Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Snap___Dragon
    Snap___Dragon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My cold is almost gone finally. My mom is leaving shortly after a " slumber party" with me and my two kiddos. We did ok with only a couple questionable choices regarding food. We walked around a lot because we shopped so hopefully that took care of those questionable choices. Ha!

I have the tendency to be very off and on when it comes to logging so I'm gonna set a goal to log 5 days/week to start. I know this I can handle and will keep me from being disappointed if I skip or only do half days every so often when I get busy.

Have a great day everyone!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @naceto --Hey, Nicole!! It's so great to see you! Glad to hear you are so close to your goal--that's awesome!! I've had a little setback--about 15 lbs above my lowest maintained weight, so right now I'm working on getting back down to 185, then I will work on the final 15 or 20 lbs. At 5'7" with a large frame, I don't ever expect to get below 165 or 170, but at 185 I was in a size 10, and size 8 is my ultimate goal, so I think that will do it. Other than the great job losing weight, how are you doing??
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound --- it sounds to me like your doing awesome! I'm in a 10 now....(which I never believed could happen) I'm much shorter than you. I'm going for 150... I have no idea what size that will be since I haven't been that small except for a short time in high school
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in:
    I definitely had a cheat day last night with some pizza and wine to accompany the Oscars! But, I am finally starting to see a definitive downward trend in my weight again (even this morning despite last night!) which is motivating. My abs are burning still from my workout on Saturday too!

I struggle with making sure I am logging everything where food is concerned - I tend to log my breakfasts and lunch but forget to include dinner. I'm pretty sure that at least 75% of my diary from the last month is incomplete. Any suggestions to stay accountable for completing your diary every day?

• RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,879 Member
    Options
    @gullagr i have found the 2nd day after a hard workout to be more painful than the day imm following. As for dinner tracking, if you plsn ahead what you are eating, log it in the AM. Or try logging while cooking it. Or put a reminder on your phone or bathroom mirror that way you will see it when you go potty before bed or hear an alarm reminding you to log. I think MFP even has a reminder you can set. Or just log it the following morning when you log your breakfast.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Monday Check-in:
    Don't even like talking about it today cause I knowingly and willingly over ate yesterday so my weight is temporarily up this morning. It will come back down, however the damage I've done is that this will stall and slow my progress.

Which got me to thinking about how much of an effort am I really and truly making to my weight loss journey ... or has this become my lifestyle and it's no longer an urgent matter but cruise control on the highway.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    So annoyed with myself, wrote quit a long post, when back a page to look at something and knew just as soon as I did that I had lost my entire post! Oh well, now short on time so I am just going to post week two of the challenge because I weigh early in the week.

Name: Barb
    Height: 5' 3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 241.6
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 228.5

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 241.6
    March 1: 239.4
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -2.2
    Weight -/+ this month:-2.2

I'm excited and also trying to exercise more. It's almost harder for me to exercise than it is to count my calories! :)
  • debbieinva
    debbieinva Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @gullagr I pretty much log every thing I am eating that day in the morning... I spend some time tweaking the days menu and then only eat what I have listed... seems to really keep me honest and calories right where I want them....
    I weight in Mondays!!

Name: Debbie
    Height:5'3

Started Jan 29 280.3
    Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 269.2
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 257

