My Dr made me feel like crap yesterday....

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, I think your doctor 'should have gone to Specsavers!'
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    But it's possible she forgot she must see so many patients. But I do think its time to find a new Dr. She can be very blunt sometimes & it is triggering.

Maybe she got you confused with someone else then?

Your doctor's comments don't make much sense as you look amazing in both photos so my inclination, where the facts are not established, is always to think the scenario which puts me in the best possible light is the right one ;)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You look strong, healthy and beautiful right now.
    I know it isn't where you want to be but maybe appreciate what you have while you work on getting where you'd like to be.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    is the increase in weight from muscle?
  • jlzazo
    jlzazo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think your doctor would appreciate a pair of glasses. You look great!
  • legsnbacon
    legsnbacon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Time to find a new doctor.
  • TriPaulCantRun
    TriPaulCantRun Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Your doctor needs her bumps felt, you look great!
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You're honestly perfect. Your doctor's cray.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Find a new doc.
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You look amazing in both photos. I agree with changing doctors. You need a doctor that can build you up not tear you down. Especially with your history of eating disorders.
  • mickey2942
    mickey2942 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You need to change providers. Stat.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Honestly - it looks like you've gained muscle, not fat. You look great! But good luck on your goals; if you find yourself restricting calories below healthy levels, please consider going to a new doctor.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the doctor was not being malicious?

This is basically my question/thought. How, exactly, did the doctor say this? And what did she follow up this statement with?

15-20 lb is what I would consider a fair amount of weight, but it's not necessarily bad. In addition, since your doctor knows of your battle(s) with anorexia, was she maybe pleased by the weight gain?
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    must be blind as a cuckoo , but where are those 20lbs?? you look great in both pics
  • healthypelican
    healthypelican Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You look great in both!
  • GeorgesGirl65
    GeorgesGirl65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sometimes doctors can be incredibly insensitive. My problem is that they always tend to look at me and say I should have weight loss surgery. At my age I now let them know that that was not appropriate when I am not seeing you about my weight. Of course I know I need to lose weight and no I don't want to have surgery! Yesterday my doctor made me cry because she asked me who was there to support me with my husband who has cancer, my broken wrist and my weight loss struggles. No one, no one is there to support me - I need a housekeeper.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Wow, your doctor was a jerk! I'm the same way. I'm fit, but not as fit as I was. If someone told me that, it would devastate me. I'm currently trying to get to the point that I'll be happy in a two piece. c31xfhaxjkc8.jpg
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You look lovely in both pics and perhaps your doctor was tactless. However, it's their job to talk about weight loss/gain with you.