True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess I just used my bum ankle to get out of changing a poopy diaper.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    fidycixer wrote: »
    I confess one of my coworkers IM's me once a week to tell me about the drama she has with her city's trash collection people/system. I confess that I have grown tired of it and begun being brutally honest with her that this drama is all in her head and those guys don't give a flying rats *kitten* about what she thinks. They are garbage collectors and just want to do it, get paid, and go have a beer before they have to go home. I confess now I am boring you with this stupid drama. But I needed to vent to someone. This is the dumbest *kitten* ever.

Seriously? What kind of trash drama could happen? This is kind of intriguing. But I would get tired of quickly as well. I have a work mate that brings a lot of stupid drama. I want to punch her most days.

No different than the parking ticket drama from a few weeks ago lol.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    I confess that my alcohol consumption has drastically reduced. I wish I could say that it is due to willpower, but it's due to the inconvenience of my location. I say... whatever works. A 6 pack once or twice a week is a lot better than a 24 every couple days and 3-4 nights at a bar.

Thats awesome Kas, I made a conscious decision that I was going back to my old ways of only drinking if I am around friends that drink or my wife lol which is a few times a month. This drinking alone is for the birds.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I confess that it concerns me a little bit that the cooking directions on the chicken sausage I am eating said "7-9 minutes in a hot frying pan OR 30 seconds in a microwave on HIGH".

That seems like a huge disparity in heat transference times/amount/scientific jargon blah blah blah....

30 seconds?!?!?!?!?

I nuked it for 3 minutes.
  • n622921
    n622921 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This one time, it was late and we were in.... oh... not that kind of confession.... okay.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    fidycixer wrote: »
    I confess that it concerns me a little bit that the cooking directions on the chicken sausage I am eating said "7-9 minutes in a hot frying pan OR 30 seconds in a microwave on HIGH".

That seems like a huge disparity in heat transference times/amount/scientific jargon blah blah blah....

30 seconds?!?!?!?!?

I nuked it for 3 minutes.

Well they are two different methods of heat transfer (radiation and conduction) with conduction being much slower as far as cooking goes

Agree. The methods are apples and oranges. That said:

I started with a minute and cut the sausage in two to check the temp. It was cold to the touch. 30 seconds is too little time by a very wide margin.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    I confess I've been so busy today, I forgot to pick up my daughter after school. I feel horrible!

Is she old enough to hitch hike?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options

Well they are two different methods of heat transfer (radiation and conduction) with conduction being much slower as far as cooking goes

Talk nerdy to me bby. <3
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I confess I like my cat drawings.

xci2i1x7viud.png
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

Talk nerdy to me bby. <3

Well then did ya know that in the vacuum of space, without a medium, the only method of heat transfer is through radiation which is not very efficient so it'd take about an hour or so for your body to freeze over. Not immediately like some movies show :grimace:

So you'd suffocate or explode before you froze to death. And no one could hear you scream... even if you could breathe.

I don't want to go to space.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I confess I like my cat drawings.

xci2i1x7viud.png

I confess I want to buy your work.I think my 18 cats would love it.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »

Talk nerdy to me bby. <3

Well then did ya know that in the vacuum of space, without a medium, the only method of heat transfer is through radiation which is not very efficient so it'd take about an hour or so for your body to freeze over. Not immediately like some movies show :grimace:

So you'd suffocate or explode before you froze to death. And no one could hear you scream... even if you could breathe.

I don't want to go to space.

Not explode but you would die in seconds. All the air molecules in your body will suddenly want to come outside your body, most entering your blood stream as well. So you would puff up, sunburn immediately, and you could at least hear your blood boil. If you're conscious.

this is truly fascinating
  • whiskey5jda2008
    whiskey5jda2008 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I confess I have the nearly prefect excuse for getting out of Jury Duty. I work in healthcare and anything that involves medical evidence pretty much rules me out.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    This one time at band practice.... :)
    Many times in choir, I lip synced. Just moved my mouth, and pretended to sing. :D I learned that a long time ago from watching Abba. I don't think I needed a wireless or corded mic. Just to look cute in my outfit would be fine. :D
    https://youtu.be/6OOrleE6wfc