Halo Top...how the heck do they do it???

Options

Replies

• Lin_marie11
    Lin_marie11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the Birthday cake one and hated it. Tasted very artificial to me. I've been looking for more flavors and can't seem to find any.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Everyone loves that oatmeal one? I love Halo Top and that's the first flavor I tried that I thought was yuck. I tend to just stick to chocolate or vanilla. I like the 240 calorie count because I eat the whole thing.
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the Birthday cake one and hated it. Tasted very artificial to me. I've been looking for more flavors and can't seem to find any.

I didn't care for the Birthday Cake flavor very much; it was too sweet without much flavor. But then I tried sprinkling on some Ovaltine and it ended up tasting like chocolate with vanilla frosting! B)
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    If it's any consolation @zyxst, it's twice as expensive as B&J.

B&J here is almost $5 a pint. halo top is cheaper.

B&J is $3.50 here, Halo Top is often over $6, and it never goes on special. :(

The halo top is much more expensive in Oregon as well, my husband really wanted to try his own flavor and I made us skip weekend Starbucks to compensate. $13 for two!!! Never again. It's good but I can't justify that!
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one mentioned chocolate almond crunch. By far, my fave. Worth every penny (but my kids are grown and out of the house, otherwise I'd have to hide it). :wink:
  • bshrom11
    bshrom11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love the oatmeal cookie that's my fave!
  • Devol82
    Devol82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love this stuff!!
  • fupthesides
    fupthesides Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I really like Halo Top...
    Salted Caramel - Really Great my personal fave.
    Chocolate-Good Flavor, smooth and cream. At go to.
    Vanilla-Very good
    Chocolate Almond Crunch-Eh... its okay. I do think the bits of almonds are a nice touch.
    Black Cherry- It's good after the 2nd bite... It's almost like there is another flavor with this not just cherry.
    Birthday cake-Its good but it's almost too sweet. So you can't eat more than 1 serving. I love the sprinkles.

Next on the list to try is: Lemon Cake and Cookies and Creme if its in stock.

HEB sells it... but only 2-3 flavors depending on the store. I tend to buy it at Whole Foods.
    Ben & Jerry is about $4 and this is $5 so yeah... about what and what.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Krogers has Halo Top on a special price for $3.50 if you buy 5. There is a lot of different things to choose from....cereal ,cheese etc.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful that ice cream is not one of my favorites. Or at least, I can go a long time without it! I have seen Halo Top at our Kroger, but have resisted so far.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm such a sucker for Halo, especially when it's on sale for $2.88 at the Shoprite by me. Oatmeal is by far my favorite followed by pistachio and mint chip.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I still am not in the in crowd. I could not pay the $5 for the pint. My sister bought me some for my birthday but I have not touched it yet. I think it is just because I am stubborn and do want to follow the crowd. Maybe this weekend.
  • rckc1
    rckc1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb, pay $5 for 4 servings, have it maybe once a week or so. Well worth it to me. I love the lemon....
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it...but I am soooooooooooo interested.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I keep a pint of Blue Bell in my freezer and just make sure to have some calories left over when I have a hankering. There are very few "diet" foods that are worth it in my opinion. Halo Top was, eh ...
  • whoffmann
    whoffmann Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Color me intrigued. I had tried the Arctic Zero but it was TERRIBLE. Didn't have the mouth feel, flavor, or softness of ice cream. But now I'll have to try Halo Top, especially since peanut butter cup is my drug of choice.