all about diet Orange Crush mixed with diet Cranberry Canada Dry.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

When I want cola, it's diet Pepsi. I never have liked Coke. It might be because when I was little, the prescribed treatment for an upset stomach/nausea/vomiting was Coke syrup over crushed ice. Does anyone else remember that? I think I came to associate the flavor with feeling unwell.

I'm on a fruity soda kick right now, though. I'm all about diet Orange Crush mixed with diet Cranberry Canada Dry.

Never heard of that. I probably wouldn't like it either then!

The orange crush is diet or no?
  • matt2673
    matt2673 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sorry to my tooth enamel, but it is one of the great satisfying drinks - for fullness, sweetness cravings, and that refreshing carbonated feel!

(Anybody bloviating about aspartame conspiracy theories will be in for a firm stare)

I don't love Diet Coke and it sure didn't love me. I used to drink almost 6 litres a day - ain't that crazy? Since stopping ALL soda, I have far less cravings and hunger. This journey is so much easier without the fake sugar! I get my refreshing carbonated feel by drinking Dasani Sparkling Water with Black Cherry or Lime natural flavors. It's completely unsweetened!
  • comeonnow142857
    edited February 2017
    Options
    matt2673 wrote: »
    I don't love Diet Coke and it sure didn't love me. I used to drink almost 6 litres a day - ain't that crazy? Since stopping ALL soda, I have far less cravings and hunger. This journey is so much easier without the fake sugar! I get my refreshing carbonated feel by drinking Dasani Sparkling Water with Black Cherry or Lime natural flavors. It's completely unsweetened!

That is a dangerous level of caffeine.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Am I alone in hating every single diet soda? Most artificial sweeteners taste bitter to me. My husband drinks massive quantities of Diet Coke, and it's so strange to me that it tastes sweet to everyone but me.
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Something strange happened when I started counting calories and losing weight on MFP last summer. After a lifetime of daily Diet Coke (like 30 years of at LEAST two cans a day, often more), I just stopped buying it. It wasn't planned and I am not sure how it happened. I still drink it occasionally (many twice a month), but I no longer want it. I never thought it would happen. I still enjoy a small amount very occasionally, but no longer want or need it on a regular basis. All I drink now is water, 2 cups of coffee, and herbal tea. I don't crave sweets as much as I used to, but I am not sure if that is due to not drinking diet soda or the change in diet overall. I used to drink Sparkling Ice as well, but stopped buying that too.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    matt2673 wrote: »

Dang, I'd live in the bathroom if I drank that much liquid every day :*

I've found that drinking diet soda actually helps me stay within my calorie parameters, since most of the time I drink it instead of eating calorie dense sweetened foods. It's never caused cravings or hunger for me, actually the opposite. But, we each need to figure out what works best of us individually and then go with that :)

OP-I prefer coke cherry zero, then diet coke with lime is my second choice. I don't mind diet coke though either (I pretty much like all Coke products lol).
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I dislike Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi all the way. Diet Coke also makes my teeth feel funny.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Not me. I haven't had any kind of soda pop in over 12 years. Club soda is the only thing with bubbles that I drink once in awhile because honestly, I get tired of drinking water all the time.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Never heard of that. I probably wouldn't like it either then!

The orange crush is diet or no?

Oh yes, totally diet.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    It might be because when I was little, the prescribed treatment for an upset stomach/nausea/vomiting was Coke syrup over crushed ice. Does anyone else remember that? I think I came to associate the flavor with feeling unwell.

My mother was told to give us 7UP for tummy issues when I was little. Never heard of the syrup-ice thing. That sounds disgusting!