Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• hamsammy67
    hamsammy67 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love that, @melaniedscott! those are our favourite vacations too! (and it's not just the craft beer "rewards" after the multi-hour hike/nordic ski/snowshoe...lol!) Sadly for me, I moved from British Columbia to Manitoba where it is mostly prairie (beautiful in its own way, but I love going uphill!) Anyway, it's a gorgeous clear (cold) day, so I think I'm going to walk the 2.5km to the gym! Happy Sunday everyone :)
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    @hamsammy67 , I love Manitoba! Haven't been in years but drove across the western half of Canada several years back...Saskatewan and Manitoba were awesome! Really enjoyed Winnepeg.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Ok - I'm back! Not going to even try and catch up with everything on here - I will just say that you are all doing an awesome job of keeping going and I need to get back to that with you all! Alistair is pox free and back at nursery so normal (ish!) life resumes here for the time being. I've got 4 days at work this week then Friday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off - we have a great long list of things to do but hoping to take some time out to enjoy the break as well. Hope the day is treating you all well :)
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 Your egg muffins sound wonderful. I used to make those but got out of the habit. Thank you for reminding me how awesome they are!

@janetay01 Glad Alistair is feeling better and that you've got some time off to get caught up!

Welcome @hamsammy67! I agree that the gym is a necessary evil sometimes. Thank goodness summer is coming soon!

@melaniedscott I'm glad you're making so much progress with the boot! It sounds frustrating though to have to limit activity so much. Do they have a timeline for when you'll be boot free?

@ShyCush6 Great job getting a killer workout in in the AM! I'm glad the scale is agreeing too.

I didn't do too bad eating wise when the in laws were in town, but I was so emotionally wrecked I barely made it off the couch. Why is it when I'm emotionally exhausted I physically am as well?

I totally broke down on Saturday. I think the exhaustion of my overbooked schedule, combined with having my space invaded got to me. Oh and TOM didn't help. When the inlaws were out on an errand I just started crying and couldn't stop.

Now I've got exactly 2 days before my dad flies in (when it rains it pours). I'm past my breaking point right now so I'm honestly not sure what to do. I'm trying to take it one day at a time, but I just don't have anything left to give.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Rachel. I am totally feeling ur no me time. And unable to say no. Me and jenna were headed to the gym when my mom called and had to go to the store right then. Come on. I just took her to the grocery store on Saturday. I hope she hurries so u can get some gym time in before it is time to go get Cassidy from softball.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,318 Member
    Options
    emotions totally exhaust me physically too
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I am back! Well, okay, I never really left. Just didn't post much. I was cleared to go back to work today. So glad, I was getting sick of the house. I sure missed driving, walking, running (did I really say that) and just my routines. After two weeks of house arrest, as I call it, I am up about 3 pounds, but still lower by a half a pound then I was two weeks ago. I am taking that as a win. My work desk is overloaded with papers and not sure where to start.

I am looking forward to getting back into my routine (Sure missed gym, and roller skating) and getting back down to onederland! At least I know I can do it. I missed your guys' faces!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Melanie: Sorry you’ve been sick… That’s a bummer! At least the hubby is cleaning… That’s sweet of him to step up and help you out… My hubby is a excellent cleaner… like better than I am… well… almost… LOL! He’s a clean freak so that helps me in that department! Nice job on the loss! Sweet!! That’s great for limited mobility… what until you get moving.. you’ll be kickin’ *kitten*! 40 lbs is not easy!!

Sammy: Welcome!! Hope you post often! You sound like my kind of gal!! The struggle is real!! I have a t-shirt with that on it! LOL! I love those kind of vacations too!! Looking forward to Colorado in June!!! Can’t wait!!

Janetay: Welcome back… Glad Alistair is back healthy!!

Rachel: Hang in there girl… you made it through the in-laws… your dad will be a breeze. You got this… It does throw your whole schedule off with visitors.

Missy: Sorry about your day off… That is frustrating.

Nicole: Hope you got a little gym time in!

