5' - 5'3" females- want to lose 25-30 lbs

Options

Replies

• tashay27
    tashay27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey yall 5'1 over here and working toward 140 to 145 from 186lbs, needing support :)
  • Rebecca512787
    Rebecca512787 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    agbmom556 wrote: »
    Besides salads and soups what other low calorie high filling foods do you eat?

Foods high in protein or fiber. For protein I eat eggs, chickens, and tuna. Always eat 2 eggs for breakfast and two pieces of whole wheat toast. Tuna and crackers or a tuna sandwich for lunch is one option. Dinner, chicken with some vegetables. I'm not much of a salad eater. Snacks might include a few almonds but I have to be careful to count them out and not graze out of the can cause that'll get me in trouble real quick! :wink:
  • Rebecca512787
    Rebecca512787 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sunday Weigh In -- Finishing Week #15 (105 days)
    SW: 155.6 - 12/4/2016
    PW: 136.6
    CW: 135.6
    GW: 122

My loss this morning hit the 20 pound mark.

Feeling lucky this week for a 1 pound loss. Reasonable eating continued but I had some days I didn't record all of my food - that doesn't mean I was over but a sign my focus is slipping. Made the effort to get 10,000 steps in most days even though my routine was upset by spring break.

Spring officially begins this week. It is an opportunity for renewed focus of our goals!
  • Toneitup_jess
    Toneitup_jess Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! So glad I found this thread.
    5'2" 31 years old
    CW: 160 lbs
    GW: 130 lbs
    Feel free to add me if you would like to support each other.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    5' nothing and lost 85 pounds, I'm maxed out on friends but I want to encourage you that you can do it too! It is a bit slower for us short ladies as 1 pound is a greater percentage of body, so be patient and don't compare the rate of change with others. Also, be consistent and as accurate as possible with your calorie estimates as our margin of error is more narrow the smaller/shorter we are. Consistency is even more a must compared to bigger people.

You got this!
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

New to this thread. I am 5'4 (barely)

SW: 187 (Feb 6th 2017)
    CW: 174.6
    GW: 135 (but flexible depending on sizing and how I feel)

I weigh every day and use trend weight but my official WI day (for my online blog) is Mondays.

• lizh9
    lizh9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    agbmom556 wrote: »
    Besides salads and soups what other low calorie high filling foods do you eat?

Hi there,
    I may have posted this before, but there is a thread over on reddit called 'food for small bodies' https://www.reddit.com/r/1200isplenty/

I've gotten some good ideas there.
    Liz
  • goldentamarin
    goldentamarin Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Fellow shorty checking in. I'm 5'3" and am consistently appalled by how much more drastic and narrow weight gain/loss is for my body type. It's nice to see a support thread for this :) If anyone is looking for more friends, please add me! It's really motivating to see others with my stats progress, and I'm all about providing that mutual support. Especially please add me if you're doing a 1200 caloric intake and your diary is viewable - the more ideas, the better!

SW: 226
    CW: 185
    GW: 130
  • mollydt
    mollydt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm 24, 5'3, 158 and looking to lose about 30lbs (maybe up to 40, but I'll reevaluate as I progress). Feel free to add me!
  • jls1788
    jls1788 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2 " , 40 years old
    SW 161
    CW 149
    GW 130
    Feel free to add me too!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thank you @lizh9 :)
  • katrina6823
    katrina6823 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Everyone can add me I'm 25, 5'1. 23pounds down and 60 to go :)
  • Poopkh
    Poopkh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'1 currently at 155lbs, would love to be at least 125lbs, 120lbs would be awesome. I was at 157 a week and a half ago. Just 2 lbs lost so far. I am just doing calorie reduction and eating healthier. I will add exercises soon, wondering if anyone have recommendations for beginners.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Poopkh wrote: »
    Hey I'm 5'1 currently at 155lbs, would love to be at least 125lbs, 120lbs would be awesome. I was at 157 a week and a half ago. Just 2 lbs lost so far. I am just doing calorie reduction and eating healthier. I will add exercises soon, wondering if anyone have recommendations for beginners.

