Beautiful Behaviors - February 2017

Options

Replies

• jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    lea, i'm so proud that i washed my new sheets before putting them on the bed, and i'm looking forward to sleeping in crisp new linens tonight! love you too!!!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I had a sad moment last night and cried for a few minutes. I was thinking about my mom and was missing her (she passed about 2 yrs ago). Not to worry, it usually only lasts a moment and then I end up smiling because I remember the great times.

Jessie- awesome enjoy the weather
    Lea- sing, walk, stand, sit and lift your arms, hold your breath now take a deep breath. You're living, and doing great, you're on here inspiring others, you go!

I got off work early, was wiped out so I took a nap. I'm off tomorrow and back to working out tomorrow. So that was 5 days off, I'm psyched to get back at it. I kept a pound off this week and lost 1% body fat! I've been eating way under goal, probably won't be able to do that on my training days.
    Had dinner with my 18 yr old son last night, I just want to hug and kiss him the whole time (which he loves) lol. Did you know that half a FRENCH DIP Sandwich from McAlister deli is 330 calories, 32 g protein, 9 g fat and 28 g carbs it was delish.
    This weekend is Splurge time! My daughter is home from college Saturday and Sunday and we will have shopping or movie time. Then Sunday we're celebrating her bday! I'm making goodies and will be eating some.

Ok that was long, sorry. But currently happy with my eating habits and water intake this week. My belly is showing it, flatter. *Be wickedly happy and try something new today, no matter how small. :)
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Jess, how funny you said you washed new sheets. That is an old southern US trick for keeping comfortable on hot nights! The crisper the sheets, the better you sleep!

Thank you Sherri! I got up. I got a shower. Did breathing exercises. Funny, but if I know someone else has made it through, then I get certain that I can handle life too!

Love to all. Your stories keep me going!

Lea
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Oh my! I can feel my hips! I've only lost, 2 pounds at most, and today, my shoulders were weary after painting some boxes. I rested my hands on my hips and I could feel bone. Hip bone. Without digging too far through the fat!

Actually, my weight loss journey began about 2 years ago at 225 pounds. I was eating chocolate bars daily to cope with stress. Then I had a spell of refusing to eat, bathe, go to work, and all else. My son called it a nervous breakdown.

So, 225 down to 216-217 is a total loss of 8 or 9 pounds. Now these last two months haven't seen much progress toward losing weight. I do want to lose three pounds more by August.

I could feel my hips!!!! Woo! Winning!

Love you all!

Lea
  • happysherri
    Options
    @ lea - Congrats!!! I find more than the number on the scale visual results in a physique is so rewarding. Always a win moving in the right direction with all of those losses! Keep it up.

I'm off work today just roasted a bunch of veggies for next week. I also had some with ground turkey for lunch, so yummy. Thawing lean chicken out for dinner. So food is looking on point until my splurge this weekend.

Today will be my first day back at the gym in 5 days. I'm gonna kill some legs and Abs! *not gonna lie, have been a little bit of a couch potato this morning hahaha But I'm happy and mainly been watching my fitness youtubers, gaining food and training tips. ♡♡♡Happy Friday
  • aleahurst
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Sherri, I love hearing about your steps to being fit! Five days of purposeful rest makes you purposefully rested.

I walked today!

Pass love around and be mindful.

Lea
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    hi, everyone. we were out all day doing chores, and then i came home and took a nap. it was an ok food day, but i didn't track it. back to tracking tomorrow. hope you all are doing well! ttyt,
    jess
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I went out of town last week for work and fully intended to try and stay on track but I got caught up in work and food and a little fun. I am not looking at it as failure and will be back on task tomorrow. I am really behind in housework and need to prepare for a big party at my house in a few weeks so steps and burning calories should not be a problem--but it is really hard for me to not eat junk in this kind of situation. I was on and off planes for most of the day yesterday and every part of me is swollen. I will weigh in in a few days.
    Sounds like everyone is having great success over the past few days. It is pretty amazing how a few days of nice weather can change us. Winter is almost over!!!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Yeah, I love being out in sunshine and fresh air! It's a mood changer for me.

@dlm4mom - You are doing better than the credit you give yourself. Have you tried being more mindful of food, rather than tracking food? It might feel gentler on your consciousness for one or two days. You might have an internal dialogue that goes, "I am talking and eating carrots and dip". That's it. Then when you record your food, open the notes and write, "the above is an estimate", or "I needed a day off from tracking". Then get right back to it in a day or so?

@jessiquoi - Good for you! Adequate rest is so good for us human beings! You will be back to tracking tomorrow or the next day, and maybe, one day in the future, you may no longer need rest days from tracking. Or maybe you will. It's okay either way.

I find rest to be a part of our nature. When we are making changes in our behaviors, it seems right to have a day (or five) purposefully set aside for rest.

Today, I downed 16 ounces of water before I made coffee. WIN!

@happysherri - how is it going back at the gym?

My beautiful behaviors for today:
    Keep up balance between being an active person and a spiritual person.
    Spend time in prayer
    Paint bee boxes
    KonMarie method my books and papers
    That's enough for me!

Love you all!

