Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Clean eating

Can anyone shed some light for me on now low fat or fat free Greek yogurt can be included in clean eating recipes when the ingredient list is huge and full of junk? And the full fat type is 300 calories for a cup!!! Help!!

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,241 Member
    edited March 2017
    What ingredients are listed? In the one I eat (low fat) the ingredients list is: "Cows' milk".
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Have you tried looking at other brands?

http://www.chobani.com/products/plain#plain-non-fat

Ingredients

Nonfat Yogurt (Cultured Pasteurized Nonfat Milk). Contains Milk. Contains Live And Active Cultures: S. Thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus, L. Acidophilus, Bifidus And L. Casei.
  • Seffell
    If there are none then I would be seriously concerned what is in this 'yogurt' lol.
  • Seffell
    Incidentally the reason yougurt is recommended by our GPs when we have tummy issues is because these bacteria are helpful in digestion.
  • cherylw32904
    cherylw32904 Posts: 1 Member
    be careful of all the sugar that is in yogurt. I stopped eating it for that reason.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I just looked at my Fage 0 Greek Yogurt - it is only skim milk and yogurt cultures. Nothing huge or junky.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    be careful of all the sugar that is in yogurt. I stopped eating it for that reason.

I have no issues with lactose. I believe it can be an issue if you are lactose intolerant.
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Thank you everyone. I wasn't referring to the cultures as junk. Obviously this is the primary reason to eat the yogurt. I was reading containers at Walmart and got frustrated and gave up. I don't recall the brands but this post makes me more comfortable that I can find something without additives and extras. Thanks again for the links.