daily gratitude check

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    Last night I slept 10 hours. It was glorious. Robin, you look like you are about to spit orange juice through your nose. :laugh: You are trying to get on my "funny" list??

I am grateful today that I have enough money.....(though I'm not working, and it is a bit worrisome)

~1. I paid off my mortgage when I lost my job. It seemed important at the time.
    ~2. I am still able to pay all my bills every month, and I owe no one any money.
    ~3. I am teachng myself how to make all my own meals from whole ingredients. It is interesting how little food one really needs, and how much less money I spend on food now - as compared to my fodd budget one year ago.

:drinker:
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    Today I am very grateful that my children helped me feel better and that my head pain went away.
    I am also grateful for a site that allows me to be bolder and to believe in my self a bit better.:flowerforyou:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    :heart: unexpected, TOM:noway:
    :heart: Halls Breezers
    :heart: exercise calories
    :heart: rain free days
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    A beautiful sunny Friday! Yes it's still cold but the sunshine feels good!

God provides for our needs, enough money this month to pay our property taxes and car insurance.

A good night of sleep last night.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Today the Earth moved. 4.5 quake. And although it scared the bejeeburs out of me, I am grateful.

~1. Because it got my behind out of bed at 5:26 AM
    ~2. It appears there are no injuries or serious damage
    ~3. I got to take two Xanax. Whee haaaaa. :glasses:

Dude, I'm a child of the 60s.:flowerforyou: Flower Power

We take pills for everything. :wink: :smokin: Now life is really comfy.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great idea for a thread!

Today, I am thankful:

That the sun is shining (we've had some cloudy/snowy/icy days with more to come).

That I still have over half a bottle of Jack Daniels at home.
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    happy friday!!!!
    today i am grateful....
    1. that it is friday and hubby and i are going out on a date - a real date! woo woo
    2. that the superbowl falls on the 1st so that i can have a treat at the SB party (only 2 more days of "January Goodie Fast" CMRiverside)
    3. for the dance class i took last night...it was awesome! i am really looking forward to next thursday when i can get my groove on again!
    4. that i didn't feel the earthquake (because i don't have any fun pills :cry: and i'd be freaking the hell out if my bed started shaking and rumbling)...and i'm glad nobody was injured!
    5. addendum to #1 - grateful that my gym has "friday night for kids" and that tonight's theme is princesses!!! My 4 year old is thrilled and excited to be at the gym at night and to have pizza and do princess crafts while hubby and i are out on our date...we're lucky to have a great gym and that she loves to be there so much! the date wasn't even our idea - it was hers!!!! :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    happy friday!!!!
    today i am grateful....
    1. that it is friday and hubby and i are going out on a date - a real date! woo woo
    2. that the superbowl falls on the 1st so that i can have a treat at the SB party (only 2 more days of "January Goodie Fast" CMRiverside)
    3. for the dance class i took last night...it was awesome! i am really looking forward to next thursday when i can get my groove on again!
    4. that i didn't feel the earthquake (because i don't have any fun pills :cry: and i'd be freaking the hell out if my bed started shaking and rumbling)...and i'm glad nobody was injured!
    5. addendum to #1 - grateful that my gym has "friday night for kids" and that tonight's theme is princesses!!! My 4 year old is thrilled and excited to be at the gym at night and to have pizza and do princess crafts while hubby and i are out on our date...we're lucky to have a great gym and that she loves to be there so much! the date wasn't even our idea - it was hers!!!! :laugh:

you are so cute! We started a new "team" - I'll send you the link.....:heart:
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    today i am grateful....
    1. that today is saturday (but not grateful about the piles of laundry staring at me...:grumble: )
    2. that i got to sleep in (thank you hubby for waking up early to feed the dogs and for giving lucy her insulin shot...i hate giving my little dog that shot, so getting a morning off from doing it is a REAL treat!...hard to believe i am a nurse! ha ha ha...a nurse who hates shots! :laugh: )
    3. a husband who patiently listens to my ongoing rant about weight loss and how unfair this process is for me...i am beginning to think there is something wrong with me :sad:
    4. my ginormous steel water bottle! i love it!!! no more icky plastic bottles for me!!! :drinker:
    5. sunny california weather - it brightens my day (literally!) :flowerforyou:
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    Oh I love this! Used to do this every single night in my journal but I haven't written down my thanks in a while - just done it in my head from time to time. This will be good for me to take my focus away from the miseries of life these days (when's spring again?) I will do FIVE every day.