Hey ladies… sorry I was MIA yesterday and well all weekend.. but you are used to that! I had a great weekend! Friday night the hubs and I did our sushi night! Followed by a movie… ugh… Batman vs. Superman… it was long and not great. I usually don’t mind super hero movies… but oh well! It was nice to have cuddle time with him and my dog on the couch! Saturday I got a workout in the morning, then we headed to the cheese raffle… I won Munster Cheese Curds and a Free drink and Chad won a HUGE block of Munster, block of Dill Havarti and Salami Cheddar! Yummo!!! We scored!! Then picked up Lexi and her and I went to her boyfriends basketball game. She went home with him (He lives in her grandparents home town) and then stayed at Grandma and grandpa’s. They were happy to have her! I headed out with friends and managed to be somewhat behaved until the chicken wings came out… I had 2 and a couple fries… Otherwise I did good eating for the day. Sunday I drove to my parents to pick up Lexi and brought her friend back to our house and they went to the trampoline park. I stayed home with the hubs and watched NASCAR… tis the season! =) I know I’m weird! I did not get in a workout but I ate ok…. A lil too much cheese! But the scale is down today, so I am excited! 6 lbs since the new year!! I made a chart for my fridge and I fill in the boxes for each lb lost… It’s motivating and stops me from opening the fridge late at night!! Keeping up with my goal chart as well… last week put me behind a lil but I can still catch up!! Not sure how a workout will go today as I’m working a 10.5 hour day… ugh! Hope you all have a great week!!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @gemwolf110 That blows about being called in to work on your day off. I hope all the OT is worth it!

@ShyCush6 You're killing it at those raffles! We have them around here too. I may have to try one sometime

@jdelaroy Glad you're back! I hope work doesn't kick your butt too much. Did your doc give you a timeline for getting back into activity?

@Evamutt I'm glad it's not just me!

@ngolden3320 That is so frustrating! Were you still able to make the gym after that?

After my workout this morning I feel loads better and in a much stronger headspace. I also got word from my aunt that she can take my Dad back to the airport which saves me 3 hours of driving and gives me an entire day off to myself (soooo glad I took Monday off in expectation of this). I also pre-planned my workouts down there so I can go with my Grandma to her gym (my Grandma is almost 80 and still working out every day!). My SO even offered to pick up dinner tonight so we can do an impromptu date night! All in all I'm feeling much better today and ready to tackle the rest of this week with a positive attitude.

I think the biggest thing that helped though was that I called my Mom last night and got a good vent in. She's so good at talking me through stuff, I don't know what I'd do without her. I also called my Grandma and loved hearing how excited she was that we were coming. She doesn't get to see us as often as any of us would like so this is a big deal. I'm glad I was able to help put that smile on her face :)
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Shy - I hear you about Batman vs Superman. I'm normally quite happy with the super hero movies but that one just didn't do it for me at all! Mind you, I didn't enjoy the last Superman movie - no storyline, just lots of explosions and noise. I have a super hero nut for a husband and I might be starting to get super hero fatigue (ha - is that a real thing??)

Jen - welcome back, good to see you. Take it slowly with the desk load of paper - it will all still be there in the morning and later in the week!

Missy - hoping your working hours settle down. I guess at least you have the light at the end of the tunnel with the new role - it's just frustrating waiting for it to happen.

Rachel - hang in there, you can do this. And once you've had your dad visit, lock the doors for a while. Me time is so important but others don't always get it or realise when you need it. It's easier said than done but you probably need to force the issue a bit and step off the social merry go round - be thoroughly antisocial and look after yourself for a bit.

So yesterday our Chief Executive announced that our office will be moving location at Christmas this year. It's only physically a 5 mile move from where we are but the practicalities of where I live and the new location mean it will double my costs and add about an hour a day to an already long journey. Problem being is that I would leave the house before Alistair woke up and get home after he'd gone to bed. So not great - my manager has told me that he will look at how they can work to make my working arrangements more flexible so we will see what happens. To be honest, it may just be the kick up the backside that I need to take my job hunting seriously! Beyond that, not much happening. Need to get my act together and start working out again as well. Hmmm...there's a theme here, need to kick myself back into gear on a number of levels! Hope you have a good day all - I'm off to bring my food diary up to date!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    What's up pretty ladies?! :)

Jane - I may have had super hero fatigue 229 x over the last 12 years of being married to my hubs! LOL! And having 2 sons means all we watch are all those movies, plus transformers, fast and furious etc etc etc! No wonder I cry at every Disney movie! HA! I didn't watch superman vs batman because I really don't like Ben Affleck - then I heard everyone say it wasn't worth it anyway. LOL!