Lea
  • happysherri
    Options
    Hey all. Happy to see others posting and checking in, even if it's I've been enjoying food or the struggles, let's us know we're not alone.
    I had an awesome leg day at the gym yesterday. I did have half a fast food sandwich last night but it fit within my calories. Upped my fat percentage for the day but I don't eat that on the daily.
    I have plans this evening with my daughter and will leave in couple hours to get her from college. So will probably have a splurge tonight and tomorrow we celebrate her bday so will probably have 1 serving of brownies and ice cream (we're not cake people).
    That being said - no gym today... but I need to get up and do an at home HIIT cardio session!
    *always love yourself, spread kindness, do what's best for you and get up and move (even just a little)
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Ditto
    I'm so happy to see others checking in. It's just good to have even a small connection! <3
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Midnight snack attack hit again. I logged it and I'm moving on.

• aleahurst
    Options
    My stomach grumbled all through church and I was hungry as a bear!
  • happysherri
    Options
    Splurged last night and my body was not used to the junk and extra calories, felt like I had a hang over this morning (without alcohol). But I still had pizza, brownies and ice cream celebrating my daughters bday. Back at it tomorrow; already meal prepped with baked oatmeal muffins, baked chicken and roasted veggies. Hope everyone had a relaxing Sunday.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    hey, everybody! i'm finding i'm not in front of the computer on the weekends like i am during the work week, so don't worry about me if i don't "show up" saturday or sunday. unfortunately, that means i'm not tracking my food, and so i'm not really sure how i'm doing. i want to track every day. that's my goal for this week. it may have been my goal for previous weeks too... how will i make sure i'm going to get it this week? i have to think about it. maybe i need a reward. i'll have to think about that too.

i'm a crocheting fool now! i'm crocheting so much, i don't think about snacking as often as i used to. this is a good thing. it's also very meditative, and helps me manage my anxiety. win win!

i tracked my breakfast, and will continue to track throughout the day. my goal today is to get back to walking outside with john. we were kind of busy this weekend with shopping chores, so i guess i got extra steps in, but we didn't purposefully go out for a walk. it's kind of cold again, which makes me think i'm accidentally forgetting on purpose. :) today i will unpack my little dumbbells which i located over the weekend and put them next to my desk. i used to do that and every now and then would pick them up and do some exercises, no biggie, but often enough so that i really felt a difference in my upper body tone. i want that again.

how are you all today?

later,
    jess
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Happy Monday to all!

Today is the start of an early bee season. We had a short, two day frost. I'm going to plant sunflowers this year, but I need to start them indoors. The foragers are out buzzing something about the queen laying eggs now, so I'd best get to building frames for the honey!

Happy Birthday to Sherri's daughter!

Jess, love to hear what you are crocheting.

To everyone who reads but doesn't post, hope your Mondays are great!

This week:
    Drink a cup of water before I drink a cup of coffee
    Get at least 8 cups of water a day
    Keep oxygen on during the day to help my mental state
    Eat chickweed to help curb a ravenous appetite
    Build fifty frames and mount wax base to them
    Paint three bee box lids to match a lady's barn
    Find a place to set up my printer permanently
    Find time for prayer
    Send prayerful messages to my Sunday School class members
    Get at least 8 hours of sleep at night
    Ready. Set. Go!

Love to you all! Stay calm and keep coming back!

Lea
  • happysherri
    Options
    Wowzers! I splurged a little more than I would have liked to this weekend. However I have no regret or guilt, and yes, I enjoyed it. Back at it today, I meal prepped for this week - baked chicken and roasted veggies.

My daughter and I had some great quality time together, loved every minute.

I am back going to the gym too, with yesterday being a rest day. So-tonight I believe is upper body lifting and cardio. Hopefully I can shake this Monday feeling, blah.

Jessi - nice to know that you are figuring things out and trying your best to do the right things. Also - I'm not worthy - I'm terrible at sewing, crocheting or any of that (I took classes a long time ago and even my teacher felt sorry for me.)

Lea - You are a busy busy *bee*. haha - see what I did there. Your goals are inspiring.

Have a fantastic day!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    zwbcqbuxoa6c.jpg

It's going to be a shawl, Lea
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    good morning, all! I slipped yesterday and fell hard. today is a new day and I hope to get back on track. so far so good. :)

have a lovely morning,
    jess
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    It's been a rough couple of weeks with family issues, and my usually food issues........

I successfully completed my Whole30 in January and my reintroduction in the first 2 weeks of February. I learned that I definitely have an issue with wheat and wheat and sugar together makes it much worse.

Fell off the wagon the last 2 weeks because I couldn't deal with my emotions anymore. February is always a rough month for me mentally. I probably have seasonal depression on top of my standard homormnal depression.....

Feeling better and back at it yesterday. Hubby and I are still committed to eating healthier as a family. We are going to focus on mostly W30 eating, but just a little bit flexible with corn, rice and condiments.

My March goals:
    1. drink my water!!! I have been seriously negligent in this habit
    2. log my food- did well except for the last 2 weeks
    3. daily weighing: I am going to try this to continue to desensitize myself to the numbers. I'm not going to be ruled by the numbers , they are just a tool.
    4. EXERCISE- 15 minutes - 5 days per week. I gotta start somewhere.