1. For the ability to stay in bed a little longer today.:yawn:
    2. For the glorious sun shine to up my spirits (& a little warmer temp today too!):bigsmile:
    3. For a lovely, loyal dog who wags her tail so hard when she sees me that her whole butt moves back and forth which makes me laugh.:laugh:
    4. For a little bit of money left over after bills and savings and a tonne of groceries so my man can have some beer and I can have some wine (it's been sooooo long!) :drinker:
    5. For answered prayers big and small - every single day. I see it every single day. :heart:
  • bobbiet
    bobbiet Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi!! This is my first post on the message boards!

I am grateful for:

A steady, rewarding job
    The love and support of good friends
    A warm, comfortable home
    My 94 year old mom - every day she's still here is a blessing
    The good health that I have - and the motivation to improve it!

:flowerforyou:

(now, would someone tell me how to add my signature and ticker to this????)
  • keiko
    Options
    I'm grateful that today is Saturday and I got to sleep in. Ok I only slept about 20 min longer but I did not have to hear the alarm clock or get up right away.

That I got all my laundry done yesterday. And that I had meatballs and sauce in the freezer so for dinner all I have to do is cook some pasta and warm them up.

That for lunch I experimented and got the most wonderful pumpkin soup! I had alittle bit of leftover pumpkin red pepper sauce leftover. We ate it with spinach & ricotta tortellini. Very yummy. But I added extra stock to the sauce and made it into a very yummy bowl of soup.

I'm also grateful that know one was hurt in that earthquake. Do you think it has anything to do with the volcano in Alaska? Because you don't normally have earthquakes do you?
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I'm also grateful that know one was hurt in that earthquake. Do you think it has anything to do with the volcano in Alaska? Because you don't normally have earthquakes do you?

I keep waiting for the volcano to blow! I thought of that yesterday, too. So far, the volcano in AK is holding on. I live in the "Ring of Fire" and we have lots of earthquakes. It is usually the same fault that moves, and there are small quakes every day, but this one was just very substantial. My building is faily old and I am on the third floor, with unstable soil beneath - so it was rockin-and-rollin.:sick: they scare me. :noway:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Today is a beautiful blue sky day. No shaking. I am grateful for some random things today....

~1. Old family photos
    ~2. My $6 thrift-store Crockpot
    ~3. Imagination
  • missmez
    Options
    For Sunday - beautiful Sunday!

1. I'm grateful that January is officially over and we're that much closer to spring! :flowerforyou:

2. I'm grateful that my wonderful man loves me so much and continues to let me know it. :love:

3. I'm grateful for having plenty of good food and drink to choose from. :drinker:

4. I'm grateful for living in such a friendly, open-gate neighborhood - it's a dream come true. :happy:

5. I'm grateful for my friends and family who are hundreds of miles away, always staying close to my heart and letting me know they're missing me as much as I miss them! :heart:
  • keiko
    Options
    The abilitly to praise God openly and not have to hide

A walk outside with my DH & dog. It was my first walk of the winter.

Sunshine, it's making me sleepy right now and I'm thinking about a little nap!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    The day is almost over and I spent 18 hours in bed with food poisoning, and unable to keep anything down. :frown:

~So at this particular moment, I am grateful to be vertical.
    ~I am grateful that I ate about an hour ago, and so far so good.
    ~I am grateful that I chose the whole wheat pasta and veggies rather than the, "drive to the fast food - oh woe is me," approach I would have used in the past.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

(now, would someone tell me how to add my signature and ticker to this????)

Hi, I can help you with that:flowerforyou:
    Click Tools,
    Then click update ticker then see info below which it will also show you when you click on..

Installing Your Ticker
    To add your ticker to your forum signature, blog, MySpace page, etc., just copy and paste the appropriate code below.

you want to use the message board code....let us know if you still need a bit of help:wink::flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • missmez
    Options
    For Monday:

1. For new beginnings and fresh starts.:happy:

2. For a wonderful mother-in-law who will always drive me to work when it's minus 40 with the wind chill.:smile:

3. For quiet mornings with coffee and my Joyce Meyer program.:drinker:

4. For having a great job that I like to go to (even though I'd always like to just stay home).:ohwell:

5. For a closet full of clothes that were mostly given to me by coworkers! I always have a choice in the morning and I always feel pretty good!:blushing:
  • missmez
    Options
    Oh and cmriverside, I'm sorry to hear you were sick all day. Glad you're back to yourself now! Take care!