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 269.2
    March 1: 266.0
    March 8: *
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5: **
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:
    * vacation week (Amish food!)
    ** Happy Birthday to me!!
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Hope everyone's week has started well. Today was weigh-in .... and don't ask me how I managed to lose 5lbs but I did!! Must have been all that cauliflower and pita chips combo I did LOL.
    However my mind plays tricks on me and as soon as I have a positive outcome I have to stuff myself with something unhealthy!! Is like I sabotage myself ... I am nuts!
    Well I hope the rest of the week to be back on track with food and exercise... I will try yoga this Sunday after many many years ... looking forward to it.
    Good week everyone!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Monday check in. Well, things have been going so smoothly that I never saw it coming. Yesterday afternoon I felt wrong. Saturday was busy and then there was an unplanned side of the road car repair and I may have done too much but Sunday was wonderfully slow. Leisurely walk at the nature center with my big sister. My youngest and his girlfriend made cookies. Most memorably he yelled at his mother and girlfriend "All you women get out of the kitchen and let the man work! ". The boy can cook, his mother and girlfriend, not so much. Lots of laughing and teenage goofiness. Then I crashed. A wave of exhaustion like none I've felt before. TIRED! I fell asleep at 8 and woke with my alarm. Unusual for me. Woke up the same tired so I called the doctor and they made me come in. My BP was/is hovering around 95/60. Low for me, normally I'm around 120/65. I get my blood work back tomorrow to see if I'm low on red blood. The nutritionist thinks I'm pushing too hard. I think I'm not. Wife agrees with me but obviously something isn't right. I'm taking the night off. Did nothing but read. I took a nap after the doctors. I'm just wiped out. Answers tomorrow or maybe rest will fix it. Either way just a bump in the road.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @pneschich- It was like almost bound to happen that somewhere along the way you would have some kind of not forward motion, right? I'm thinking you are probably just needing a little catch up time. Hoping I'm right. Praying for good results and good feelings tomorrow! Your son sounds like a great and funny kiddo!

Monday Check-in... I logged all my food today even though I wasn't sure about all the amounts and calories. I just did the best I could at estimating. (Restaurant food) That's an accomplishment for me. I'm such a wicked perfectionist that I will just stop logging if there is something I don't know and that's not one bit helpful and I'm on a mission to stop that nonsense. I also walked off my step goal. Tomorrow I may even get back in the gym. I felt pretty good today, but I'm still just not up to par yet. Rain tomorrow won't help either, but I'm hoping that I can mentally get back in the game!
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Name: Birgit
    Height: 6'0"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 203
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 199

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 203
    February 28: 201
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ this month:

Not sure I'll have the opportunity to weigh in tomorrow, so took care of it today. Best wishes to everyone, Birgit
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is early - I way in on Mondays. Progress is slow and steady which is better then not at all.

Name: LaDana
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22). 295
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 285

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 295
    March 1: 292
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this month:
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Everyone!!! All is well and the weekend was good. I definitely know weekends are my downfall. I was better this weekend than last weekend, but I have to stay the course 7 days a week. I cannot let 2 days derail the great job I’m doing Monday thru Friday. Weight is still stalled, but I know I’m eating right 90% of the time and doing my HIT classes 4 days per week. The scale will eventually move. I did have a nice surprise. I’ve never bought anything from the Gap. Well, I fit into a size 20 jeans. While the scale has stalled, I know I’m toning and losing inches. I’ve been a 26/28 for YEARS. It’s still a little surreal that the jeans actually fit. Woo Hoo!!!

@Gullagr – Congrats registering for the Ottawa 10K!! Having a goal is so important and definitely helps keep us focused. A couple years ago three of us (myself, lauriek & skinnyjeanz) met up in NYC to participate in the Tunnel to Tower 5K to honor 9/11. It was a very humbling experience that I will never forget.

@campfire – Holly, holy cow!! Your 68? You look so young. Good for you!!! My mom is 68 and I think she looks great too. I keep hoping I’ve got those genes too and will continue to age gracefully myself. LOL!!

@Nikion – It never ceases to amaze me how quickly numbers can add up. I’m eating more paleo so higher protein and low carbs. As I’m calculating my day, I often have to change things around when I realize I’ve eaten 2/3 of my carbs in one meal. Totally understand. Also, thanks again for kicking off our challenge!!

@happygirl – My trigger food is more on the sweet side like cookies and ice cream. I just can’t buy it because I would eat the whole thing. I like salty too, but luckily normally satisfied with a serving. Often I just need the crunch factor. Could you make portion bags and be satisfied with that amount? If I’m eating out of the bag, I’m history!!! Just saw your post and 5 lbs is AWESOME!!!

@debbieinva – That’s great! Not about the dressing room (which was funny by the way), but about the facility being so close! I’ve got the same thing. I literally walk to my workout class next door each morning so I’ve got no excuse whatsoever. Right now, I’ve been doing 4 workouts per week and feeling great!!!

