Lent 2017 - 40 days of logging

Options

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Day 10- what is poutine? I presume it's not the same as "poteen" which is Irish moonshine/alcoholic drink made from potatoes!
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Ok we are at 2 weeks and as of yesturdays weigh in I am down 4 lbs. I am drinking extra water and this afternoon is my day volunteering at food bank in my neighborhood.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Ok we are at 2 weeks and as of yesturdays weigh in I am down 4 lbs. I am drinking extra water and this afternoon is my day volunteering at food bank in my neighborhood.

Down 4 pounds is completely awesome! Great progress!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Day 10- what is poutine? I presume it's not the same as "poteen" which is Irish moonshine/alcoholic drink made from potatoes!

I've never had it, but my understanding is that it's a Canadian dish of french fries and cheese curds covered with gravy. Probably lots of variations like we have cheese fries or chili fries here in the US.
  • anniehiver24
    anniehiver24 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    k0dle7bu0y90.jpg

Saw that people were interested in what Poutine is, here's a picture above :)

And thank you all for the support! :smiley:

• RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Poutine looks delicious! Way better than my oatmeal this morning. :D
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    Day 11. I'm up early to eat my "power porridge" before I go to my local Parkrun 5k. Nothing too special about the porridge- oats with raisins and cinnamon, cooked with almond milk and topped with soya cream and maple syrup. Like a cake but healthier!
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    Day 12 Sunday. One glass of red wine for me last night. Was very tempted to have a second but managed to distract myself. I find I eat more if I drink alcohol so it's a double bad choice!
  • rsmotivated
    rsmotivated Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    last week went well. I was able to get my 5 days of exercise in. I logged each day. Love all the support thanks everyone. Let's keep up the great work!!
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    Day 13 Monday. Took the kids for ice cream yesterday and "accidentally" ate one too. Did log it though. Looking forward to a week of healthy eating. Couch to 5k run planned for lunchtime. Have a good week everyone.
  • theemsicle1986
    theemsicle1986 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wish I'd seen this sooner. What a great idea. I've given up alcohol for Lent and am going strong :D only lost 1lb from it so far, but still a pound is a pound!
  • PenGirl91
    PenGirl91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I gave up junk food for lent and just saw this today. I've just got back on the bandwaggon in terms of logging food but I need motivation to do the workouts! I live in Canada where it's still winter temperatures outside. Any fun indoor workout ideas out there?
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Options
    Day 13.... still going strong! Logging, staying in my calories, and workout daily....having to avoid serious obstacles....food temptations, saga tours....but even have my coworkers walking now @ lunchtime!!!! I'm loving this! Hope you all are well!!!! Let's get this!
  • christys03
    Options
    Sabotaging ppl I meant about lol...
  • sheepiegail
    sheepiegail Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    wish I'd seen this sooner. I've been absent for a long time but just got the garmin vivoactive which is linked to MY Fitness Pal. So I'd like to give up alcohol for the month in prep for the Boston Marathon which is on April 18th so I figured it will still count. Also want to log all foods for the month. Both are big challenges but I think if I can do one why not both fingers crossed anyways. wish me luck. Anyone know of a way so that I get a prompt/ring on my phone to keep on track lol no seriously :)
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    Day 14 Tuesday. I'm seeing my scale going down which is VERY encouraging. Also my rosacea seems to be under control so I'm seeing results there too. Glorious sunny day here in Ireland, stay safe those of you in the snow storms in USA.
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    Day 15- busy day with work yesterday- managed to get out for a walk in the morning. Logged all my food, bit heavy on the snacks, oops!
  • christys03
    Options
    Day 15. Continue to get it done even though I've felt tired the last few days...time change i think. Managed to finally lose...so that's a plus.
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    Day 16 Thursday. Still logging, had a rest day for exercise today but still managed 10k steps and some stretches/sit ups. Looking forward to St Patrick's day tomorrow.
  • christys03
    Options
    16........same.....truckin along.....nervous about our st. Patrick's day potluck tomorrow....I just need 2 b very careful.....