Weekly challenge for 7/18-...for a lil extra cals burn..

Options

Replies

• AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    If you all have any exercises that you would like to see in the future during our weekly challenges please post them on my wall or send me a message.. will be posting the workouts for next week on Friday...Woot...Woot.. How is everyone's arms & quads "ouch"....★**✰˚ ˛★*
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Well crunches done, 100 equalling 4 sets of 25 with 30 seconds in between.
    50 chair dips done, 3 sets (2 of 15 and 1 of 20) OUCH !!!!!

I will do the jumping jacks when I go to the gym, have been doing 3 sets of 50!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Day 3 - Complete

Way to go, everyone!
  • prunella1066
    prunella1066 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in.......starting late but am in and ALL complete for today!! LOVE those chair dips!!

Thanks Rachel!! :D
  • AwesomeSauce4
    Options
    Okay My Wonderful Challengers.. Tomorrow is it for thes workouts I will post on here tomorrow what the workout will be starting next week 25-29...I will try and not be to tough..~lmsao~

No pain, no gain Sweeties *muah*

So proud of you all..Awesome Job!! Woot...Woot...*✰˚ ˛★*
  • vold94
    Options
    Didn't workout today, took day off, will get to them tomorrow though!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Day 4- completed! :smile:
  • vold94
    Options
    50 chair dips done
    100 crunches done
    150 jumping jacks done.

I missed 1 day, but great challenge... bring on the next weeks!
  • AwesomeSauce4
    Options
    Okay my lovies.. So proud of everyone who stuck to the Challenge this week Woot.. Woot...

Okay I had a lil friend or should I say a Big Strong friend help me out with this weeks challenge workout exercises.. Are y'all ready for this.. I hope so!!!!

2mins of Jumprope

60second planks with leg raises:

Single Leg Plank Raise
    1. Start by forming a straight plank with your forearms and feet as the contact points on the ground.
    2. Once the plank is formed raise one foot off the ground and then return to the starting position.
    3. Repeat this movement for the desired repetitions alternating back and forth between legs

10 pullups.

75 V-Up
    1) Start position: Lie back onto floor or bench with knees bent and hands extended towards ceiling. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
    2) Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders off floor or bench. Also raise legs up towards ceiling and attempt to touch your hands to your feet.
    3) Return to start position.

Enjoy this starts Monday July 25-29 "Good luck"

• amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    count me out of this one sweetie cant do any of those things. lol
  • 1petewest
    1petewest Posts: 281
    Options
    challenge within a challenge....

earlier this a.m. when i was jumping rope, i counted 247 jumps within 2 minutes! my legs are en fuego!!!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    How much of a pull-up is considered enough?
    Head above the bar
    Eyes/nose above the bar
    Arm muscles tensed and up on my toes.....?

I'm serious here-I haven't done pull-ups in years and I'm not sure how well I'll be able to, so I need to know what to strive for.
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm in! -- Why not? I'm going to do it simply because I dont want to, it sounds hard and it scares me. Okay really, its the jumping jacks that scare me. LMAO
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Well crunches done, 100 equaling 4 sets of 25 with 30 seconds in between.
    50 chair dips done, 3 sets (2 of 15 and 1 of 20) OUCH !!!!!

I will do the jumping jacks when I go to the gym, have been doing 3 sets of 50!

I love the way you have broken these up. I plan on doing the same. Thanks for the idea!
  • looking4au
    looking4au Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    LOL! I have the same question.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    Options
    How much of a pull-up is considered enough?
    Head above the bar
    Eyes/nose above the bar
    Arm muscles tensed and up on my toes.....?

I'm serious here-I haven't done pull-ups in years and I'm not sure how well I'll be able to, so I need to know what to strive for.

Hey sweetie.. just do the best you can do honey... Challenge yourself a lil further each day.. I have not did pullups in years and I tried out this challenge before posting it and I barely got 8 of them... but so proud of you for giving it a try.. ;)
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Hey sweetie.. just do the best you can do honey... Challenge yourself a lil further each day.. I have not did pullups in years and I tried out this challenge before posting it and I barely got 8 of them... but so proud of you for giving it a try.. ;)
    Okay. I don't see anywhere in the house I can do them easily so I'll run across the street to the school playground. Just listen for children laughing hysterically in the direction of Iowa and you'll know I'm out there. :):) If I can't manage full pull-ups I'd do a few rounds on the monkey bars instead. I think it's the same muscle groups.

Keep up these challenges-I wasn't sure I could do the first week but I did and amazed myself.
  • kimbsh01
    kimbsh01 Posts: 38
    Options
    i want to try this :)
  • kimbsh01
    kimbsh01 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm in! -- Why not? I'm going to do it simply because I dont want to, it sounds hard and it scares me. Okay really, its the jumping jacks that scare me. LMAO

OMG yess I hate jumping jacks
  • vold94
    Options
    Well I will attempt the second week of challenges! Jumping rope I should be able to do, plank leg raises ok, v sit ups possibly, pull ups, I doubt it! But I will give it a whirl! Will let you know monday how it goes!