@pneschich – Definitely follow your doctor’s orders, but I wasn’t allowed to exercise for a month. Easy walks were OK, but definitely don’t worry about exercise. You’re not getting enough calories post surgery PLUS you need to give your stomach time to heal from surgery. I’m 3 ½ months post op and now doing 4 days of HIT classes (Cardio, Core, Arms and METCON). Even 6-8 weeks later, I had to be careful with crunches and bending over like pushing the sled. Remember you just had major surgery. Take it easy!!!! Plus, are you on a vitamin regimen? I’ve been taking them for months now. Our bodies are missing some of the nutrients we need so vitamins are really important too. The mental battle is real. Food will ALWAYS be around us. Surgery is a tool we’ve been given, but we still have to eat the right foods and exercise. Yes, we’ll always eat smaller portions, but so many people start eating the wrong foods and this is how people gain their weight ALL back. Just trying to share what I’ve been learning as I’m a little ahead of you in this journey.

@Snapdrag – I’m glad your cold is almost gone and you had a fun “slumber party” with your mom and kids. I think anything we do we have to pace ourselves. I have a tendency to want to jump 110% and when I fail I just give up. It’s taken me a LONG time to move past that way of thinking. Baby steps. Tackle one challenge at a time. This could be one of your goals logging 5 days/week for a month then perhaps add the 6th day and then your 7th.

@naceto – Nicole!!! It’s great to see your name and especially your post. I’m so proud of you. I know you’ve been through so much, but you kept pushing through no matter what. Many changes for me as well. Moved back to Atlanta from Las Vegas. My son, Cyrus, started high school this year. How’s your son doing? Also, my big news is I had weight loss surgery over Thanksgiving. I had the Vertical Sleeve done. Another discussion for another time, but it was not a decision I took lightly and have been thinking about it for a long time. Great seeing you again and I can’t wait to cheer you on to goal!!!

@Dalceridae – Woo Hoo!! 50 lbs is amazing! You’ve lost 10-5# bags of sugar. LOL! I always have to use visuals to really understand what that means. Sorry about the injured body. I know how tough that can be when you’re ready to move! Hang in there. You’re doing great!!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    @susan2396 Hey thanks girl. I do have some great genes as far as skin goes, not so much for hair though! LOL The photo was made in Oct when I went to a costume party and that is a wig I have on, which everyone says makes me look 30 years younger, and I have to agree with them! I think I need to invest in a good one! Maybe I should make that a reward! I'm going to think on that!
  • pufff
    pufff Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've not had time to read through the thread yet and get to know people. Just wanted to say hello. My first grandchild (a boy) is due in June. I need to be there to support my daughter and enjoy my grandson - and if I carry on the way I am now I may well not be! I hope to be able to offer support as well as to receive it. I live in the U.K. If anyone wishes to friend me please do - i don't have any at the moment.....
  • Snap___Dragon
    Snap___Dragon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Worked yesterday and was busy with some DIY bathroom plumbing repairs the rest of the day. Once we finished I passed out cold and slept all night long. It was glorious but I did not log. Back at it today and feeling good overall. I'm both nervous and looking forward to weigh-in day tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great week!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Now that I have some more time to post.... @skinnyjeanzbound - things are really really great! I think I have met "the guy"... We have been steady now coming up on 3 years. He is adorable and nerdy and just perfect for me. I don't recall if I had been around MFP or this board when I met him. We met online (gasp) and it turned out we had mutual friends and probably would have met someday anyway LOL. The kid is doing great - we have our own sweet pup, Ty. She is some type of lab mix. Terribly nervous but full of energy and super sweet.

@susan2396 - AWESOME! Good for you!! Excellent on the size 20... isn't it the most wonderful feeling after so much hard work? I tell you, I've gotten to where I still watch the scales (too much I think) but by golly when I feel really good is when I watch my closet empty of the clothes that are now too big.
    Highschool??? No... I don't believe you ;) I remember when Anthony started highschool, I was so nervous for him. He ended up making the best friends possible and getting into basketball... now he is approaching 6'3", and a solid wall of muscle (we inspire each other with our healthy choices). He is also attending college, looking at Computer Science.