Most of my weight loss exercise has been walking/hiking, but I also did Linda edler's beginner youtube zumba and Leslie Sansone cardiovascular videos for a while. Swimming, too.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Poopkh wrote: »
    First, never say "just" 2 lbs lost :). That is huge!! That is 7% of your goal! My advice is to take it a half pound at a time each week. Aim for that and treat anything more as a wonderful bonus. It is reasonable to lose a half pound for us shorter folks, and it's motivating to reach goals. Also, it's great to exercise, but don't let that derail you if you cannot get to it yet. I will jump on the elliptical thinking only 10 minutes, and it turns into 30 many times, but I try not to get hung up on minimum of 3-4x week kind of thing.
  • bee_bee8
    bee_bee8 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread and wanted to hop on. I've always kind of kept to myself when it comes to weight loss goals and fitness, but it really is inspiring to be part of a group and see how much progress people are making :-)

Basic stats:
    Height - 5'3
    SW - 175-ish... I was afraid of the scale when I started dieting so I'm not exactly sure ;-)
    CW - 141
    GW - 120

A bit of background about me - In college I was in the best shape of my life, weight-wise and fitness-wise. After graduating and getting a desk job, I fell into some bad habits and steadily gained 70 lbs over the next few years. At the beginning of 2017, I decided to commit to getting healthy again with a good diet and regular exercise. So far, I feel pretty great.

One of the other reasons I wanted to join this thread was as a sort of "confessional." Since the beginning of January, I had been incredibly disciplined with both my workout and my diet. Last weekend, I went out one night and totally fell off the wagon for DAYS. Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday I ate excessive amounts of the most unhealthy food I could get my hands on (I mean, truly excessive - I don't think I stopped eating for more than a couple hours the whole time). I didn't workout once and felt like I had undone everything I spent the last few months working so hard for. I feel better now that I'm back in my fitness routine, but it was hard at the time and I didn't have any outlet to vent about it!

This thread looks like a bunch of wonderful and supportive people, so I'd love to be a part of it. Good luck everyone, we can do this!
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    bee_bee8 wrote: »
    I just found this thread and wanted to hop on. I've always kind of kept to myself when it comes to weight loss goals and fitness, but it really is inspiring to be part of a group and see how much progress people are making :-)

Basic stats:
    Height - 5'3
    SW - 175-ish... I was afraid of the scale when I started dieting so I'm not exactly sure ;-)
    CW - 141
    GW - 120

A bit of background about me - In college I was in the best shape of my life, weight-wise and fitness-wise. After graduating and getting a desk job, I fell into some bad habits and steadily gained 70 lbs over the next few years. At the beginning of 2017, I decided to commit to getting healthy again with a good diet and regular exercise. So far, I feel pretty great.

One of the other reasons I wanted to join this thread was as a sort of "confessional." Since the beginning of January, I had been incredibly disciplined with both my workout and my diet. Last weekend, I went out one night and totally fell off the wagon for DAYS. Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday I ate excessive amounts of the most unhealthy food I could get my hands on (I mean, truly excessive - I don't think I stopped eating for more than a couple hours the whole time). I didn't workout once and felt like I had undone everything I spent the last few months working so hard for. I feel better now that I'm back in my fitness routine, but it was hard at the time and I didn't have any outlet to vent about it!

This thread looks like a bunch of wonderful and supportive people, so I'd love to be a part of it. Good luck everyone, we can do this!
    So glad you made it back after being "off the wagon". You are doing so well on this journey - and it is a journey. You give the rest of us inspiration when you share your story. I was looking for that tonight and here it is! Stay strong.

[
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I would love to join you all! I am 22, 5' even, and currently weigh 152.3. I started in February at 167, and my ultimate goal weight is somewhere around 120-125, but I will keep evaulating as I go. Overall, I just want to be healthy! I will be sending out some friend requests!