Food

Options
Hi My name Is Nicole, I'm just starting out on this app and I really have no idea what foods to eat that are good for me. I would really love some recommendations of healthy foods to eat for weight loss.

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything as long as you are in a deficit
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you eat. Only thing that matters is that you weigh it on a digital scale, log it in your diary here and stay within your target calories.
  • datraiderkid91
    datraiderkid91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Look at the labels of everything you buy the % helps a lot of how much you need to eat in a day , for example if something has 260mg of sodium that's about 10% of your daily value so now you know how much is too much, does that make sense to you? Hope I helped
  • razzapool
    razzapool Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i like lots of food so I tend to to stick to so called clean foods so I can have lots of them lol things like chicken breast, 2% turkey breast mince, tuna and lots vegtables so i don't feel hungry
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    razzapool wrote: »
    i like lots of food so I tend to to stick to so called clean foods so I can have lots of them lol things like chicken breast, 2% turkey breast mince, tuna and lots vegtables so i don't feel hungry

Nuts are deemed "clean" by some people but they pack a calorie punch.

OP, eat anything you like just make it fit your calories.

To feel fuller eat a lot of fruit and veg. I just ate 800g a day and was stuffed to bursting!
  • chescaandsam
    chescaandsam Posts: 9 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I felt the same when I started. So I started by logging all the foods I would normally eat. Over time I have been able to make smart food choices that fit into my calorie goal. I found by entering the food before I ate it helped. I was surprised how many calories are in certain foods such as mayonnaise. (I love mayo). I have adjusted and found lower calorie alternatives so I can still enjoy mayo with a meal and stay in my calorie goal.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Just remember some foods are more filling
    A bowl porridge will fill you up more than toast
    A chicken meal with jacket potatoe fresh veg will be more filling than a burger
    Same calories more food plus fresh unprocessed foods take longer to digest so your body burns more calories digesting chicken veg meal than a burger
    Cooking from scratch mean no extra addictives Salt etc added
    I have mixture of both that's why cals work for me as I can have what I like in my budget I just spend it wisely
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    Same calories more food plus fresh unprocessed foods take longer to digest so your body burns more calories digesting chicken veg meal than a burger
    I have mixture of both that's why cals work for me as I can have what I like in my budget I just spend it wisely

Most of that is different for each person. The burger fills me much more due to the fat content.

Thermic effect really won't make much difference.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

Most of that is different for each person. The burger fills me much more due to the fat content.

Burgers vary in goodness a McDonald's burger is made of produce we can't eat until they add a chemical
    Well done on a burger filling you up I'm all for eating what you like but you do need to try and be healthier
    A burger is not good for you compared to a proper chicken meal
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options

Burgers vary in goodness a McDonald's burger is made of produce we can't eat until they add a chemical
    Well done on a burger filling you up I'm all for eating what you like but you do need to try and be healthier

Yeah i disagree to a burgeer fills me up way more and is also more mentally satisfying to me.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    A burger fills me up too!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

Kind of sounds like woo to me XD Theres rules on what can be done to food thats then sold, Anything overtly bad like "chemicals" if they were anything to worry about definatly wouldnt be allowed in a chain as big mcdonalds. Its just food.

Im going to go to wendys now :D Mmmmm

It's making me want a big mac lol. Think I'll get one for lunch tomorrow :D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    See all those whole foods in your grocery store...eat a lot of those. Nutrition is for the most part, common sense when you stop buying into the industry nonsense.

I also had pizza on Friday night.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This thread is bad for me since im actually going to wendys later i was going to just order coffee but now i think im going to get a burger for sure :p I love me some burger but i wanted to try a new banana/oats cookie recipe tonight i wanted the calories for. Owell MMMMM

Edit: iv actually never had a big mac >.>

Kind of sounds like woo to me XD Theres rules on what can be done to food thats then sold, Anything overtly bad like "chemicals" if they were anything to worry about definatly wouldnt be allowed in a chain as big mcdonalds. Its just food.

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

Lol, my favorite too! All the rest of the sandwiches are not as good but maybe the McGriddle. Yum! Craving a BicMac now!