New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried to caramel filled Peeps? Thoughts? Are they worth making the 50 minute drive to my nearest Target for?

For reference, I'm a major Peep fiend.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Coke zero cherry has finally come to Canada!!!!

Haha as I am drinking one! I can only find them at gas stations in town in 500ml bottles. Have you seen cases anywhere @singingflutelady ?

I've just seen the 500 ml bottles.

I bought a 12-pack of cans from Superstore a couple weeks ago. Check your local Loblaws-owned grocery store!

I checked our Loblaws and no go. Our Shoppers had one lonely case that I snapped up but no plans to bring in more. Sobeys has four or five cases I discovered hidden in the aisle that I am planning to go buy tomorrow when the sales change. Small town problems :'(
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I know there is not much love for Walden Farms products on MFP but I recently bought their chocolate syrup. It is not something I would eat where I would want to taste it by itself (like an ice cream topping) BUT a little of it added to my coffee along with some 1/2 & 1/2 makes for a really nice low calorie mocha.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried to caramel filled Peeps? Thoughts? Are they worth making the 50 minute drive to my nearest Target for?

i bought the triple chocolate yesterday, but haven't tried them yet.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I know there is not much love for Walden Farms products on MFP but I recently bought their chocolate syrup. It is not something I would eat where I would want to taste it by itself (like an ice cream topping) BUT a little of it added to my coffee along with some 1/2 & 1/2 makes for a really nice low calorie mocha.

I love the chocolate sauce! I do like it on halo top with some chopped nuts! Delish! I also love their Garlic Herb "pasta sauce", it makes amazing shrimp scampi! Their actual mocha coffee creamer is also very very good, I actually like it more than the chocolate sauce.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options

I haven't had the filled ones (yet!). But, I've had all the fruity peeps and LOVE them (sour cherry, sour lemon/lime, blue raspberry, watermelon and fruit punch). They are all very good, like a fluffy jolly rancher.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I was really hoping this would be good. Chocolate covering was too thick and pb was an after thought. Even the chocoated itself was meh. *sigh* arrlqbbno0wi.jpg
    7t64f68aa5cf.jpg

I'm making my way through a bag of the individual (non egg shaped) pieces and....try it cold. You can taste the peanut butter a bit more that way.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Coke zero cherry has finally come to Canada!!!!

Haha as I am drinking one! I can only find them at gas stations in town in 500ml bottles. Have you seen cases anywhere @singingflutelady ?

I've just seen the 500 ml bottles.

I bought a 12-pack of cans from Superstore a couple weeks ago. Check your local Loblaws-owned grocery store!

I checked our Loblaws and no go. Our Shoppers had one lonely case that I snapped up but no plans to bring in more. Sobeys has four or five cases I discovered hidden in the aisle that I am planning to go buy tomorrow when the sales change. Small town problems :'(

I wish around me had the Caffeine Free Diet Mountain Dew (there's some days I don't need caffeine but still want the taste of Diet Mountain Dew). My sister found it in Kentucky when she was there to visit family.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    262pes4.png
    YUM. These taste a lot like a snickerdoodle! Love them.

These aren't as bad as I thought they'd be, but for a few more calories I would gladly eat the Nature Valley Almond Butter Cups or the Almond Butter Biscuit.

I like the Snickerdoodle more than the Coconut flavor at least.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    There is a Mystery Flavor peep calling my name... I'm not big on cotton candy flavored things. I love that Peeps is making all different sorts, and I will buy every single one. lol!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    vpcqp2svr7th.png

Haven't tried the filled Peeps yet, but I DID try these over the weekend. Verdict: Meh. As a LOVER of Cotton Candy flavor, these didn't really hit the mark. Any cotton candy flavor at all was very faint, and possibly due to my expectations rather than actual existence. Not different enough from a regular Peep to be worth my $1.12. Will this stop me from trying the Bubble Gum flavor Peeps? Not likely . . .

WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS? Two of my greatest loves are cotton candy and red velvet flavored things, and I already tried the red velvet peeps so this is the last one on my bucket list for the time being. I'll lower my expectations if I have to.

