Potatos

Options
13»

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    you must share this magical method with me. I love baking up potato discs..Season them up and they get all puffed up and delicious, Dip in a little ketchup. Yummy. Or potato waffles. Potatoes are literally atleast 50% of my diet lol

Not sure that it would work for discs. I just stab each potato about eight times with a fork (prevents possible explosion), wrap each in a wet paper towel, and zap the lot for 6-10 minutes, depending upon total mass.
  • GaveYouPower
    GaveYouPower Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This is how you enjoy em'; peel em', fill the pot with water till you're just covering them (depending how many you're boiling of course, I'm assuming just a portion), add 2 tablespoons of Oil (preferably Extra Virgin Olive Oil), and finally a very generous sprinkle of salt. The aim is to cook them so the potatoes soak up all the water so no draining is needed. Takes about 35 mins or just a tad more. They're divine I tell ya.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    This is how you enjoy em'; peel em', fill the pot with water till you're just covering them (depending how many you're boiling of course, I'm assuming just a portion), add 2 tablespoons of Oil (preferably Extra Virgin Olive Oil), and finally a very generous sprinkle of salt. The aim is to cook them so the potatoes soak up all the water so no draining is needed. Takes about 35 mins or just a tad more. They're divine I tell ya.

Peel potatoes? Are you mad?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options

• GaveYouPower
    Options

Lol. Are boiled potatoes foreign to you?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

I'm mostly Scottish/Irish. One does not simply peel a potato. I tend to eat mine like an apple (just pick it up and bite), though baked, obviously. Raw potatoes are a taste that even I can't acquire. ;)
  • GaveYouPower
    Options

I'm mostly Scottish/Irish. One does not simply peel a potato. I tend to eat mine like an apple (just pick it up and bite), though baked, obviously. Raw potatoes are a taste that even I can't acquire. ;)

Ah of course. I dunno man, you need some variety in your life.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

Ah of course. I dunno man, you need some variety in your life.

Nah, I'm a creature of habit, and function best in extremes. My eating is borderline robotic in nature. I feed the machine, not an inner child or emotion that probably never really existed anyway.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Ha. This is the Scottish conflict. I peel my potatoes. Boiled tatties (never my favourite, my mum bought cheap waxy potatoes, never have worked out what they're good for) or roast tatties par boiled before throwing in the oven with fat. Oh and mashed potatoes have to be peeled. And chips/fries. Lots of reasons to peel!

I didn't have a "proper" baked potato at home ever I don't think. Done in the microwave mostly. But then my mother was particularly crap at parenting so.......
  • GaveYouPower
    Options

Ha. This is the Scottish conflict. I peel my potatoes. Boiled tatties (never my favourite, my mum bought cheap waxy potatoes, never have worked out what they're good for) or roast tatties par boiled before throwing in the oven with fat. Oh and mashed potatoes have to be peeled. And chips/fries. Lots of reasons to peel!

I didn't have a "proper" baked potato at home ever I don't think. Done in the microwave mostly. But then my mother was particularly crap at parenting so.......

Casually throwing the Mother under the bus there. Should've made your own damn baked potato.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Casually throwing the Mother under the bus there. Should've made your own damn baked potato.

Without getting too deep and miserable on a fitness forum. Baked potatoes are the least of her parenting fails.
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I had 423 grams (raw) of baked potatoes (292 cals) as part of my dinner last night, topped with black bean dip (76 cals) and plain yogurt (74 cals) -- delicious and filling.

That sounds so so so tasty
  • Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options
    A great source of potassium!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    The fact that it is my primary refeed day reminded me of this thread.

Time to eat 5 lbs. of potatoes today, between the red skins and sweets.
  • carmelbg
    carmelbg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I looove potatoes, and we grew so many I am still eating last years crop yummy
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    potatoes are yum! I love them.

its what you put in/with/on them that knock up the cals and frankly wreck a good spud lol.

• bienemajamfp
    bienemajamfp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Potatoes have a bad reputation because of their glycemic index. I eat them with herb quark or fried eggs. Very filling together with protein.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Potatoes have a bad reputation because of their glycemic index. I eat them with herb quark or fried eggs. Very filling together with protein.

Honestly, I find them absurdly filling without anything else. I just microwave bake, and eat it with my hands. Seriously, putting in 500 kcals of plain potato at once can be a challenge.