Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've lost 140 Big Macs. .... the McDonalds brand. :)
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    I lost 16 basketballs!
  • Dalceridae
    Dalceridae Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've lost 21 horseshoes!
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 dozen eggs. Geez that's one big omelette!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I lost 55 hammers. Odd.
    Friday fitness, I only walked Sunday and yesterday. My BP moved up into a more normal range 103/61. Pretty good for, I want to say 345lb man but I'm not, a 275 pound man. Normally I'm textbook 120/65. Most new nurses check me twice. I saw my surgeon yesterday for follow up. I'm excellent, he told me to start exercises again. But to remember I am running a huge calorie deficit by design. I got to see the x-ray movie of me swallowing the barium. Very cool. My stomach is smaller than my esophagus or was with all the swelling the morning after surgery.

55 hammers, feels pretty good

@Nikion901 thank you and yes, anyone who decides to lose weight however they do it, gets up every day and does it again no matter what yesterday looked like is very brave.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Name: Holly
    Height:5'3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 267.0 lbs
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 251.0 lbs

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 267.0 lbs
    March 1: 266.2
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -0.8
    Weight -/+ this month

and it was probably a full pound but I was up a bit and drinking before I remembered to weigh and half my big water bottle is already gone, so I'm a happy camper this morning! I'm also looking for bigger numbers when I get over my recent illness and get back in the exercising mode and not just calorie counting!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I lost a small bale of hay! :)
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 -Yeah I know you do understand, I take mine three times a week and I lose 2-8 pounds depending on how closely I have followed my lower sodium diet and how much exercise I have gotten. I try to keep it under 1000mg per day, but it's hard and it helps when I get out and walk but lately I haven't been walking everyday due to my bronchitis, which is getting better everyday and today was my best day since I got sick at the beginning of Feb.
    @gullagr - thanks for posting that, we had a lot of fun with it. I lost a small Collie! That's pretty amazing when you think about it!
    @descene - Good for you, pushing past those things that have always derailed us before is a super accomplishment and I'm so happy for you. I've been experiencing some of those too and it really does help you fire you up for another segment of the journey!
    @pneschich - I get a big old smile on my face every time you give us one of your reports. I'm so stinking happy for you! You are doing so well and before you know it, you will be full speed at anything you want to do!
    @Misnomer971 - I've been doing really good with logging every day. Sometimes it really helps to just make up your mind and then make an announcement about it, so that there is some accountability there! Now I'm thinking I may have to think of some form of exercise that way and see what I can accomplish! And thanks for chiming in because there is something comforting about knowing you aren't the only one in the whole wide world that has a problem with something, that probably seems pretty silly to someone who doesn't struggle with it!
    I'm getting back down closer to my lowest weight and just as the weather is springing out, so I'm looking forward to being out walking more and going to the Y for water aerobics so hopefully I will soon see pounds starting to fall away again. I have some really pretty dresses that I haven't been able to wear for a long time, that I really want to get back into sooner than later!
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Cant seem to post complete posts. Congrats to everybody for that first challenge week. You are all such a big motivation to me!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Saturday Success ... finally had a day - yesterday - that did not go over my calorie goal limit. That's 1 out of - yahoo.
    Had a glass of wine last evening and was shocked by how much it cost. Also couldn't drink the single serving even after nursing it for 2 1/2 hours. Then this morning, I was very surprised when my fasting glucose was a full 12 points lower than yesterday ... wondered if that red wine before supper made the difference.
  • fangcat623
    fangcat623 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm really struggling with my eating behaviors lately. I find myself going into a blank space and doing some mindless eating. Searching out solutions on eating mindfully.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I think this has been my worst week both exercise and food ... I hope I have not gained much :'(
    Any tips on how to focus again?
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Greetings all! Not sure if anyone remembers me, I've been gone a longtime. I'm coming up on the 5 year anniversary of the stroke that sent me here to get healthier. I lost a total of 120 lbs but over the past few years I've gained back 85.....so here I am again!

How are you all?!
  • Urtel
    Urtel Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello dear friends, I just read all of you posts and some are doing very well, others struggling. It is not an easy lifestyle change, but I'm thankful for this community and the support provided. I hope that everyone will stay focused this week, remember to drink water, try your best with logging, exercising and eating healthy foods! Have an awesome fun filled week!
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I dipped my toe in the 280s on Friday morning but relaxed during the weekend back in the 290s. But I'd really like to migrate fully into the 280s over this next week.

I didn't come this far to just come this far.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Monday Checkin - Weight went up during the beginning of last week, but came back down again so that I finished off even to last Monday ... the slow down/set back has wiped out most of February's efforts but there are still 10 months in this year ... so perhaps I can recoup and still get to my Dec 31 destination with a bit more continual effort. ... Not perhaps! Gotta do it.!!!

:D:o:)
    As for our weight-loss challenge ... Not everyone was able to weigh-in by Sunday ... but 13 of us did ... and we shed a quantitative 34.9 pounds!

Have a great week everyone.
  • Misnomer971
    Misnomer971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So I guess I got excited about hitting 206 too soon, even though I made sure the scale showed it at least three consecutive times: immediately after my post last week my weight went up, and I've been at 207.8 pretty consistently. And it won't go down in time for this week's weigh-in, because I ate horribly over the weekend (I hadn't had any pizza in 6 months and then I had it two days in a row!). Ah well. I knew I didn't need to adjust my challenge goal quite yet. :)

I used 35 pounds (a weight of 208) for @gullagr's link and got "140 Quarter Pounders." Between my result and @Nikion901's, that site seems to have a McDonald's fixation. ;)
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Last night I went to Applebee's with my husband. We shares an appetizer which had mozarella sticks, wings, etc ... when I started checking the calories of all I ate ... in just one meal was like 1000 calories!!!
    Now I think about before that I would just order whatever I wanted and don't think about the calories and easily in one go I was eating a couple days worth of calories! Crazy!!
    And on my way home I was thinking that I didn't even enjoy it as much as before and that maybe I could just had my tomato soup and that was it.
    So I guess finally eating healthier options might be sticking and that I don't need as much as fried greasy food anymore :) however I do miss eating cheese .. I do have it but not as much as before.
    Anyway, have a good week everyone! Tons of water, veggies and exercise!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @happygirlxxx -- I have found that the stuff I used to gobble up before doesn't taste any better on the last bite than it did on the second one ... but that first bite is heaven. So ... if I can have one bite and be done, I'm in, if not, I'm out.