Lent 2017 - 40 days of logging

Options

Replies

• jen4am
    jen4am Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One week in and doing great! Saturday was bad, and I did go over my calorie limit. I am actually exercising too, which is okay, but a push each day

Happy for the discussion and motivation! My friends don't need to loose weight, so I always feel like it's such a struggle doing it alone.
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I lost an aunt this week, tonight we had her rosary about 30 miles from where I live, so by time we drove there, had the vigil, visited with family and came home, I decided to just have a bowl of cereal. My calories are on the low side (not way low) and I have found myself snacking ever since. My calories will be well within range, but healthier food would have been better.
  • lcdoglover
    lcdoglover Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm hoping the conversation late but I've been logging and doing a healthy fast, adding exercise and eliminating sweets. So far so good! Even including healthy fish three times since last week. Glad to have other lenters to talk to!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was harder than usual to stick to daily calories. Today seems normal. Wish i could figure out why that happens!

Sunday was difficult for me but I fixed it by going for a walk to earn back some exercise calories.

Monday I was under my calorie goal by 319 calories
    Today was a 259 calorie deficit

Trying to get back to my original plan of Treadmill 3 times per week at 30 minutes each.
  • inthegrotto
    inthegrotto Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I gave up social media and laziness for Lent! That is what lead me to find MFP. Let's go!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    kaseyatim wrote: »
    I gave up social media and laziness for Lent! That is what lead me to find MFP. Let's go!
    I've cut back on my FB and twitter but I've replaced those with mfp forums! Surely mfp is a better addiction though;)

• _runnerbean_
    Options
    Day 8 Wednesday. I feel like I'm seeing progress on the scale at last. Since Christmas I've bee losing and gaining the same 3 pounds. This week the scale has been trending downwards. My weekends can be my downfall so I'm going to really focus this weekend on keeping up my healthy eating.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I am just starting my goals for lent are 1. Log all my food 2. Drink more water 3.volunteer at food bank once a week. So far doing well but about to float away
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    Day 9- Thursday. So pleased with myself, my logging has been excellent since the weekend. Weather improving too, went for a short walk in the sunshine yesterday. Hope you are all having a good week.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Well, I missed 2 days this week with logging. The grandpa and I drove out-of-state to babysit the grandkids (an infant and a toddler) and just keeping up with them was about all I could handle. Plus, I was eating like a 3 year old grazing on fruit, hot dogs, cheese sticks and hummus (which he loves). It was too difficult to track since I was also cleaning up his leftovers (shades of days gone by). I don't know how young parents can keep track! OR find the time to exercise! (I recall I used to do it when the kids were napping, but that didn't work out with grandparent duties.)

Anyway, back home again and logging faithfully. Hopefully I won't get kicked out of this challenge for missing a couple days!

In new news, my father-in-law just offered me a Nordictrack exercise bike that one of his renters left behind. It's a pretty nice one, too! We'll pick it up on Saturday, so I'm pretty excited about that! I prefer to exercise outside or go to the pool, but we've had non-stop rain for weeks so having another option is awesome!

ETA: Still faithfully alcohol-free for the Lenten season. I only really missed it on Day 2, so I know I can do this!
  • anniehiver24
    anniehiver24 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just new to MFP, saw this post and thought I'd contribute (although I can't necessarily promise that i'll log it).

For lent I gave up toast and poutine.
    I know this is a very specific thing to give up, but I LOVE my poutine.
    It was funny because the very first day of lent, the cafeteria I eat at (and pre-pay for all the meals) was serving poutine. More specifically, cheeseburger bacon poutine.

It's was like a test right off the start, but I made it. And still going strong, even with just this little thing.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    When you say you're logging 'each of the 40 days', does that mean you take the Sabbath off? Or is it really a 46-day challenge?
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Options
    Day 9..... still going strong....logged everything that enters my mouth, stayed in my calories, and exercised everyday....it feels good......knowing I'm really doing it!!!

@Bdonjon.......some of us are doing Sunday's.....some aren't.....up 2 u....
  • jen4am
    jen4am Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very bad day here, got bad news and just wanted to eat! Totally went off the plan today
  • daworley
    Options
    jen4am wrote: »
    Very bad day here, got bad news and just wanted to eat! Totally went off the plan today

Oh no! I will pray for your situation and strength thru it. We are here for one another.
  • daworley
    Options
    I have stayed with it and going strong this Lent...not that I don't want candy and to play FB games. Yesterday was my aunt's funeral, I did eat a little more than usual, still within my calories. I loved seeing my cousins and other aunts and uncles. Tomorrow I have a root canal at 7:00 AM! I am not looking forward to that.
  • jillybean205
    jillybean205 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    christys03 wrote: »
    Day 9..... still going strong....logged everything that enters my mouth, stayed in my calories, and exercised everyday....it feels good......knowing I'm really doing it!!!

@christys03 I think we joined or started on the same day! I feel the same, having good success so far. Happy with 9 days.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    When you say you're logging 'each of the 40 days', does that mean you take the Sabbath off? Or is it really a 46-day challenge?

I'm sticking it out through Holy Saturday and plan to include the Sundays, so that will be 46 days for me. I believe there are others who are doing the same. When there's refenece to the "40 days of Lent" many people don't realize that Sundays are not counted.
    Just new to MFP, saw this post and thought I'd contribute (although I can't necessarily promise that i'll log it).

For lent I gave up toast and poutine.
    I know this is a very specific thing to give up, but I LOVE my poutine.
    It was funny because the very first day of lent, the cafeteria I eat at (and pre-pay for all the meals) was serving poutine. More specifically, cheeseburger bacon poutine.

It's was like a test right off the start, but I made it. And still going strong, even with just this little thing.

No matter if it's big or small. If it's a sacrifice that means something to you, then that's all that what counts!

I've always wanted to try poutine, but it's not something you find on the menu where I live. It sounds decadent!