Shy - you and the cheese raffles! Makes me smile. I seriously LOVE cheese. Like I think I could live on it, and it should be it's own food group that has zero calories! I've never watched Nascar, not sure if it is because I'm Canadian or what? I don't see a lot of memorabilia for sale or advertisements for it anywhere. I'll have to check it out. How long is the season? You are doing AWESOME losing 6 lbs since the new year! Major high fives!!

Rachel - I think it must be the time of year or full moon or ??? because everyone seems to be run down and overwhelmed with life in general. It seems like no matter how much we try to pre-plan, things just keep popping up and sidelining our best intentions! I had at least 2 days last week that I couldn't get any exercise because I was running around all over town with stuff that popped up last minute. I think you are doing great! you've got a lot of balls to juggle and sometimes a few of them fall down, but you are still standing!

Jen - glad you are back to work and back at it. those few lbs you gained will be gone in no time, especially when you start working out regularly again. Must feel good to get out of the house and shed that cabin fever!

Welcome to hamsammy! I used to live in Winnipeg for 2 years wayyyy back in the day (1999!) LOL! I live in BC, and love the outdoor exercise here. Hiking and snowshoeing and cycling are my fav's!

Gem - Nice for you to get the OT $, but I agree, a more regular schedule is nice because you can plan your workouts and meals. I feel like I've been sporadic with the exercise the last few weeks too, like I said, so many things popping up last minute. For me the most important thing is the food intake. I can work out until the cows come home and burn tons of cals, but won't lose because I eat too much. But I can lose weight by watching my calories, and getting in exercise less times a week... So I have to keep reminding myself to pay attention to what I'm eating every day! It's hard!

I had a good weekend, went snowshoeing for over 2 hours on Saturday. The snow wasn't as nice and fluffy as it usually was, it was a bit crusty - but it was still fun. Sunday had a date night with hubs - ate too much pizza by accident! It jumped down my throat! LOL. And watched the last half of the Oscars (what the heck happened at the end?! PFFF!) Last night we went to see the Harlem Globetrotters, I had always wanted to see them since I was a kid! The whole family had tons of fun, and the boys got jerseys and a ball and got everything signed after. It was awesome! (did eat a churro and a bit of popcorn!!) It's hard to behave perfectly, it's like a have a devil on one shoulder, angel on the other - and most often that damn devil wins!!

I've got a goal to lose 1 lb by Friday, so I've got to get my butt to my spin class after work! I've got soup in the crockpot for dinner! Hope everyone has a great day!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Dang, I missed you guys!

@ShyCush6 Sounds like a great weekend. I love an idea of a chart for the fridge. I might have to try it.

@rachel0778 HE gave me the all clear on everything except pelvic activity . I am going to be smart and listen to my body. I am getting a little sore, sitting at work. Been making sure to get up and move every hour to help stretch it out. My boss will let me go home early if I need to. They are just happy to have me back. I am hoping to be back to myself in about a month. (that is when I will be released to do pelvic exercises. It is going to be a very long month. LOL Mom's are the best, and glad your SO, and aunt are pitching in to help out.

@janetay01 Eek another hour to your drive in? That is definitely an incentive to look else where. Glad they are looking at other options to help you.

@bluepoppies777 I am so glad to be out of the house, even if it is just to work. I wish I had a chance to try snowshoeing when I was up in Winter Park, but we didn't think to bring snow pants, and there was over 3 feet of snow, and below 0 Fahrenheit there. So we decided to skip it.

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with me today. I am so freaking hungry. I can't guarantee I won't eat the dog
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Oh I hate days like that. There is nothing wrong with you. You probably have been working hard, and burning extra calories, or it is getting close to ToM. Try eating lots of veggies, or some protein (Sometimes a handful of nuts will kill that hunger for me.) Good luck! Brush your teeth, suck on something minty, drink flavored water. (Can you tell I have had the same problem a few times?)
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with me today. I am so freaking hungry. I can't guarantee I won't eat the dog

Ha! Me, too...must be a short month thing.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Rachel: Yay.. for being back and ready to rock it… Sounds like everyone helped lift your spirits! A good workout never fails either! That’s awesome you are working out with grandma! I love it!! How awesome! And every mom can wish that their kids will feel that way with them! Yay for mom!!

