What do you do when you feel unattractive?

Options

Replies

• Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    I force people to tell me I'm pretty
    Your very pretty
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    never happened.... check out my bank account balance I guess.....
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I'll do my makeup. I've gotten away from wearing it lately. When I feel icky I'll put some makeup on.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I have been called good looking, as well as ugly. I have been described as a gorilla as a compliment as well as an insult. I don't buy into any of it too much. Perception is reality, it's corny, but just look in the mirror everyday and say, Damn I look good! Even if you dont really feel that way. It's called fake it till you make it. Once you learn to love yourself for real then those "ugly" days don't mean a whole hell of a lot. :)

I actually agree with this...well not the gorilla part but the fake it part. Sometimes you have to have a devil may care attitude and just put your head up, shoulders back and strut around like you have all the confidence in the world....others will believe it and eventually you will to. if you're Confident about yourself you'll feel good
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    OP! I am in one of these spirals right now too!!

I've been feeling like a fat blob for ages but Facebook did that 'on this day' thing on a throwback to my 21st and I was like, "EWW who is that chick with the spiral curls and chubby face and no dress sense?!" I'm feeling a bit trapped, like I've always been ugly and always will be.

BUT I also know that when I was skinny (about 3 years back) I was pretty - but still unhappy with my nose, chin, eyes, hair, gait, EVERYTHING! So I'm working on me.

I've changed up my nail colour (such a tiny thing but still) and tried a new lipstick. Looking at doing something to my hair too. I'm alos giving myself the most stupid goal to focus on... a genioplasty/rhinoplasty fund. Yeah I should probably focus more on saving for a house deposit, but... I have no kids, and don't smoke/go clubbing/eat out often. I don't feel I will ever get a partner (sometimes I look at posts where these women are like 400lbs and are married - and I admit to having some very ugly feelings that I have to actively tamp down!!) - so I want to work on my confidence more.

I also leave you with this, one of my favourite quotes ever - because sometimes, all it takes is a great personality (which it sounds like you have) -
    CU0haXJWcAIiGLw.jpg

very true...... but don't feel unattractive... I imagine your a lot of fun to be with... and a partner who wants to be with somebody 'coz they are a certain weight, isn't the one to be with anyway!!.... x
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    I just say screw it and go clean something
  • ditsyblond17
    ditsyblond17 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Watch my 600 pound life.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    Watch my 600 pound life.

Oh man I do that too!!!
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I watch the Hot-Crazy Matrix video on You-Tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU

The gal version is first and the guy version is at like 5:45

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Get annoyed and say *kitten* it

Eat a yummy meal and make sure I get in my work out

Ask my mom if I'm ugly and fat she would never lie and obviously has no bias at all
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm a dude. I'm always unattractive. I have a job. That's all I got.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I'm actually going with a friend Wednesday for a pedi and girl time. I'm sure that will help. I'm napping for work tonight so I'll answer more individual posts soon. Keep them coming!
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    idk1970 wrote: »
    Your very pretty

Thank you!
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    idk1970 wrote: »
    Your very pretty

Thank you!

Your welcome
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I think it helps to focus on the things I like about myself.

I feel much better about my appearance if clothes fit me- not baggy, not too tight.
    I feel good wearing colorful clothes. I like wearing a colorful shirt or sweater. Usually solid colors.
    Pants or skirts are usually a neutral color though.
    Shoes are usually neutral because I don't have very many.
    I don't usually wear jewelry or scarves. I have one purse.

My straight fine hair does not do anything. I have a shoulder length cut. I pull it back most days into a ponytail.
    I never wear eye makeup. I hate eyeliner and mascara.
    I do wear mineral makeup (Everyday Minerals) to even out my complexion. I use some blush and lip balm (Burt's Bees lip shimmer). That's it.

I don't wear sloppy clothes when I leave the house.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Mine lasted about a decade...