Someone look at my diary, and be honest!

Options
2»

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Instead of those sweet treats have a fruit treat once a day. and eat some real meats and a hearty salad with your lunches and dinners.
  • momontherun92
    Options
    Looks like too much bread/carbs, and hardly any fresh veggies or fruit. It's hard to find pre-packaged meals that aren't full of calories, fat, and sodium. Try making your own salad with fresh veggie, tuna or lowfat deli meats, cottage cheese, and lowfat/cal dressings. Snack on almonds or fresh fruit, or try sugar free ice cream treats to satisfy your sweet tooth. If you have a blender, you can whip up a great fruit smoothie in no time, lots of recipes on the internet! The more you can control what goes into your meal (making it yourself) the better it's going to be for you! Drink water, and chew sugar free gum to hold off extra snacking.
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Days with sausage rolls tend to kill your calorie limit.
    You never drink anything but water?
    do you stop entering food after you go over? from days with just breakfast and lunch.
    Do you just eat bread by itself?
    It may help if you plan out everything you eat ahead of time (like on the day you shop) and keep it in control. I constantly find myself tempted by bakery goods at the office, but I have what I need with me.

Perhaps a consistent exercise schedule? One piece of workout equipment (elliptical, tread mill, whatever) and the will to use it every day and add time to the workout every week can change your life.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    You need to eat veggies and cut out the ice cream(except for maybe once a week).
  • lizbanks
    lizbanks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    100% agree with barbarella. Its tough getting in the fresh fruits and vegetables too though. Prime example here! LOL!! I always keep cut vegetables and a fruit "salad" in the refrigerator. Once a week I stock up on fresh produce and as SOON as I get home, I wash it all, peel and cut if need be so that its ready to eat. I don't ever have to fuss with it after that. I've found that its SO much easier to get in what I need when I already have it ready to eat!
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    hmm only because you asked us to be honest. Some of it may sound harsh but only because I like helping with constructive suggestions...

the sugary processed snacks need to go (ice cream, brownie bites, chips, chocolate, etc.). try to make them a once in a while treat.. not daily. remember abs are made in the kitchen. more sugar = the bulge won't go. you can still eat carbs just make sure they're good carbs... fruits, oatmeal, whole grains, etc.

if you're looking for a good low cal fruit yogurt.. dannon light & fit is awesome.. it comes in really good flavors and only 80 cals a container and keeps me going.

I would up my protein. It helps because you won't be looking for extra cals through bad carbs. You may want to give that a go. Try taking out one snack a day for a protein shake or a protein bar.

I'm going to get jumped on for suggesting this but maybe try to make sure you're eating at least every 3 - 4 hrs. Some people say it doesn't do anything but I know it keeps me energized and stops me from eating crap throughout the day. When I start getting that 4 pm sluggishness I eat fruit.. bam - an instant energy boost, and then I end up eating less for my main meals and can do a dish of veggies or something light and fresh instead of feigning for a burger. One of the days you had a 1,100 calorie dinner. That's a lot of food for your body to process at one time. Eating 5 to 6 times a day will give yourself time to digest it all properly.

Also, it seems some of your totals don't add up. You wrote toast with nutella but I don't see carbs or sugar next to it, but I know nutella is a lot of sugar and toast is carbs. You could try peanut butter or something with some protein on your toast.

Water helped me.. only when you're thirsty of course but you should try to get a good amount. I don't agree the magic 8 is universal for everyone but when you feel yourself getting hungry.. sometimes it's really thirst.

Hope this helps!
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I see 3 main issues:

1. Too much sugar (yes processed - ice cream on a stick needs to go, brownie bites need to go, trufflese need to go)
    2. WAY TOO MANY CARBS
    3. WAY TOO LITTLE PROTEIN.

I suggest changing your macro ratio to 30/40/30 for carbs/protein/fat. That will provide you with about 100g of carbs a day. I know that's a shocker but this is what your body needs. Feel free to look at my diary to see what that ratio looks like.

Stop eating all these processed carbs for breakfast - try greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc. - the point being - make your meals centered around protein not carbs.

If you are craving sugar, have a fruit OR some peanut butter or almond butter (with no bread/crisps). Limit yourself to 1 serving a day.

Also - watch out for wrongly logged foods- example - your truffle entry shows 0 SUGAR....not a chance. You're prob looking at upwards of 23g of sugar not logged and that will put a serious derailer on your diet progress.

Best of luck and feel free to PM me if you have more questions!

Kate
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    More protien, fruit and veggies, way to much bread and sweets
    I had the same problem dropped most bread couple weeks ago
    I use flax seed pitas now 60 cal each they are huge cut in two they
    make 2 large pitas (walmart)
  • PuzzleGirl65
    PuzzleGirl65 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new at this, so take this for what it's worth: More veggies! And fruits! And water!!!!!
  • Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    keep away from the choc an have cereal bars instead:smile:
  • kerry1513
    kerry1513 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Definitely add more fruit and veggies. Throw some fresh fruit on oatmeal, add a big salad with dinner. Just a few suggestions.
  • kerry1513
    kerry1513 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Definitely add more fruit and veggies. Throw some fresh fruit on oatmeal, add a big salad with dinner. Just a few suggestions.
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    A lot of your calories are used on snacks. Try more balanced meals. You'll stay full longer.
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I Agree with everyone more fruits/veggies less processed food/carbs and more water
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I understand you're not going to cut out all processed foods or sweet treats. But make fruits/vegetables a priority. As well as protein. Assuming you're not vegetarian/vegan, eat more lean meat! Try to get a good balance of protein/fat/carbs in each meal.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but it looks like you eat quite a bit of junk food. You should lay off the processed foods and pick one day a week to go nuts on the icecream and chocolates.
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    More fresh fruits and vegetables and much less processed food. Maybe eat a larger breakfast, medium lunch and small dinner.
  • lamorte
    lamorte Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Ice cream, baked cheese and onion stuff and other junk food , Oh my!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You are eating too much processed food. The crisps , sweets and ice creams should be a once in a while treat, not an everyday occurrence. Eat more fruit and veg . Just because things are low in calories, it doesn't makethem good for you. Good luck.