Can't eat that?

Options
13»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP have you taken the time to read the stickied "most helpful forum posts" at the top of the Getting Started and other sections? If not, I suggest you do, and maybe have your mom read along with you. They will help you understand how MFP works (like that your deficit is already built into the goal MFP provides when you set up your profile and enter a goal of losing x pounds/week), how to log accurately, about the macronutrients (protein, fat, carbs) that are in all foods and how you can balance those according to your goals and eating preferences, etc.

As others have said, you can eat any foods within a calorie deficit and lose weight. It might be good, since you are a bit confused, to share your stats (height, weight, goal weight and goal rate of loss) and the calorie target that MFP provided so that people can confirm you've got it set up correctly and then if there are other misconceptions you or your mom have (like that only vegetables are healthy and carbs make you gain weight) then people can help sort that out.

• allisonl6
    allisonl6 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 maple dip donuts for breakfast today because I felt like it. I'm down almost 40lb since December. You can eat anything as long as you eat it in responsible amounts. I.E. I probably won't have donuts again for a while :P
  • metalmeow1
    metalmeow1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    allisonl6 wrote: »
    I ate 2 maple dip donuts for breakfast today because I felt like it. I'm down almost 40lb since December. You can eat anything as long as you eat it in responsible amounts. I.E. I probably won't have donuts again for a while :P

Omg I've been wanting donuts so bad for a couple of days! It's so nice knowing I can pick some up later and it's totally okay. I've given up nothing and I'm still losing weight.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    linlinjay wrote: »
    She thinks that only if i eat vegetables i will lose weight

Vegetables are carbs
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    What I would do is to sit them down and very clearly explain your diet plan, exactly what you're doing, and what foods you will or won't be eating. That way they can have a better idea of what you're trying to do, and how you're going about it.

I wouldn't even take it that far. Whenever someone asks or says something about what I can't or can't eat on my diet (steak? Birthday cake? Ice cream? Fast food?) I tell them it's my diet, I eat what I want, and obviously it works.

That is the ultimate trump card. B)