Just tried Enlightened's Bananas Foster Pint! Immediately after my first spoonful and as I continued I absolutely could not think of anything else besides one dessert, and it wasn't Bananas Foster: Banana Pudding. Holy Banana Pudding.
    If there's two things I love about the South, it's their Chicken & Dumplings and their Bread Pudding, and here I am taking back every negative thing I said earlier about Enlightened's new pints letting me down by not including swirls or enough interesting things within their flavors. Sure, some Nilla wafers or something would have been neat (I don't care if it's "Bananas Foster" to me it's Bread Pudding and nothing else), but seriously, this is the only time I've ever thought to myself: Less is more. Not as much is going on, but it's so, soooooooo satisfying. I swear I taste whipped cream, too. It rivals Red Velvet surprisingly. If anyone doesn't like Red Velvet or is iffy about it, get this as the first new flavor Enlightened you try. Actually, get all the ones left on the shelf because it won't be there once you return and someone else tries it, too. Nothing tasted fake like it did in their Salted Caramel to me (but again, the caramel swirl isn't AS abundant, either), it's all wonderful.
    EDIT: After a glob of caramel, I take that back. This caramel swirl is different. It's more rich and buttery. Either I'm crazy or this one doesn't taste fake at all!
    bpubfp873spy.jpg
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

Oh, my...I've seen nothing but love for WF on this thread. You've come to the right place now! :smile:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Today at Giant I Bought Enlightened Sea Salt Caramel and Brownie/Cookie Dough. They had Mint, Triple Chocolate, and Peanut Butter. What did everyone think of the last three I mentioned.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    vpcqp2svr7th.png

Haven't tried the filled Peeps yet, but I DID try these over the weekend. Verdict: Meh. As a LOVER of Cotton Candy flavor, these didn't really hit the mark. Any cotton candy flavor at all was very faint, and possibly due to my expectations rather than actual existence. Not different enough from a regular Peep to be worth my $1.12. Will this stop me from trying the Bubble Gum flavor Peeps? Not likely . . .

WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS? Two of my greatest loves are cotton candy and red velvet flavored things, and I already tried the red velvet peeps so this is the last one on my bucket list for the time being. I'll lower my expectations if I have to.

Walmart! They also had Bubble Gum, fruit punch and a bunch of other fun flavors, but none of the dipped or filled ones (at least not yet- there's plenty of time until Easter).
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

vpcqp2svr7th.png

Walmart! They also had Bubble Gum, fruit punch and a bunch of other fun flavors, but none of the dipped or filled ones (at least not yet- there's plenty of time until Easter).

Walmart: If they don't got it, you don't need it. :smiley:
  • kaygold
    kaygold Posts: 92 Member
    Options

I love the Walden Farms Syrup, chocolate sauce, caramel, and sesame ginger dressing!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Today at Giant I Bought Enlightened Sea Salt Caramel and Brownie/Cookie Dough. They had Mint, Triple Chocolate, and Peanut Butter. What did everyone think of the last three I mentioned.

Wasn't crazy at all about the brownie, the sea salt caramel isn't bad, but if you really want a good first impression try the cookie dough first it's delicious and has plenty of cookie dough pieces!

Out of those you've mentioned, I would choose Triple Chocolate, Mint, then Peanut Butter. The peanut butter is kind of boring and (to me at least) hardly tastes like peanut butter and the chocolate chips just get downright annoying. The mint is really good, but nothing at all compares to the Triple Chocolate out of those. Girl to girl, save the Triple Chocolate for PMS xD

Also, be sure to let these pints thaw at room temperature for a good while before you eat them. Usually I thaw Halo Top for about 10 minutes or so and that's plenty, but Enlightened I thaw for 30 minutes (sometimes more, and sometimes I throw them in the microwave for 10 seconds after this)!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited February 2017
    Options

Wasn't crazy at all about the brownie, the sea salt caramel isn't bad, but if you really want a good first impression try the cookie dough first it's delicious and has plenty of cookie dough pieces!

Out of those you've mentioned, I would choose Triple Chocolate, Mint, then Peanut Butter. The peanut butter is kind of boring and (to me at least) hardly tastes like peanut butter and the chocolate chips just get downright annoying. The mint is really good, but nothing at all compares to the Triple Chocolate out of those. Girl to girl, save the Triple Chocolate for PMS xD

Also, be sure to let these pints thaw at room temperature for a good while before you eat them. Usually I thaw Halo Top for about 10 minutes or so and that's plenty, but Enlightened I thaw for 30 minutes (sometimes more, and sometimes I throw them in the microwave for 10 seconds after this)!

Thanks for your the reviews! I'm not a huge peanut butter fan in general so I'm glad I asked here first. The only peanut butter ice cream/gelato I've tried that I love is Talenti's Peanut Butter Pretzel.

Eventually I'll have to try the Triple Chocolate, but I better cool it for awhile since I bought those & more of the Halo Top Birthday Cake.

Does anyone know if Wegman's carries Enlightened in case I ever get there to find the rest of the flavors?

32343067673_62174cdcc8_z.jpg?resize=640%2C457&ssl=1

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2017/02/28/spotted-on-shelves-duncan-hines-perfect-size-for-1-mixes/

I bought the Confetti Cake & Caramel Cake

If these are good I might buy the Brownie & there was a Cookies & Cream flavor. I found these in an action alley at my local Wal-Mart.