Are Squat Butts Real??

Options

Replies

• Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    In all those pics that chick has a sway back. That's not very good posture lol!

Squats have reduced my hips and the size of my bootie. I don't want a big butt. Lol!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    _Bro wrote: »
    Are "dumbbell biceps" real?

Over a very long time, yes.... Short term, meh!

this is totally irrelevant because most men aren't getting bicep implants.

It might have some relevancy in the sense some woman pics are more of genetics mixed with some exercise much like pics of men's arms are genetics mixed with some exercise.

Take my current profile pic, I could easily put my current profile pic up on IG with some lame meme wording of "Yoga doesnt make you more feminine". It holds truth, but my arms have more to do with genetics than yoga.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    _Bro wrote: »
    Are "dumbbell biceps" real?

Over a very long time, yes.... Short term, meh!

this is totally irrelevant because most men aren't getting bicep implants.

No, there are some men that are pretty stupid as well.

What is irrelevant is making a broad generalization like you did... My point is this, yes you can develop a certain muscle over a long period of time. Short term, however, you won't see dramatic results unless you are doing something with consequences (read drugs, implants, etc).
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options

She's real and not doing anything crazy. And not a IG star.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »

She has 195k followers, I put her up there in the the constellations of IG.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I could have asked this same question. I have a larger bottom shape...but my thighs actually make my butt look flatter than it actually is... I'd LOVE to make it bigger and get my thighs smaller... and IG can be really depressing lol. I need to lose about 20 lbs and I'd love to tighten my core, get my waist in as much as possible and get my butt bigger...
    Personal trainers seem to want you to loose your butt, which is not my goal...
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

But she's also been filming herself for years, not just snapping weird angle shots for people to wank off to.

I wasn't disputing that, only that she isn't a IG star nor promoting her product.
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    I could have asked this same question. I have a larger bottom shape...but my thighs actually make my butt look flatter than it actually is... I'd LOVE to make it bigger and get my thighs smaller... and IG can be really depressing lol. I need to lose about 20 lbs and I'd love to tighten my core, get my waist in as much as possible and get my butt bigger...
    Personal trainers seem to want you to loose your butt, which is not my goal...

Anyone here want to make a thread with this goal being the focus and we can post advice we receive, any trainers that might want to chime in can and we can post our workouts, diet and progress?? IDK just an idea.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    hope516 wrote: »
    Gondowolf wrote: »
    Plus looking from your pics,you mailny gain fat in the waist and butt area so if you lose weight the last few pounds will stay there and will help your butt look bigger if you build a good muscle foundation.

You really know how to charm a woman, don't you. ;)

My pride has clunked in and insisted I inform you that I actually have a proportionately small waist compared to the rest of me.

Back on topic!

From what I gather is women can gain large muscles naturally, but it would take a concerted effort of years.

I could be wrong but I think he meant to say it looks like you gain weight around the hips....
    That would make a lot of sense.

a4zofz1z5o65.jpeg
    5kr1jp97hfmb.jpeg
    066hv6l7q6xo.jpeg
    04w6f7lihe1e.png

Like this girl. Is this for real?? I follow her and she's so articulate and knowledgable. But then j look at those bum pics and I gotta wonder if that's actually possible to do naturally.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Kelli's v. popular on social media but was an active member of MFP for quite some time (If she has an account now it's under a different name, she was on my friends list on my last account)- She's pretty genuine and had a bunch of pics in her profile which indicated that she'd changed her physique over the years. I'd put money on her being implant free.

Roxy - the first girl on Bret's testimonials page...
    I would say 99% of the "squat butts" you see on instagram are photoshop or surgery.

You can acheive a nice fit booty with squats, but you aren't going to get a paige hathaway, kim k, nikki minaj, jen selter, Mariza Villarreal, butt by doing squats.

i think bret has some good before and afters similar to what's actually acheivable:

https://bretcontreras.com/testimonials/

Is a popular Instagram person but again, she's been about for a while and whilst I can't say I know her personally, I know of her and I know people she trains with. I think she's pretty good at marketing herself, but I'm also aware that she trains hard and takes quality advice from some big names in the UK fitness/competitor prepping arena, and has been doing so for years.

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    She's gained some body fat and her breasts are also larger. Whatever the lifting did for her, there are other things going on as well.
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    Plus looking from your pics,you mailny gain fat in the waist and butt area so if you lose weight the last few pounds will stay there and will help your butt look bigger if you build a good muscle foundation.

My pride has clunked in and insisted I inform you that I actually have a proportionately small waist compared to the rest of me.

Back on topic!

From what I gather is women can gain large muscles naturally, but it would take a concerted effort of years.

I could be wrong but I think he meant to say it looks like you gain weight around the hips....

a4zofz1z5o65.jpeg
    5kr1jp97hfmb.jpeg
    066hv6l7q6xo.jpeg
    04w6f7lihe1e.png

Like this girl. Is this for real?? I follow her and she's so articulate and knowledgable. But then j look at those bum pics and I gotta wonder if that's actually possible to do naturally.

She also obviously gained weight. I'm not sure that that much mass in the butt is possible... but she also gained even in her chest...maybe 20 lbs...so she may have gained fat in those areas as well.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Back on topic!

Well she is posing differently in the photos and flexing/sticking her booty out, which is fine but obviously can be deceiving. I would say take a look at the second photo (2012-2016) which I find the most reasonable out of all of them. My two year transformation is pretty dramatic (not as dramatic as hers) but it is definitely possible with proper glute focused training and eating at surplus
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

But she's also been filming herself for years, not just snapping weird angle shots for people to wank off to.

What are you talking about?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Back on topic!

a4zofz1z5o65.jpeg
    5kr1jp97hfmb.jpeg
    066hv6l7q6xo.jpeg
    04w6f7lihe1e.png

Yes, Abby is real -BUT- she is relying heavily on posing here. You can tell from the side shot that she has a normal fit butt.

A good give away of falseness is excessive volume in the upper butt and excessive size from the side.