How to talk to those who think I have lost enough and am getting too thin

123457»

Replies

• cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    I get this every now and then...especially from my mother in law who's overweight, has cholesterol and diabetes issues as well as other health issues and I just smile and ignore her...what I want to say is 'you need to spend less time worrying about my weight and worry more about yours'.....but I love my wife and prefer not to be in the doghouse.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Frankly, you aren't obligated to tell anyone your weight. I don't. I've heard it said that there are two things a lady never tells, her weight and her age. I'm only half a lady. I'm 44 and proud to be the healthiest I can be. My weight is no one's business.
  • Berkgal33
    Berkgal33 Posts: 71 Member
    Thanks for the additional responses. I was very surprised to get them, and they are much appreciated. I am down to 155, a size 10, and am hearing the too thin remark STILL. My favorite response, depending on the person, was and still is "I see me naked, you don't and it's not pretty!" I want to get to 150, the high end of my normal BMI, possibly 145 (a girl can dream) so I have a few pounds to play with depending on what I have going on. I like the crab escaping the bucket imagery! Thanks again!! This site rocks.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Usually people mean this as a compliment so I don't get my panties twisted over it.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    "K..."
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Just remember that you dont "owe" ANYONE an explanation for what you do - you are an adult, you make adult decisions and you live with the consequences. You establish your boundaries, and dont let anyone cross them if you dont want to. You are not obligated to answer rude or insensitive comments or questions. People may think they are being funny or helpful or complimentary, but really, comments on your body are inappropriate, just as saying "great tits" is inappropriate.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    if you're feeling cheeky you could pretend to be ill and watch them squirm lol