Planet Fitness or Planet Fatness?

Options
PersianKitty94
PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
So today is free pizza Monday at the gym. I just can't wrap my head around eating pizza at the gym. I've been a member for 3 years and this is the first time I've come to the gym on pizza day. It's crazy packed up in here. Can't tell if people are here to workout or eat. I know it's a judgement free zone and all but I can't not judge people for eating while working out.

Replies

• Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I noticed that sign the other day, I had to read it twice, I thought I was having a starvation breakdown! I've never been and never will, the idea is nuts.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Altess wrote: »
    Don't like the perk don't join that gym.
    Don't throw stones, just be happy they were at the gym. It is ONLY for one night a month.
    I know the only way I could get some of my friends to darken a gym's doorway is with free pizza.
    Goodness sakes folks lighten up.

How many slices did you have?
  • Altess
    Altess Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Don't throw stones, just be happy they were at the gym. It is ONLY for one night a month.
    I know the only way I could get some of my friends to darken a gym's doorway is with free pizza.

How many slices did you have?
    None, I go to the gym at 4 am. Way to early for pizza. ;)
  • PersianKitty94
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I eat rice krispie treats, sour patch kids, now and laters, and protein bars during my workout.

I probably wouldn't eat the pizza just because I like to be in a space where I can enjoy my food and I don't really want to sit around at the gym eating delicious pizza. Rather do it while watching an episode of Seinfeld at home.

It's completely fine to eat pizza at home or anywhere really. Just not at the gym.
  • PersianKitty94
    Options

Don't forget Bagel Tuesday.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    They use that as bait to bring in and keep the useless dreamers who wants to lose weight. I heard most of the planet fitness members get easily intimidated by people who actually work out hard.
  • kathydillon88
    kathydillon88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    planet fitness here doesnt do that ..
  • saskifish
    saskifish Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    They use that as bait to bring in and keep the useless dreamers who wants to lose weight. I heard most of the planet fitness members get easily intimidated by people who actually work out hard.

This.

I don't live in the US but I've heard of this phenomenon. And while its a good marketing strategy, it doesn't belong in a gym. Not with pizza places and all manner of junk food places on every corner. The grease smell would put me off going that day regardless.
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    It's just a strategy to get people through the door! Like neon lights.
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    They no that most people who sign up for gym membership dont last!
This discussion has been closed.