Share - some of the crazy, underhanded, or bizarre food labeling and packaging you've come across

Options
12345679»

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    pthyay wrote: »
    the washing instructions sown into my running shorts say WASH THIS WHEN DIRTY. (I do. It works!)

:D:D:D:D aeons ago i bought one of those cardboard accordion thingies for keeping the sun out of your car. when i was folding it up i discovered one part of the instructions said REMOVE BEFORE PUTTING CAR IN MOTION. hee hee.

• BeChill73
    BeChill73 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I hate the labelling on soup cans. Never in my life have I eaten half a can of soup.

ETA: I have eaten just two oreos, though, because I'm a freak of nature.

I have a can of condensed soup here that contains (when prepared with added milk/water) 3.4 servings. I can't fathom how they decided on that figure... seems a bit arbitrary.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    pthyay wrote: »
    Not a food packaging example, but the washing instructions sown into my running shorts say WASH THIS WHEN DIRTY. (I do. It works!)

Also not food but similar to the above...

On a pair of cotton under wear, the washing instruction was: dry clean only. :flushed:

I should have taken them to the dry cleaners' just to see their faces. :tongue:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Dana_E wrote: »
    Do any of you remember Olestra? Give it a google.

I remember Olestra, though I never had the privilege of trying it. It does remind me of the customer reviews on Amazon for Haribo sugar-free gummy bears. If you have ten minutes, a box of tissues, and no recent abdominal surgery, I highly recommend reading through them.

:D I always bring up the Sugar Free Gummi Bears review to coworkers.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Dana_E wrote: »
    Do any of you remember Olestra? Give it a google.

I remember Olestra, though I never had the privilege of trying it. It does remind me of the customer reviews on Amazon for Haribo sugar-free gummy bears. If you have ten minutes, a box of tissues, and no recent abdominal surgery, I highly recommend reading through them.

:D I always bring up the Sugar Free Gummi Bears review to coworkers.

Those little Tales from the Loo can bring sunshine to the dreariest workplace. :sunglasses:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    Linzon wrote: »
    I thought this was a gag gift when I first saw it.

I know people are trying to lose weight but does it really have to come to THIS?

whipped-peanut-butter-spread.jpg

100% GUARANTEED for what exactly? :laugh:

..what exactly is that if it's free of everything? Is it a jar of peanut-scented air?

I had to know too so I found this on the Walden Farms website:

PeanutSpread.gif

Basically thickeners with color and flavor added. :s

Okay, one of my coworkers brought this junk in to work one day and encouraged people to try it. It looked awful to me so I declined then watched everyone who tried it turn green and all but scrape their tongues clean after spitting it out! They all said it was nasty. The funny thing is the coworker that brought it in had never tried it and basically attempted to use us all a Guinea pigs to see if it was any good. Lol

Hilarious! Ahahahahaha!