Jane: I’m not a Superman fan… I wondered if I would like it. Not excited about more in this series… My hubs loved it… I love Batman stuff and I’m a fan of the Marvel TV series, Arrow, Flash…. Who couldn’t like Oliver Queen… hottie! =) Yikes about the move… I hope you can figure something out or find something new. Alstair needs his mommy!

Joy: Love transformers and fast and the furious. One of my favorite movies… Gone in 60 Seconds! Nicolas Cage. Ah Joy…. Your breaking my heart! Ben Affleck!! I used to love him… Bennifer kind of irritated me… I thought he would last with Jennifer Garner…. But he is still a hottie! Nascar is the longest season ever! Starts in February ends in November!! I wouldn’t probably be a fan if it wasn’t for growing up with my dad as a huge fan! It is a hard game of low cal and low exercise or high cal and very high exercise… I do better with low cal and fewer workouts as well! I think it’s finding the time with family and events… Glad you loved the Globetrotters! They are an awesome show!! I would love to see them again! I’ve never tried snowshoeing… Might have to jump on that sometime! Have fun at spin! You got this girl!

Jdelaroy: The chart makes me smile when I see my progress! It’s a great idea… I have to give kudos to Joy for the idea though!! Plus my hubs and daughter see the progress and cheer me on!

Nicole: Not the dog! LOL! Drink some water… that always helps me feel full! We all have those days!!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @janetay01 That is terrible news, I'm so sorry! I hope there is something wonderful closer so you don't have to sacrifice that time with Alistair

@ShyCush6 Glad to hear you're enjoying the Nascar season, my Mom's fiancé is a huge fan and they drive out to Indy every year

@ngolden3320 Not the dog! lol. Honestly on those days I plan an extra meal. I know it's over calories, but it saves me from diving into a bag of junk food. I'd rather spend 250 calories on chicken and broccoli or a big bowl of soup than 500-600 calories of oreos and chips!

@jdelaroy That's great news! I'm so glad you'll be 100% cleared in a month. It sounds like you're doing a great job taking care of yourself

@bluepoppies777 That sounds like a wonderful weekend! I had a cookie jump down my throat yesterday too, food is going rouge! You're right that everyone seems to be overwhelmed lately. My SO is actually looking forward to spending time in the airport so he can have alone time, poor thing!

My SO and I had a wonderful date night last night. We watched Captain America Winter Soldier and I picked up Mediterranean food (best leftovers ever). If you haven't tried kefta yet you're missing out!

Since we've got a concert tonight I woke up early to get my workout in. I forgot how hard BeachBody workouts are! I was huffing and puffing so much towards the end so it definitely got the job done.

I talked some more with my Dad yesterday and downloaded 5 books for the weekend so I'm officially way more excited for his visit. He's game to take it easy and just hang out and read so my calmness level about this trip is 100% better.

I'll probably be offline for the next 4 days so I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Rachel - enjoy your weekend! Don't worry about us, we'll be here when you get back online next week. You need to unplug and re-energize!

Jane - sorry about your job! I don't think I could do it - mind you I live 7 kms from my work!!! One of my requirements is to be able to cycle to work, so the long commute thing would kill me I think! Plus never seeing your beautiful boy is awful - definitely this is a kick in the pants to get job hunting! (unless they will let you work from home at least 3 days a week!)

Shy - Nascar is 10 months of the year?! Wowzers! That is crazy! crazy awesome if you love Nascar though! :) I used to love Ben Affleck, but over the years I feel like he's lost his lustre - ended up to be a dud for me. Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds on the other hand... LOL! (also love it that they are Canadian!) haha!

Didn't make it to spin - life got in the way AGAIN. I need a vacation from life I think! Weighed myself this am and I'm UP 2 lbs... trying to lose a lb by Friday and I'm going in the wrong direction! I think it was sodium from the soup that I made yesterday, it had italian sausage in it... and I ate cheese and crackers and wine, so that obviously didn't help!!! GAH!